Man I miss the old price plow

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s become a brittle shell of its former self. I know it’s been happening for a while but dang, I just read one of their “blogs.” Wow are they just spewing absolute advertising bs and clearly getting paid for it. I feel like it started a year or two ago. Definitely when Robert and that dude with the Mohawk (can’t remember his name) left. Those guys seemed cool.

Anyways, I used to enjoy that site and felt like they could be trusted. Definitely not now. Whomever still works for price plow I hope you read this and realize we all know you sold out. I guess in the end money wins, I suppose if I was in their shoes I’d probably do the same, but dang. RIP priceplow.

Thanks for letting me vent lol.

ECUKingbuddy

ECUKingbuddy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yea its gotten progressively worse, but I get it. I imagine it can't be a lucrative business and purchasing supps to review is beyond expensive. Cant blame them for doing "Sponsored" reviews and pushing certain products when they get paid for it.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea its gotten progressively worse, but I get it. I imagine it can't be a lucrative business and purchasing supps to review is beyond expensive. Cant blame them for doing "Sponsored" reviews and pushing certain products when they get paid for it.
For sure. But I still think back in the day plenty of companies were sending them free products solely to get a review out of them. And they definitely made revenue off of clicks through their site to the related products (not to mention the ads they run in their site). But wow did I love when they’d get something to review and basically just straight up say “don’t buy this.”

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s become a brittle shell of its former self. I know it’s been happening for a while but dang, I just read one of their “blogs.” Wow are they just spewing absolute advertising bs and clearly getting paid for it. I feel like it started a year or two ago. Definitely when Robert and that dude with the Mohawk (can’t remember his name) left. Those guys seemed cool.

Anyways, I used to enjoy that site and felt like they could be trusted. Definitely not now. Whomever still works for price plow I hope you read this and realize we all know you sold out. I guess in the end money wins, I suppose if I was in their shoes I’d probably do the same, but dang. RIP priceplow.

Thanks for letting me vent lol.
lol all good i think most of us feel the same .. yeah i dont like the new crew & what they are being pushed too do

but its a business, they have families to feed too, so cant blame .. same with FI informat .. something about him just rubs me the wrong way

on another note .. robert who left PP, he was always my fav .. he owns apollon nutrition ( overdoses all the good stuff lol )

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For sure. But I still think back in the day plenty of companies were sending them free products solely to get a review out of them. And they definitely made revenue off of clicks through their site to the related products (not to mention the ads they run in their site). But wow did I love when they’d get something to review and basically just straight up say “don’t buy this.”
i cant go that back .. but i dont think it was at anytime free to review .. they were just honest imo

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Only show up for any of their individual ingredient write ups. I couldn't give a **** about any new pres or aminos.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can’t even remember the last time I went into there website. All the great things always change so they can make more money. Can’t really be mad either

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can’t even remember the last time I went into there website. All the great things always change so they can make more money. Can’t really be mad either
yup, times change..it's pointless to call someone a sellout when that is Standard Operating Procedure.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes! And, I miss the old supplementreviews. It's terrible for all the companies who invested a lot of time, money and energy getting real reviews just to have them wiped off the site. I also can't fathom why the new owners just destroyed that site and it's forum.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yes! And, I miss the old supplementreviews. It's terrible for all the companies who invested a lot of time, money and energy getting real reviews just to have them wiped off the site. I also can't fathom why the new owners just destroyed that site and it's forum.
supplement reviews was a site i used

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Their Hot Deals emails still get me some good deals.

That was crazy how supplementreviews.com just disappeared. That site seemed like it had a lot of traffic.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I don’t get it either. Priceplow got me into hardcore pre’s and exotic stims. Now they go raving about the most generic products.

I think the worst (clearest) example of this is their Alphamine review when the formula was changed. First review tore it apart. That has been deleted with a BS one calling the new Alphamine an athlete’s drink and how great the flavors are

bignastyisbac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The issue lies with Ben. He's monetized everything better imo. They are getting paid from quite a few companies. But he's also been accused of buying followers and he's a **** bag to his followers. Talks to them like dick bags.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I don’t get it either. Priceplow got me into hardcore pre’s and exotic stims. Now they go raving about the most generic products.

I think the worst (clearest) example of this is their Alphamine review when the formula was changed. First review tore it apart. That has been deleted with a BS one calling the new Alphamine an athlete’s drink and how great the flavors are
i've been around long enough to remember when taste was secondary to effects/results, and it wasn't even a close second.

give me them ''feels'......

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I guess Supplement Review site got the Covid virus :( way before we did.:D

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i've been around long enough to remember when taste was secondary to effects/results, and it wasn't even a close second.

Me too @thebigt Don’t get me wrong I love that flavoring systems have improved light years but it used to be about the effects!!! Not the taste!

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Me too @thebigt Don’t get me wrong I love that flavoring systems have improved light years but it used to be about the effects!!! Not the taste!

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

late 90’s and early 2000’s things tasted horrible - I’m so happy flavoring has come such a long way but flavor should not be the selling point of a product

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The good old days, when a man could choke down chalk and a hair would instantly pop out of his chest. I remember when Designer Protein was a leap forward in taste.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
late 90’s and early 2000’s things tasted horrible - I’m so happy flavoring has come such a long way but flavor should not be the selling point of a product
i would gladly take the crappy taste in exchange for the products that were legal back then.... :p

i agree flavoring is much better, but that is all a lot of the newer products have going for them compared to then, imo.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i would gladly take the crappy taste in exchange for the products that were legal back then.... :p

i agree flavoring is much better, but that is all a lot of the newer products have going for them compared to then, imo.
I put on 25lbs on some pills I bought at the mall at 17. Wish I knew what the fuk those where lol

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I was pretty active on there and I remember the rumor being that the new owner basically wanted to rework the site to promote his own line, which wasn’t that good. They also complained a lot about Google algorithms and stuff but I don’t think most of us bought that. RIP SR.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wrote the following articles, some of which are no longer on the site:

I wrote the article on the 5:2 diet, a study on MCT oil and keto flu, and the first write up for the original C4 carbonated and OL ASSASS1NATE. The last thing I wrote was a piece on Revive MD's Inflammation RX.

