Unanswered Matthersby log: Old man on a mission

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to see you still crushing in matthersby. Even have your show lined out it seems (still catching g up)...you might have sold me on the bpc/tb500.....so much to pay attention to
Holy fck Beaph! You look freaking awesome!
Feel a little skinny after losing 30lbs from my bulk last winter but I got too fat and bulking now in the 220s with Lower bf is way easier. Good to have you.
RUIs TB/BPC is way cheap and it’s easy to tell they work from the itchiness and flushing. MA would be my second choice since I’m a cheapskate. Really turned my forearm injury around and I’ve been able to train hard while it’s slowly healing which would be impossible otherwise.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the words! And I feel ya - lost about 24 pounds this summer myself - not quite 30 but it's hard to say goodbye to that size even if it is a fat / water / glycogen mess .

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So, gonna go back to preloading Tudca and drop my AI dose a little lower and the winny completely.. started getting the usual nausea and lethargy being on the winny. Will try again in a few weeks. Luckily I have lots of Proviron and I love how it treats me so I’m going high dose on it.
Winny: 0 for now
Proviron: 125-150 daily. Woke up dry af this morning and strength is on the rise so if orals are out for me moving forward this will be my go-to oral DHT agent.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My coach is pleased with the modest weight gain so we are pushing forward with this:
Macros
Protein: 295-300
Carbs: 425-430
Fat: 85-90
3750 cals on training days.
Excited to get some size back on me.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t make a habit of weighing myself every day, but it looks like I’ll be 225 or so by Thursday weigh in. Getting a little softer in the midsection which I’m fine with seeing what we can do without cardio or drugs I’m confident we can get the fat I gain off come January.
Shoulders are getting rounder and bigger. Still going to need some serious size increase in arms and legs but it’s coming along.
IMG_0604.JPG

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice pic bro. As you mentioned you’ll look nasty as hell once you get some size in arms and shoulders. Love the definition of your shoulders though.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I don’t make a habit of weighing myself every day, but it looks like I’ll be 225 or so by Thursday weigh in. Getting a little softer in the midsection which I’m fine with seeing what we can do without cardio or drugs I’m confident we can get the fat I gain off come January.
Shoulders are getting rounder and bigger. Still going to need some serious size increase in arms and legs but it’s coming along.
View attachment 187225
Looking shredded bro! What’s your goal weight?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man - that kind of leanness at 225 is awesome. Abs are just sick! I'd think you could blow up to 250 and still look pretty dang lean on top of that...impressive. also forgot to note I love the title of this thread "old man on a mission"

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking shredded bro! What’s your goal weight?
I’m totally not in the driver’s seat. I keep emailing him about our goal, how much, when, are we going to be able to do this, that, can we get the lower ab fat off in time, will my legs be big enough by January etc etc? He totally dodges the question and tells me to trust the process. It’s super frustrating.
So, my guess is 1-2.5lbs a week puts us at 235-255 by January 1, which I’d be happy with with no added bf, I imagine we would then decide if I could just try to crush Men’s Physique or go in against bigger guys that are 5’8 in classic. Granted they will be 35+ which will help. It all depends and he just keeps telling me to follow everything to a T. This **** is so fun for me though. I’d have no problem eating sawdust 7 days a week if that’s what would give me consistent results and improvements.
The log helps with all the good guys commenting bc I don’t want to come on week after week and not look better so I push hard.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean even if you don’t see weekly changes that’s not a bad thing always - you just have to stay the course. Just do everything coach says and that way you either get results or at least can’t be blamed for any deviation.

Trust the person you are paying to do their job!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean even if you don’t see weekly changes that’s not a bad thing always - you just have to stay the course. Just do everything coach says and that way you either get results or at least can’t be blamed for any deviation.

