Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For anyone interested:
First 7-8 weeks were neurological, pretty much nothing to failure and low rep ranges (8,6,4) Legs (12-15) and a few exercises 5x5.

My split now is:
M - Chest Delts
T - Quads Calves
W- Off
T - Back Delts
F - Off
S - Chest BIS Tris
S - Hams Calves

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For anyone interested:
First 7-8 weeks were neurological, pretty much nothing to failure and low rep ranges (8,6,4) Legs (12-15) and a few exercises 5x5.

My split now is:
M - Chest Delts
T - Quads Calves
W- Off
T - Back Delts
F - Off
S - Chest BIS Tris
S - Hams Calves
Nice. Def interested. Gonna try and get my brother to follow your routine along with myself. He's a couple years younger than you and natty but your height so if he can just eat like a horse then should still benefit and I'm just looking to try something new. Keep the info coming along wkth those gaaaiiiins!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the ole 2 on 1 off 1 on... hearkens back to MM2k days. I followed the same split for several yrs back in the day.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
In

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Friday was Chest#2 & Arms:
-DC style Smith Incline work up to 1x8/5/3 drop set.
-Wide Grip Chest Dips 4 sets to failure
- Cable Flys top 2/3 of movement 4 sets with a double drop set finisher
- Incline Hammer Press 3x12
- Cable Crossover Tri Extensions 4 sets with a double drop set finisher
- Prontated DB Kickbacks (he’s a big fan of non traditional grips) 4x6-8
DB incline Curls 4x8
Preacher Curls 4x8-10 with a double drop set.
Bicep volume is not massive with him, maybe due to the really long back/pulls workout just 3 days prior.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So, with these chicken legs of mine, My trainer went one of two ways. Legs twice a week or high volume hams, x1 quad/ high volume quads x1 hams. This phase was the second option. Hams and calves today.
-Lying curls 4x8-10 with 15 1/3 reps end of each set.
- Smith Stiff Deads 4x12 (got 315 easy which pleased me)
- seated curls 4x8
- Kossack squats 3x15

4 second eccentrics on pretty much everything. TUT is agonizing on some of these and I’ve had to get used to lower weight with those eternity negatives.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Obviously in for this, always like your logs, you can hear the emotion in the way you write.

forgive me If I’m not recalling correctly but didn’t you use to be a fan of slin? I’m planning to use it for the first time myself over Xmas so was hoping for pointers and knowledge in that regard as well. If you have used previous but aren’t now is there any reason?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Obviously in for this, always like your logs, you can hear the emotion in the way you write.

forgive me If I’m not recalling correctly but didn’t you use to be a fan of slin? I’m planning to use it for the first time myself over Xmas so was hoping for pointers and knowledge in that regard as well. If you have used previous but aren’t now is there any reason?
Lantus put a ton of fat on me. I feel like it would be better with gh and in a careful deficit.
Nov-R/Hum-R intra or even better Preworkout, is amazing. Pumps, growth, it’s hands down the most gains I’ve seen next to Trest/SD.

Start small. 4-8 iu’s will put plenty of muscle on you. 12 is a good dose to get to if over 200lbs, but I would move very slowly to that point.
It’s much more ideal w peptides or growth.
Your intra-shake is probably the second most important part of this. Cram as much good shyt as you can into that. I’m talking 100grams dextrose/Karbolyn/glucose. You can even do it ghetto and dump your stuff into a few gatorades. I would say 20grams BCAAs is enough, but the more the better. 10 if cost is a factor. Glutamine and Creatine need to be in there as well. 10grams a piece. The first most critical thing is, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE without gummy bears. 400grams in your damn pockets if you have to. Don’t think you can pull over to a gas station because you don’t have that kind of time if this goes sideways. I had 200grams in my pockets, and 2 bottles of dextrose tabs and another 2 gummies in my gym bag. Best to already have a carb rich meal in you when you pin and still eat your fast carbs right when you pin. 10grams per IU I believe, them slowly work your way down to 6grams. Over a month. I only pinned pwo. Not in the morning too but you can down the road. The thing I preferred was pinning 1.5hours before training so after I only had a 4 hour window to need to keep eating every hour after training. Plus I worked out at night and I wouldn’t have to stay awake till 12-1 that way. I used John Doe’s bb’ing as my initial protocol and added some of my own trial and error.

