Ma huang Alkaloids vs Bronkaid

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does Bronkaid really contain the alkaloids we all loved so much that got us shredded? I did some research and I came across quite a few people claiming that they just don't find it as mentally stimulating, or to have the same thermogenic qualities.

I have enjoyed the past 2-3 days using Bronkaid for the increased energy, but it certainly does not seem to be in the same playing field as Ma huang Alkaloids from the past. Yes..I do stack it with plenty of caffeine from my other stim products...as well as a baby aspirin.

Any similar experiences or opinions from those who have tried both?

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried Bronkaid but I have used Ephedra from multiple sources. If your talking about the actual extract from Ma Huang compared to isolated Ephedra, the Ephedra will seem very lacking. Its missing the other alkaloids from the plant that go with it.

Prime example would be Kratom. Kratom extracts feel "hollow" compared to the actual leaf.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't tried Bronkaid but I have used Ephedra from multiple sources. If your talking about the actual extract from Ma Huang compared to isolated Ephedra, the Ephedra will seem very lacking. Its missing the other alkaloids from the plant that go with it.

Prime example would be Kratom. Kratom extracts feel "hollow" compared to the actual leaf.
Thanks...yeah,...it feels quite lacking. It's aight, but I was expecting the old school feels...
I knew it was too good to be true..

It doesn't make me sweat at all. If it does not actually have the same, or at least a respectably close level of thermogenic attributes....I am not sure it is worth taking. Just kind of feels like Sudafed...the kind you also have to show your license to obtain.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah yes, ye olé Ephreda Alkaloids were magnificent. Miss the old Twin Lab Ripped Fuel that came out in the 90's. Felt awesome on that stuff.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ah yes, ye olé Ephreda Alkaloids were magnificent. Miss the old Twin Lab Ripped Fuel that came out in the 90's. Felt awesome on that stuff.
Yipper
AST Dymetadrine Xtreme was the only one I got a chance to use. It was 2004 which I believe is the year that Ma huang got banned.
Happens to me all the time, as soon as I buy something and like it...the product gets banned.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could you just stack Bronkaid with the Ma huang extracts that are out there? The extracts are supposedly missing the actual actives(seeing as its illegal) but maybe there would be a synergy between the two.

evanss1

Awards
To each his own... What's your reason for using these anyway? Fat loss... Energy?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'd choose Ephedrine HCl over either, personally. It is great as a stim, appetite suppressant, and thermogenic.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got better results from the old ma huang circa 1998. I also have about 20 years of age and a much slower metabolism so my results with everything suck compared to back then so hard to tell. Also I was a heavy stim virgin, now..........not so much.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Could you just stack Bronkaid with the Ma huang extracts that are out there? The extracts are supposedly missing the actual actives(seeing as its illegal) but maybe there would be a synergy between the two.
this is interesting...

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
I would give the nod towards "pharmaceutical" ephedrine via Bronkaid or Primatene in this situation, just my 2 cents.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd choose Ephedrine HCl over either, personally. It is great as a stim, appetite suppressant, and thermogenic.
Great...they had both where I bought it. Before I decided to buy it...I could have sworn I was reading that people preferred Bronkaid to Primatene. Now it seems that everyone is suggesting the opposite.

Such is my life..

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have no access to either in Australia ?

I do have 50g sealed original herb tho. One of the shops had some seal packs when it got banned and sold me a few locally. It's 10 years old tho, no idea if usable, he told me to take a pinch and chew it ?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Nope - the fake Ephedra being hucked to unsuspecting high-schooler's is from Ephedra Nevadensis (Mormon Tea). It does nothing Beta-Agonist/CNS related, and adding Primatene (E-HCL) or Bronkaid (E-Sulfate), will do nothing but empty your wallet faster.

The reason the Ephedra Sinica (Ma Huang) worked "better" (and IMO, it's from a stimulatory standpoint only, not Lipolysis, as most of the Ephedrine studies used Rx E-HCL IIRC) is because there were a lot of other Methamphetamine analogs in the other alkaloids. These also are not in Ephedra Nevadensis. See:

Ephedra (Ephedra sinica) | Plant Profiler | Sigma-Aldrich

Bioactive products found in Ephedra Sinica

Mechanism of Action
Pharmacology:

Constituents: Ephedra contains the alkaloids ephedrine, pseudoephedrine (isoephedrine), norpseudoephedrine (cathine), norephedrine, methylephedrine, methylpseudoephedrine, tannins, and other constituents, including quinoline and 6-hydroxykynurenic acid. The stem contains approximately 0.5-2.5% alkaloids, with ephedrine accounting for 30- 90% of the total alkaloid content. The variation in content depends upon the species harvested and the part of the plant used. For example, the woody stems are low in alkaloids and the fruits and roots have practically none, while the softer stems contain up to 2.5% active alkaloids. Ephedra sinica generally contains substantially greater concentrations of alkaloids than Ephedra Intermedia. The North American species, Ephedra Nevadensis (Mormon Tea, Mexican Tea, Squaw Tea, or Desert Tea), is apparently devoid of alkaloids altogether. Different extraction methods also yield different quantities of active compounds. In Ephedra sinica, pseudoephedrine is typically found as dextro-rotatory (D-pseudoephedrine) and ephedrine is typically levo-rotatory (L-ephedrine), while synthetically manufactured ephedrine is usually a racemic mixture.

