Martin's #500x17

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be interested to see Chris Duffin do 500xAMRAP, seeing as he just squated 505x20.

You ever do any freakish AMRAP sets Paul?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha ha, funnny you asked
I used to be pro Dr Ken ****. 20 reppers for a lot of my W/O's years ago. I used to love those head bangers, but I was into masochism ;-)
Did not get a great carryover to heavier singles, but I did not do singles much back then, like I do them now.
I am kinda itching to try to get #500x10+ in the BLDL's however.

Didn't Benni do #585x20 or some ****???
And I wanna say Marunde did SLDL's #630 x10 or something!?
I think Grant Higa (Higa Monster) is up there too #500x20 maybe!?
Platz did #500x20 squats if I am not mistaken. Kaz looked on

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly Sean, I kinda got a little addicted to thinking you really had to beat yourself to a pulp like Ken used to write about. If anything, it did teach me some good work ethic and getting comfortable with getting uncomfortable.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Puke session right there. I like how the guys had to come and start straightening up the weights. Strong ass pulling!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Higa and P Diesel do those 500+ for reps challenges every year in March. Higa doesn't get the publicity he deserves, that dude is a beast. I saw Seath hit 500 for 15 tweaking his hammy on rep 6. That was ungodly. I saw a video of Marunde doing like 455x20 on squats after some heavier sets. It's a crying shame he's no longer with us, that guy was a great strongman. Apparently hitting a heavy 20 rep set after the top sets was a big thing back in the day. That'll mass you up nice and quick.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently hitting a heavy 20 rep set after the top sets was a big thing back in the day. That'll mass you up nice and quick.
Right. A new meaning to cool down sets...!
I think too, after you hit a nice PR, going to the wall with some high reps, is a little easier, since you are running with that high form the top singles. That is when I hit my #500x8, after I hit #605 for the singles, the #500 felt purtty light.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right. A new meaning to cool down sets...!
I think too, after you hit a nice PR, going to the wall with some high reps, is a little easier, since you are running with that high form the top singles. That is when I hit my #500x8, after I hit #605 for the singles, the #500 felt purtty light.
I do like getting on some over sets before my work sets, for the PAP. The weight just feels lighter that way.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Allen Baria did 405x25 on the bench, which was pretty cool, followed by 500x10.

I mean, we could also just say Eric Spoto but I think we're all familiar with his performance.

Not at all to take away from Eric but Allen is a full powerlifter (or has competed as one) so that adds to the coolness of his strong bench.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6buEbEvQo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Delta Force General Chat 5