Trust the person you are paying to do their job!
Oh ya brother, not every day is a homerun. I’m setting the bar high as I can.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anybody get constipation bad?
I know it’s from the Kratom I use, but 300grams protein a day and only rice(veggies as often as I can) doesn’t help. I imagine some struggle with this on low carb diets.
Currently taking about a gram of mag citrate daily with another gram of stool softener. Also tried ACV and fermented sauerkraut too daily seems to help a little.
Thoughts?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anybody get constipation bad?
I know it’s from the Kratom I use, but 300grams protein a day and only rice(veggies as often as I can) doesn’t help. I imagine some struggle with this on low carb diets.
Currently taking about a gram of mag citrate daily with another gram of stool softener. Also tried ACV and fermented sauerkraut too daily seems to help a little.
Thoughts?
Man...acv 2-3X a day and 3g of psyllium in the am...3g in the pm keeps me regular as hell. I use kratom 3-4 times a day on top of that also. I'm sure your getting enough water knowing you...is your estrogen a little low? No matter what I do if my estro is too low, itll slow that process way down. Sounds like your doing a lot stronger regimen than I'm used to though.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought youd be about done with that kratom by now!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I thought youd be about done with that kratom by now!
It’s manageable, no increasing at all but I haven’t committed to a taper, just need to be at my best lately with work school training. Need to just slowly get it under control. It’s not even a financial strain at this point with kilos being so cheap.
I dose every 3 hours a smaller amount. I literally start getting withdrawal symptoms 5-6 hours after my last dose. Sometimes I start withdrawing 4-5am, so I’ll get up and do a small dose.
Need to get off this shyt.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll trade you. TP gonna bankrupt my azzzz! When I took kratom daily tho I’d get a lil plugged up. Currently use 1-3 x week max. Helps plumbing flow and keep tolerance down

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s manageable, no increasing at all but I haven’t committed to a taper, just need to be at my best lately with work school training. Need to just slowly get it under control. It’s not even a financial strain at this point with kilos being so cheap.
I dose every 3 hours a smaller amount. I literally start getting withdrawal symptoms 5-6 hours after my last dose. Sometimes I start withdrawing 4-5am, so I’ll get up and do a small dose.
Need to get off this shyt.
That sounds like a hassle redosing every 3 hrs bro. I was at that point with it not too long ago. I've been off it 4 months now and I'm glad i stopped, the hard part for me was the sleep issues and just the general increase in pain for about a month. I hope you get that situation resolved.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll trade you. TP gonna bankrupt my azzzz! When I took kratom daily tho I’d get a lil plugged up. Currently use 1-3 x week max. Helps plumbing flow and keep tolerance down
Tianeptine?
It’s so bad, I pretty much only **** before my morning dose, as soon as the day begins and my first dose kicks in, it’s unlikely. It’s a huge improvement with all the measures I’m taking that I’m shitting every 24hours. Took some trial and error to get there.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like a hassle redosing every 3 hrs bro. I was at that point with it not too long ago. I've been off it 4 months now and I'm glad i stopped, the hard part for me was the sleep issues and just the general increase in pain for about a month. I hope you get that situation resolved.
Did you taper every dose down or jump off?

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you taper every dose down or jump off?
I went to jail for two months. It sucked for a couple days but really not that bad, just the fatigue and aches and pain for a few weeks were a little annoying. If i had my choice i would definitely taper. I was dosing about 5g's every 6hrs.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd think with a strong mind like you've got Matth youd need a few days of nothing on the schedule just to get past the initial crap. After that it will get better every day, and quickly....you've got so much going on it's understandable why you havent totally kicked it yet. Especially with something as inexpensive and "harmless" at kratom. Waiting til its convenient isnt as much of an issue compared to being on some real drugs.

I know I'm not telling you anything you dont know....just saying it out loud though.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So, on a gram of Tudca a day split up, I’m attempting to add just 20mg Var pwo, day 3 and appetite is raging and energy is good. I’ll keep running the Tudca and if I can make it to week 2, I’ll add another 20mg at bedtime. It’s just absurd to me, with my oral cycle history and labs that this year I can’t use any oral except Proviron. If this works, I plan to spread this insight like a virus to older guys that can’t use orals anymore. Maybe liver support does have a place for this reason?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0617.JPG

NPP/Proviron/sprinkle of Var is treating me well. Waking up not flat but really dry.
I’m very realistic about my lower abs not fully coming in until the very end of prep.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I dont know how you continue to grow keeping your abs lean like that...great update

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking really good. You really are taking 12.5mg exemestane every day? On 450mg test? With THAT much proviron you need that much?