I stopped bc I went hypo pretty bad once and it jus became too stressful to keep using. Been considering it but doubting my almost-natty coach would sign off on it. As long as you have carbs on you, it’s not that bad. I would also recommend aspirating bc if you get it in a vein, even a nick, you may need to put down 300-400 carbs or end up in the ER.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lantus put a ton of fat on me. I feel like it would be better with gh and in a careful deficit.
Nov-R/Hum-R intra or even better Preworkout, is amazing. Pumps, growth, it’s hands down the most gains I’ve seen next to Trest/SD.

Start small. 4-8 iu’s will put plenty of muscle on you. 12 is a good dose to get to if over 200lbs, but I would move very slowly to that point.
Your intra-shake is probably the second most important part of this. Cram as much good shyt as you can into that. I’m talking 100grams dextrose/Karbolyn/glucose. You can even do it ghetto and dump your stuff into a few gatorades. I would say 20grams BCAAs is enough, but the more the better. 10 if cost is a factor. Glutamine and Creatine need to be in there as well. 10grams a piece. The first most critical thing is, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE without gummy bears. 400grams in your damn pockets if you have to. Don’t think you can pull over to a gas station because you don’t have that kind of time if this goes sideways. I had 200grams in my pockets, and 2 bottles of dextrose tabs and another 2 gummies in my gym bag. Best to already have a carb rich meal in you when you pin and still eat your fast carbs right when you pin. 10grams per IU I believe, them slowly work your way down to 6grams. Over a month. I only pinned pwo. Not in the morning too but you can down the road. The thing I preferred was pinning 1.5hours before training so after I only had a 4 hour window to need to keep eating every hour after training. Plus I worked out at night and I wouldn’t have to stay awake till 12-1 that way. I used John Doe’s bb’ing as my initial protocol and added some of my own trial and error.

I stopped bc I went hypo pretty bad once and it jus became too stressful to keep using. Been considering it but doubting my almost-natty coach would sign off on it. As long as you have carbs on you, it’s not that bad. I would also recommend aspirating bc if you get it in a vein, even a nick, you may need to put down 300-400 carbs or end up in the ER.
Was doing that same slin protocol for the past year. Really helps to put muscles on and stay pumped for longer, after workout.
Ended up with 7gr carbs x 1IU. Never went over 10IU's pre workouts.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

awesome info brother, many thanks.

hum - r is the way I’m going pwo. I’ll be taking the carbs with but doing it with a training buddy who is also going to be using it so we can keep an eye on each other.
I’ll be keep fast acting carb sources on hand at my gym and on me when I leave, not planning to take any excess risk.

im on mk, cjc dac and ipamorelin at the moment (and will be on cycle) so that should help BUT I also take berberine and metformin which obviously affect the insulin response - I need to look at the interaction more but tbh I’ll probably just stop taking them whilst on slin to be safe

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, you should be straight. Great that you’re using peptides too. I would say with hum-r is just be advised that you can still go hypo any time within 4.5 hours. Best to just keep eating as you’re shuttling more efficiently anyways to recently torn down muscles. If you start getting fat, I’d do more cardio before I start skipping meals in that time frame. Luckily once you get hypo once, you’ll always know what to look for.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome, you should be straight. Great that you’re using peptides too. I would say with hum-r is just be advised that you can still go hypo any time within 4.5 hours. Best to just keep eating as you’re shuttling more efficiently anyways to recently torn down muscles. If you start getting fat, I’d do more cardio before I start skipping meals in that time frame. Luckily once you get hypo once, you’ll always know what to look for.
haha, yeah I’m not gonna lie there is a reason that I planned to use it first time over Xmas - the festive food should be put to good use lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
haha, yeah I’m not gonna lie there is a reason that I planned to use it first time over Xmas - the festive food should be put to good use lol
It was real hard for me to just sit there and eat that kind of sugar. But I didn’t get fat. Just grew faster.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It was real hard for me to just sit there and eat that kind of sugar. But I didn’t get fat. Just grew faster.
xmas is the one time of year I say **** it and eat like a bit of a twat. But it’s also the time of the year where I have the time to do an hour light cardio every morning and lift for 2 hours most afternoons......