Alkaloids: Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are found in the leaves and stems of ephedra and are structurally related to amphetamines. They increase the availability and action of the endogenous neurotransmitters norepinephrine and epinephrine and stimulate catecholamine receptors in the brain, heart, and blood vessels both directly and indirectly. Both ephedrine and pseudoephedrine elicit central nervous system stimulation, bronchodilation, hypertension, and chronotropic/inotropic effects. The synthetic form of pseudoephedrine is widely used in non-prescription decongestants. Pseudoephedrine is a more potent diuretic than ephedrine. Ephedrine stimulates thermogenesis in adipocytes in vitro and in animal studies, an effect that appears to be enhanced by chronic administration. In mice, rats, and monkeys, ephedrine has been associated with significant weight loss, possibly by enhancing thermogenesis or anorexia. These effects have been enhanced by combining ephedrine with aspirin and/or methylxanthines (caffeine or theophylline). Jonderko et al. reported that ephedrine inhibits gastric emptying, which may result in a feeling of satiety and thereby aid in weight loss.

Pharmacodynamics/Kinetics:

The ephedra plant has been identified as an excellent source of ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, both of which can be chemically reduced to form the widely abused illicit drug methamphetamine. Ephedra contains several additional alkaloids that undergo analogous reductions to form amphetamine and N,N-dimethylamphetamine (also drugs of abuse).

Everything in it:

Ephedra sinica - Phytochemicals by Plant (Food/Spice/Herb) | Sigma-Aldrich

I F'n LOVE Sigma-Aldrich! :D

evanss1

Awards
I'm gonna throw a curveball here and ask if this is in fact for fat loss why has nobody mentioned clenbuterol? Much easier to get and much more effective imho

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^because of the topic title wanting a comparison of the above options?

For fat loss it is more effective, certainly. Not as good as a stimulant or useable long term though.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you actually legally buy Ma Huang anywhere in the world?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you know where to look it is out there in bulk form. As to what percent it is alkaloids is anyone's guess. You would have to trial and error it.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Find a supplier in china. They will make you just about anything. Then do what USP did, and ask them to label it as something else, like "green tea extract."

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Find a supplier in china. They will make you just about anything. Then do what USP did, and ask them to label it as something else, like "green tea extract."
USP? Isn't that a postal service ?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you know where to look it is out there in bulk form. As to what percent it is alkaloids is anyone's guess. You would have to trial and error it.
Shoot me a PM?(Inbox is full) Thank you.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm gonna throw a curveball here and ask if this is in fact for fat loss why has nobody mentioned clenbuterol? Much easier to get and much more effective imho
Because I like my Heart Tissue (please no debate, just being sarcastic, I know it's not 100% proven) :D

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I was getting nothing from Bronkaid so I just tried Primatene. Nothing. Taking 2 caps at once (with 200-300mg caffeine), and still nothing.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was getting nothing from Bronkaid so I just tried Primatene. Nothing. Taking 2 caps at once (with 200-300mg caffeine), and still nothing.
the difference between prim and brok is negligible for me... ehcl however is very noticeable.

drswsdc

drswsdc

Awards
Have been on Primatene and caffeine for quite a while now and don't feel jack (tolerance) but just ordered some actual Ma Huang herb powder and can't wait to try it! I will report back within a week or so whenever it gets here!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Because I like my Heart Tissue (please no debate, just being sarcastic, I know it's not 100% proven) :D
nothing is 100% proven...except for death and taxes!!!:poke:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have been on Primatene and caffeine for quite a while now and don't feel jack (tolerance) but just ordered some actual Ma Huang herb powder and can't wait to try it! I will report back within a week or so whenever it gets here!
I felt a noticeable boost the first day I added in my Bronkaid. The mental boost and energy have already diminished significantly, but I do feel like my body is running hotter than without it. This has not resulted in a notable increase in sweat during cardio which is a bit strange.

I used to sweat buckets when I took OG Dymetedrine Xtreme, and the mental/physical boost was consistent throughout my run..

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I felt a noticeable boost the first day I added in my Bronkaid. The mental boost and energy have already diminished significantly, but I do feel like my body is running hotter than without it. This has not resulted in a notable increase in sweat during cardio which is a bit strange.

I used to sweat buckets when I took OG Dymetedrine Xtreme, and the mental/physical boost was consistent throughout my run..
So take your PWO and bronkaid?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is, but it's not solo. The guaifenesin also has some impact on it
Yeah..I would much prefer it solo. I hate guaifenisen! I think it is partially responsible for the lackluster affects of Primatene/Bronkaid.

Whenever I take Mucinex brand guafenisen for a cold, I get foggy in the head, dry mouth and low energy levels.

So are you saying that Ephedrine HCL can be found solo?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah..I would much prefer it solo. I hate guaifenisen! I think it is partially responsible for the lackluster affects of Primatene/Bronkaid.

Whenever I take Mucinex brand guafenisen for a cold, I get foggy in the head, dry mouth and low energy levels.

So are you saying that Ephedrine HCL can be found solo?
Not in the US, but yes. Canada sells it

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice to know...thanks!

Why the hell are we all taking this crap with guaifenisen then!!??
Because technically it's illegal to import it haha.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a fan of the g either, but you get what you get.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That was my first thought..

Yet another example of how the FDA has made things unnecessarily difficult..
in their defense, you can make meth with it... so theres a reason to make it illegal or at least severely limit it.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
in their defense, you can make meth with it... so theres a reason to make it illegal or at least severely limit it.
I believe pseudoephedrine is what they make methamphetamine out of using cold medicines, but I'm sure it's possible with Bronk and Prima through synthesizing.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I won't throw down the "Making Meth Guide" but you can make it from any of the above.

It should be OTC with a purchase quantity limit IMO, but the FDA ruined that party.

Can always move here

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you take the bronkaid and it gives you that instant energy pump?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So you take the bronkaid and it gives you that instant energy pump?
Only when combined with 200-250mg caffeine, but yes it sure does

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You can make alcohol out of Apples... let's not go down that route