Magnesium absorption?

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone found a absorbable magnesium, I try to take 400mg of elemental magnesium glycinate and I get gi distress every time. I take it with food either during eating or after eating and it doesn’t make a difference.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also get mild gi distress from magnesium glycinate and ZMA. But no issue with magnesium citrate. You can give it a try. And maybe split your doses.

Last edited:

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
Sucrosomial Magnesium sold as MicroMag from NootropicsDepot has been working well for me. No GI distress and a relaxed calm feeling shortly after dosing.

Last edited:

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Magnesium Citrate has given me the least stomach upset from other types I've tried, literally non at all. For what it's worth I use NOW Foods Magnesium Citrate 200mg tablets.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Magnesium chelated has been a winner for me up to 600 a day one dose at night sleep like a baby and no gi distress.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My best results have been from Magnesium glycinate. From everything that I've read, it is one of the most bioavailable and absorbable forms of magnesium, and the least likely to cause diarrhea. Other, cheaper forms, ate used in some laxatives.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My best results have been from Magnesium glycinate. From everything that I've read, it is one of the most bioavailable and absorbable forms of magnesium, and the least likely to cause diarrhea. Other, cheaper forms, ate used in some laxatives.
This is the reason I tried Magnesium Bisglycinate but anything above 150mg magnesium element on an empty stomach and I have mild GI issues. On the other hand I’m okay with 400mg of magnesium from magnesium citrate. But everybody is different.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is the reason I tried Magnesium Bisglycinate but anything above 150mg magnesium element on an empty stomach and I have mild GI issues. On the other hand I’m okay with 400mg of magnesium from magnesium citrate. But everybody is different.
Boy, I'll say.

For instance, my experience with GABA - if I take over 500mg, I can barely breath; yet many products contains 3 gr. And Yohimbine? I over-react to that stuff like you can't believe.

So, you nailed it, we can all react much differently to different supps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 17
Supplements 17
Supplements 34
Supplements 9
Whacked Supplements 6