I do recall you posting about that hypo your had - was when you were trying for 290 or something wasn’t it? I’ll be looking back at your insulin thread as well my man

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
xmas is the one time of year I say **** it and eat like a bit of a twat. But it’s also the time of the year where I have the time to do an hour light cardio every morning and lift for 2 hours most afternoons......

I do recall you posting about that hypo your had - was when you were trying for 290 or something wasn’t it? I’ll be looking back at your insulin thread as well my man
Naw it was in 2016. I had my kids on weekends and did nothing but worked and trained. I never grew so much in my life. I just ate all the time, prepped all day Sunday, trained as long as I wanted. It’s just a year that I went bonkers with everything and was pretty stacked. Things have changed a lot since then. I’m in a more balanced place but this is getting a lot of my focus right now.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here’s a typical training day. Off day carbs go down about 600 calories worth.

4oz steak
1 cup egg whites
TbspGrass fed butter
Half avocado

50grams whey ISO/10g Glutamine
1-2oz almonds

1cup rice
6oz chicken

75grams cream of rice
6oz chicken

Intra - 20g BCAA/ 50g Karbolyn

50g whey ISO/10g glutamine/5g creatine/3g Taurine
2 1/4 cup fruity pebbles - 1 pear

2 cups rice
6 oz chicken
Tbsp coconut oil
3 rice cakes

Greens at every meal.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fck it, I liked the lighting.
Put 4lbs on the scale since my OP. I imagine he’ll just keep increasing carbs as my weight goes up. So glad the reverse diet is over so I can get some size on my lanky ass.
IMG_0530.JPG

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Started winstrol again last night @25mg. Taking 500-1000 Tudca during the day for the sole reason of keeping nausea and lethargy to a minimum. We will see if it works. Haven’t used any liver support since 2013

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Started winstrol again last night @25mg. Taking 500-1000 Tudca during the day for the sole reason of keeping nausea and lethargy to a minimum. We will see if it works. Haven’t used any liver support since 2013
Good luck with those orals buddy. I hope they start agreeing with you. 😋 That’s a scary picture!!

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, for many many years now, I've only been drinking maybe once or twice a month... and yet I still struggle with orals. I don't get it :( I need to keep TUDCA stocked away because I have about 3 bottles of superdrol I need to put to use lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, for many many years now, I've only been drinking maybe once or twice a month... and yet I still struggle with orals. I don't get it :( I need to keep TUDCA stocked away because I have about 3 bottles of superdrol I need to put to use lol
It’s a predicament and I’m really hopeful this works because no matter how I take them or what dose, I start getting sick less than a week in. My liver panels are gorgeous so it has to be something else.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It’s a predicament and I’m really hopeful this works because no matter how I take them or what dose, I start getting sick less than a week in. My liver panels are gorgeous so it has to be something else.
If your body doesn’t agree with orals why don’t you run winny in oil?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If your body doesn’t agree with orals why don’t you run winny in oil?
Mainly because I dropped $1800 for all my gear leading up to the show, and I’ve got a dozen bottles of winny Var Proviron just sitting in a box. If I can’t find a way to use them, I will eventually be limited to injectable orals. It is very confusing though that I ran any oral I wanted last year and this year I can’t even run Var. Not ready to go that route until I figure out what’s causing this.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mainly because I dropped $1800 for all my gear leading up to the show, and I’ve got a dozen bottles of winny Var Proviron just sitting in a box. If I can’t find a way to use them, I will eventually be limited to injectable orals. It is very confusing though that I ran any oral I wanted last year and this year I can’t even run Var. Not ready to go that route until I figure out what’s causing this.
Was just asking I’ve never used any winstrol, var, or any other oral in oil but I’ve heard it can be much more effective also less sides. I figured there was a reason $1800 a good reason to eat em.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Was just asking I’ve never used any winstrol, var, or any other oral in oil but I’ve heard it can be much more effective also less sides. I figured there was a reason $1800 a good reason to eat em.
And then the ultimate: SD in oil!
Ya man, if this doesn’t play out well, I’ll be stuck with only inj oral or injectable only. I’ve got to figure it out though. I’d imagine competing is tough without orals. But I guess the nausea won’t hurt being in a strict deficit. But I can’t work without energy and I feel like death way fast too. Super bizarre but I’ll figure it out somehow.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I could train back 5 days a week. Best day. I don’t go super heavy on anything for a lot of reasons but I do on back much more often. Today I got 230x5 on the V-bar pulldowns (with 3 second eccentrics) and 445x3 deads. Starting to feel really good. NPP is fully kicked in and I went ahead and added Proviron 75mg split up throughout the day and Winnie 25mg at night. If I’m not lethargic and nauseous next Wednesday I’ll start another 25mg pwo.

