Macro resources?

F

ForumFlamer

Awards
Does anyone have any links for good calcatora for working out my macros? Also any free meal planner that are good?

I'm utterly hopeless with my meal planning

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any links for good calcatora for working out my macros? Also any free meal planner that are good?

I'm utterly hopeless with my meal planning
I would start first by determining your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). You can google TDEE calc and use one of the ones you find on there. Use the TDEE as a rough estimate, and from there determine if you are planning to lose or gain weight. Then take your TDEE number and add or subtract 200-300 depending on your goals.

When it comes to macros, everyone has a different opinion. A good starting point is 1g/pound of lean body mass, 20-25% of total calories from fat, and the rest from carbs.

How long have you been training? And what are your goals?

F

ForumFlamer

Awards
I've calculated my macros and BMR and TDEE. I've got a rough plan written it just takes me forever when ever I reassess.

Been training properly for only a few weeks
And on and off for at least a month until now.

My main goal is to lose body fat and increase lean muscle mass.
Been difficult with low T but I'm on TRT now so hopefully it will help.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you're new to training you will probably be able to lose some body fat while gaining muscle, but realize that doing both at the same time is difficult. It would be best to choose one goal (fat loss or muscle gain) and stay consistent with your eating for that goal. If you're new to training, I would keep tracking your macros and eat at maintenance calories for 1-2 months to see how your body responds. The key is consistency, in diet and training. Commit to a specific calorie intake, track your foods, and reassess in a few months.

F

ForumFlamer

Awards
I've trained previously. Just useless at n macros