My estro would be 0.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking really good. You really are taking 12.5mg exemestane every day? On 450mg test? With THAT much proviron you need that much?

My estro would be 0.
I aromatize heavily, always have. I’ve taken daily letro doses on some 19s that would make most cringe.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

My estro would be 0.
You are thinking too narrowly. There are people without gyno who can take 1,500mg test with no AI or SERM and would laugh at you even using one at all.

It’s totally individual, like all drug response. Maybe he aromatizes very heavily - or maybe AIs just don’t work that well for him, or his estro receptors aren’t that affected by SERMs.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
You are thinking too narrowly. There are people without gyno who can take 1,500mg test with no AI or SERM and would laugh at you even using one at all.

It’s totally individual, like all drug response. Maybe he aromatizes very heavily - or maybe AIs just don’t work that well for him, or his estro receptors aren’t that affected by SERMs.
1.5 grams of test with no AI, lmao proof or it never happen! 😱 honesty that’s a reach!
I never run an AI until I get above 350mg of test and I have had gyno for 7 years. Currently running aromasin twice a week @ 12.5 mg on 480mg of test and 600mg EQ.

If I used 12.5mg everyday I wouldn’t be able to curl a 20 lb dumbbell because my wrist would feel like they were about to snap off!!

Matt just super aromatizes!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1.5 grams of test with no AI, lmao proof or it never happen! honesty that’s a reach!
I never run an AI until I get above 350mg of test and I have had gyno for 7 years. Currently running aromasin twice a week @ 12.5 mg on 480mg of test and 600mg EQ.

If I used 12.5mg everyday I wouldn’t be able to curl a 20 lb dumbbell because my wrist would feel like they were about to snap off!!

Matt just super aromatizes!!
Paul Carter (owner of Lift Run Bang)has publicly stated that on video.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dont know if any of you guys follow Nick Trigilli at a. But I can remember him saying he ran high doses of test like that - and also said he only used a.i. when getting ready for a show. Makes you wonder if guys like that just aren't as sensitive to the estrogen sides...just cant understand estro doing anything but going through the roof at 1g+.

Matth I thought my a.i. doses were high . You put me to shame brother! My knees would be crackin into a million pieces with that

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can run any test dose i tried (ran up to 650mg per week at the absolute highest, only for a week though) without ai and i wont get sensitive nips. I get stronger without ai actually and see more gains but my face looks like a disc god damn it.
And i lose libido and prolactin shoots up.

And my blood pressure goes to 140/85-90.
Ran 500-600mg test without an ai for weeks. No nipple sensitivity whatosoever but e2 was 109 pg/ml, prolactin shot up and i couldnt get an erection.

even now on 100mg test + 1500 iu hcg per week my libido increases after 12.5mg aromasin dose bu ti am trying to avoid it because of lipid issues ai's are notorious for causing.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just throwing it out there (since we are already taking about taking a shitload of AI) but I stumbled across this today:
IMG_0627.JPG

Coincidentally I added Trest Ace to my eod injections to get some more volume in the syringe. And because I’ve been off Trest for 5 weeks and I missed it.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I can run any test dose i tried (ran up to 650mg per week at the absolute highest, only for a week though) without ai and i wont get sensitive nips. I get stronger without ai actually and see more gains but my face looks like a disc god damn it.
And i lose libido and prolactin shoots up.

And my blood pressure goes to 140/85-90.
Ran 500-600mg test without an ai for weeks. No nipple sensitivity whatosoever but e2 was 109 pg/ml, prolactin shot up and i couldnt get an erection.

even now on 100mg test + 1500 iu hcg per week my libido increases after 12.5mg aromasin dose bu ti am trying to avoid it because of lipid issues ai's are notorious for causing.
My gyno would definitely flare up from 1500iu of hcg a week. That with or without test.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can never have enough volume in the old syringe. 🤣
Speaking of volumes...i feel it is such a waste of a 1ml insulin syringe now that i am pinning 0.2ml (250mg/ml test e) 2x per week.