I decided when I finish my business/marketing degree next year I’m going right into an MBA. The Mrs and I are also going to get MLS and LO license and venture more into real estate in the loan side of it. Life is good and I’m fucking hungry!

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I could train back 5 days a week. Best day. I don’t go super heavy on anything for a lot of reasons but I do on back much more often. Today I got 230x5 on the V-bar pulldowns (with 3 second eccentrics) and 445x3 deads. Starting to feel really good. NPP is fully kicked in and I went ahead and added Proviron 75mg split up throughout the day and Winnie 25mg at night. If I’m not lethargic and nauseous next Wednesday I’ll start another 25mg pwo.

I decided when I finish my business/marketing degree next year I’m going right into an MBA. The Mrs and I are also going to get MLS and LO license and venture more into real estate in the loan side of it. Life is good and I’m fucking hungry!
Big Dogs Eat, Scared dogs stay on the porch and starve.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In late, just found this. Lookin good and stoked to see the progress!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Despite workouts causing more mechanical damage, and increased intensity, my left forearm strain is starting to improve week after week.
This would be impossible without my continued use of TB500 and BPC157.
I’ve tried both standalone and together. TB500 gives me severely unpleasant facial flushing but without a doubt causes more rapid healing. The BPC seems to blunt pain within 20 minutes though. Combined they are powerful agents for rapid injury healing. I’m thrilled I have them and I’d be sidelined for a month without them.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Despite workouts causing more mechanical damage, and increased intensity, my left forearm strain is starting to improve week after week.
This would be impossible without my continued use of TB500 and BPC157.
I’ve tried both standalone and together. TB500 gives me severely unpleasant facial flushing but without a doubt causes more rapid healing. The BPC seems to blunt pain within 20 minutes though. Combined they are powerful agents for rapid injury healing. I’m thrilled I have them and I’d be sidelined for a month without them.
At what dosage do you use them? Sorry if I missed this info early on in this thread

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At what dosage do you use them? Sorry if I missed this info early on in this thread
I don’t follow a protocol at all. I pin just 100-150mg TB500 bc the flushing is wildly uncomfortable and about 250-400mg BPC, together in the same slinpin and I do it 2x before upper body training (especially pulls) and 2x the day after and then once every other day or so. I pin it right where it hurts into the muscle. Which is in various areas at the tie-in to the joint at the top of my forearm. If it doesn’t hurt at all, I just do 2x a week but I haven’t gone a whole week without pain in it. It’s just significantly better than 6 weeks ago.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The best part of living in the valley cheap housing. Lots of work.
There’s loads of great things here. I think that’s why it’s one of the most moved-to areas in the US. Buckeye and Gilbert being some of the fastest growing cities right now.
But after this summer and the 16 prior to it, I’m moving to damn Oregon as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I can’t do the weather anymore

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There’s loads of great things here. I think that’s why it’s one of the most moved-to areas in the US. Buckeye and Gilbert being some of the fastest growing cities right now.
But after this summer and the 16 prior to it, I’m moving to damn Oregon as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I can’t do the weather anymore

I've been trying to talk the wife into moving to that area for years because the weather sounds superb to me

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good to see you still crushing in matthersby. Even have your show lined out it seems (still catching g up)...you might have sold me on the bpc/tb500.....so much to pay attention to