I wrote them to about 95% and then they were edited a little and Mike Roberto was put as the author. I really liked writing the articles on research papers that had been published on single ingredients. I was paid but in retrospect, I wish I had insisted on my name being used as the author, or at least co-author. I have OG copies of all these pieces prior to the final edits if people don't believe me, not sure why you would not as I am not claiming to have ghostwritten the Gutenberg Bible or anything of great acclaim lol.

I cannot speak about the current owner but everyone I interacted with was really cool and I was never asked to spin a report. At one point I had the choice of a few supplements to write about and I told him, Mike, that I would prefer not to write about a particular multi as I had nothing good to say about it. I have been gone about a year due to my health taking a hit last year and I do really miss writing about the research and such.

If anyone thinks they are interested in starting a site like the old PP please get in touch as I would love to write again!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to be clear I was actually asked to write with NO opinion at all and to stick to facts and data when describing products. I have a very high opinion of Mike based on my interactions with him.

I have NO opinion or insight of anything that has taken place in the last year or so as I have not been involved.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wrote the following articles, some of which are no longer on the site:

I wrote the article on the 5:2 diet, a study on MCT oil and keto flu, and the first write up for the original C4 carbonated and OL ASSASS1NATE. The last thing I wrote was a piece on Revive MD's Inflammation RX.

I wrote them to about 95% and then they were edited a little and Mike Roberto was put as the author. I really liked writing the articles on research papers that had been published on single ingredients. I was paid but in retrospect, I wish I had insisted on my name being used as the author, or at least co-author. I have OG copies of all these pieces prior to the final edits if people don't believe me, not sure why you would not as I am not claiming to have ghostwritten the Gutenberg Bible or anything of great acclaim lol.

I cannot speak about the current owner but everyone I interacted with was really cool and I was never asked to spin a report. At one point I had the choice of a few supplements to write about and I told him, Mike, that I would prefer not to write about a particular multi as I had nothing good to say about it. I have been gone about a year due to my health taking a hit last year and I do really miss writing about the research and such.

If anyone thinks they are interested in starting a site like the old PP please get in touch as I would love to write again!
Can you pm me your info? May be interested in your services from time to time for really good write ups like you've done.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like Mike he is a good guy but I'm pretty sure everyone knows these are now mostly pay advertorials and don't think Mike hides that fact. Regardless I think hes a good dude. We bumped into each othet a year ago at the big Nutrabio bash and he offered to interview me on cam and his YouTube and was an unplanned 35 min thing and plugged my brand and didn't cost me a dime. Hes a fun dude especially with his keto trials.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i cant go that back .. but i dont think it was at anytime free to review .. they were just honest imo
During my time writing/managing the blog at PP (March 2015-March 2018), I never charged for reviews. If a company was kind enough to send us products, we reviewed them for free. We did charge for promotional blog posts, ad banners, etc. but not product reviews.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol all good i think most of us feel the same .. yeah i dont like the new crew & what they are being pushed too do

but its a business, they have families to feed too, so cant blame .. same with FI informat .. something about him just rubs me the wrong way

on another note .. robert who left PP, he was always my fav .. he owns apollon nutrition ( overdoses all the good stuff lol )
Thank you for the kind words and support!

Though, I don't own Apollon Nutrition. Robert Samborsky owns it. He's a very good friend, and I do consult for them and several other companies in the industry on formulas and content. Several cool things in the works from Apollon in the coming months.

In addition to that, I run the Supplement Engineer Podcast & YouTube channel for anyone interested.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Though, I don't own Apollon Nutrition. Robert Samborsky owns it. He's a very good friend, and I do consult for them and several other companies in the industry on formulas and content. Several cool things in the works from Apollon in the coming months.

In addition to that, I run the Supplement Engineer Podcast & YouTube channel for anyone interested.
Sweet! Really glad to hear that. I’ll definitely be checking those out.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

sorry got the robert;s mixed up .. and yup i watch/listen to the podcast usually on my drives ..last one i seen was the kagedM glutamine .. keep up the great work.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sorry got the robert;s mixed up .. and yup i watch/listen to the podcast usually on my drives ..last one i seen was the kagedM glutamine .. keep up the great work.
All good, man.

our names are very similar.

thanks for supporting the show, and that KM glutamine....good grief...

bignastyisbac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I will say over the past couple of months PP has improved. Ben seems to have changed his attitude. It's been a lot less shilly.

Robert should just never show his dopey face on instagram. He's always pimping out products (often crappy ones too) as opposed to actually informing people about ingredients and products. Just leave it to Ben and Heather. That turd needs to go away.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I will say over the past couple of months PP has improved. Ben seems to have changed his attitude. It's been a lot less shilly.

Robert should just never show his dopey face on instagram. He's always pimping out products (often crappy ones too) as opposed to actually informing people about ingredients and products. Just leave it to Ben and Heather. That turd needs to go away.
you mean Mike?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha Robert was about to go ham lol

And yes I agree