Making a case for adding Anavar to first “test only cycle”

Lacosanostra

Awards
Hi all,

I’m 32, 11-12% BF, 6’, and around 195 lbs.

I just started my first test enanthate cycle @ 500 mg per week (250 mg Mon/Thur). It will be a 12 week cycle. I am also taking aromasin E3.5D as per your recommendations. Tomorrow represents the end of week one.

It seems like everyone online preaches “test only” for first cycle as it’s all that often needed, it will help identify what’s causing sides, etc. I get it.

My goals, broadly speaking, are to gain about 10 lbs of LBM with minimal fat and water gain (obviously). More specifically, I want to add volume while losing the last bit of fat around my love handles and develop better vascularity on my bicep, at least. I should also add I am an athlete so would hate for my added size to impact my speed, agility, and stamina.

I plan on doing monthly blood work. I’ve flirted with the idea of adding 40-50 mg of Anavar ED for 6 weeks starting week 9 to polish my results. This leads me to my question, is 8 weeks enough to see what sides have come about from the test, thus knowing what Anavar causes weeks 9-14? At the end of the day, if by week 12 my liver and lipids have tanked or if I start breaking out, couldn’t we chalk it up the Var? Is this faulty logic?

I really want to make the most of this first cycle and keep as much as possible. I also only plan (for now) to cycle annually on the advice of a veteran gear user. What do you guys think? Make sense given my goals and my rationale?

Thanks in advance!

Newth

Awards
Depends on your goals, I would use it week 4-9 for lean bulk or week 9-14 for hardening and healing.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Healing?? Lol what is anavar gonna heal.

If everything is going fine later in your cycle I don't see any problems with running a oral at the end. Just stop pinning 2-3 weeks before stopping the oral. It's a good way to keep the gains rolling

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If its you're first cycle test @ 500 should be plenty. Then check your bloods and you will have a baseline for how your body reacts to it. I would recommend adding var your next cycle, check bloods again and compare the 2 to see how the var treats you.

Again, 1st cycle, you should get fantastic results with test alone. You are getting 5-10x the hormone levels your body is used to. It will react well. My .02

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ment to say stop pinning 2-3 weeks before pct and finish with the oral

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don’t see anything wrong with it as you will already know what to expect from the test by that point. And like Smont mentioned you should make sure your on the Anavar during the test washout period before starting pct.

Newth

Awards
Healing?? Lol what is anavar gonna heal.

If everything is going fine later in your cycle I don't see any problems with running a oral at the end. Just stop pinning 2-3 weeks before stopping the oral. It's a good way to keep the gains rolling
One of its uses was to speed up healing after surgery.
Any damage not fixed by the end of the test cycle will increase the chance of post-cycle injury.
Hardening at the end of a cycle with traditional choices usually drys out joints increasing the chance of post-cycle injury.

He said he was an athlete, that makes injury prevention pretty important.