It basically looks as if i am not pinning anything at all. I even draw with the 29g lol that comes prepacked with insulin syringes, it is that small of a volume that it takes practically no time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
John Meadows preaches the same. He prefers tamoxifen ONLY on cycle but not when running 1.5grams a week. Trust me we are on the same page, just not with the dosages.
I mean he’s not preaching no AI; he just gets no pain or appreciable tissue accrual at any dose. My point is people can be different.

My gyno would definitely flare up from 1500iu of hcg a week. That with or without test.
Just added 500iu HCG e3d and had to bump exemestane from 12.5 2x a week to eod immediately lol

Speaking of volumes...i feel it is such a waste of a 1ml insulin syringe now that i am pinning 0.2ml (250mg/ml test e) 2x per week.

It basically looks as if i am not pinning anything at all. I even draw with the 29g lol that comes prepacked with insulin syringes, it is that small of a volume that it takes practically no time.
Bro run some peptides, 2 shots of 0.1ML each BPC157 daily will have you feel like you’re killing the earth

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had to drop HCG completely. Was having too many issues with E2 and acne from it. Now I will have to rely on triptorelin down the road to wake up the boys, if I ever want to have kids.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had to drop HCG completely. Was having too many issues with E2 and acne from it. Now I will have to rely on triptorelin down the road to wake up the boys, if I ever want to have kids.
It has treated me well so far. Testicles are huge.

it definitely increases aromatization but i seem to be getting away with 12.5mg exemestane really only once, maybe twice a week.
as i said, i really try to minimize its use.

Libido is great (100mg test on top of hcg) however i can feel it fade a bit as i am hovering at the top of acceptable range when it comes to e2. 12.5mg e-stane brings it right back.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
awesome info brother, many thanks.

hum - r is the way I’m going pwo. I’ll be taking the carbs with but doing it with a training buddy who is also going to be using it so we can keep an eye on each other.
I’ll be keep fast acting carb sources on hand at my gym and on me when I leave, not planning to take any excess risk.

im on mk, cjc dac and ipamorelin at the moment (and will be on cycle) so that should help BUT I also take berberine and metformin which obviously affect the insulin response - I need to look at the interaction more but tbh I’ll probably just stop taking them whilst on slin to be safe

Keep a bottle of apple or grape juice spiked with extra sugar. Also I never want over 10iu either I do way less than than 200lbs though

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There’s loads of great things here. I think that’s why it’s one of the most moved-to areas in the US. Buckeye and Gilbert being some of the fastest growing cities right now.
But after this summer and the 16 prior to it, I’m moving to damn Oregon as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I can’t do the weather anymore
I got a house in Oregon right by rogue river.

Hey I know your always looking for advice on quitting so here's a piece that might help.

My ex coach Dean Babalais won the Sacramento pro and placed top 10 for the NYC and top 6th for the Olympia hes had at least 3 top ten finishes but lately has placed lower but still making it onto the Olympia stage. Take a look at pics or videos of him from say 2014 till now and you'll get a drift of what judges are looking for

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep a bottle of apple or grape juice spiked with extra sugar. Also I never want over 10iu either I do way less than than 200lbs though
12iu’s was troublesome and didn’t provide much more benefit for me, and I was a good 245 or so. Hypo sucks too bad to push this stuff that aggressively.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean he’s not preaching no AI; he just gets no pain or appreciable tissue accrual at any dose. My point is people can be different.

Just added 500iu HCG e3d and had to bump exemestane from 12.5 2x a week to eod immediately lol

Bro run some peptides, 2 shots of 0.1ML each BPC157 daily will have you feel like you’re killing the earth
Or you could Bostin Lloyd it, and reuse the pins until the needle breaks off. Hopefully not inside your skin though.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's like 12$ for a box of 100 slin pins at walmart? What the heck are you guys whining about? Personally I love getting a huge container and filling it up with used pins - makes me feel like I'm doing something right