Unanswered Making food from thin air?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry nope, cause where are they getting the nitrogen’s for the amino acids in the protein if it’s co2 water and electricity?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry nope, cause where are they getting the nitrogen’s for the amino acids in the protein if it’s co2 water and electricity?
it does say they add "nutrients and vitamins" as pat of the process... I assume they're getting them there

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it does say they add "nutrients and vitamins" as pat of the process... I assume they're getting them there
Wait, wasn't this about "food from thin air"?

Now they are adding nutrients to thin air to do this? haha.

But if it really is made from "air", there is nitrogen in the air we breath, it is almost 80% nitrogen.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wait, wasn't this about "food from thin air"?

Now they are adding nutrients to thin air to do this? haha.

But if it really is made from "air", there is nitrogen in the air we breath, it is almost 80% nitrogen.
Forgot about the nitrogen hehe I gradumacated

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Forgot about the nitrogen hehe I gradumacated
Honestly, I was impressed you actually understood that only protein contains nitrogen and that is what makes it impossible for us to make it from carbs/fat.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly, I was impressed you actually understood that only protein contains nitrogen and that is what makes it impossible for us to make it from carbs/fat.
Yup that’s why you sadly can’t convert fat to muscle and muscle to fat, though you can lose muscle and gain fat which feels the same.

Crazy how Carbon and oxygen plus hydrogen in different forms makes something totally different, but without nitrogen, you can’t have anything because without nitrogen you have no DNA etc.