Making solid gains, now working Irma to restoration need adcice,

Cb777

Awards
I am IBEW. Build high voltage powerlines. 4 days ago my crew and I were s nt 1600 miles to begin rebuilding.
How do I keep from going solid to flat. Will be working 7 days a week 16 hours a day for the next 3 weeks. Food and sleep will be ****.
Q: currently running OL Testify and Triumph along with staples. Multi, whey, etc. Should I continue or suspend my supps?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
A break in training won't do much, and may actually help:

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/02/chronic-resistance-training-reduces.html

Do Body-weight stuff - 50 full depth squat jumps will smoke your bags. Pulls, Chins, Pushups, Burpees, HIIT Etc...

Eat at maintenance or slightly below if worried about fat gain. Protein needs are vastly over-exaggerated, especially to maintain. 1.6-1.8g/kg or 1g per pound of LBM (not total BW) should be plenty. Meat, eggs, milk (even that shelf stable crap) are fine.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Agreed with the above. I would take a break from the supps and just do BW exercises for the three weeks since you will be working so much.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes life happens and you lose some gains.... Stressing about it will only make it worse. Try and bring as much food with you as you can to snack on the go. Anything you lose you will get back once you have time to significantly rest and eat and train like you want. I wouldn't worry about it, do what you got to do and help some people out and feel good about yourself for what your doing in getting peoples lives back to normal. That's more important than any physical appearance.

Also in 3 weeks I don't think you'll lose as much as you think if the muscle has matured at all.