Lunch ideas for on the go.

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey y’all!

So just want help generating some ideas for a lean bulk lunch plan. I am an electrician and rarely sit down to eat so it’s hard to get in a solid lunch. Breakfast, snack, lunch ( hardest meal ) lunch, pre lift meal, post lift meal and then shake before bed.

I’ve been doing tuna packets and a carb with a handful of almonds but that gets old real fast haha so anyone have any ideas for some calorie packed lunches for a lifter with a hectic schedule at work?

Thanks!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey y’all!

So just want help generating some ideas for a lean bulk lunch plan. I am an electrician and rarely sit down to eat so it’s hard to get in a solid lunch. Breakfast, snack, lunch ( hardest meal ) lunch, pre lift meal, post lift meal and then shake before bed.

I’ve been doing tuna packets and a carb with a handful of almonds but that gets old real fast haha so anyone have any ideas for some calorie packed lunches for a lifter with a hectic schedule at work?

Thanks!
My job is similar to yours. Protein shakes obviously but I just got used to eating my meals cold for the most part. Grilled bufflo chicken wraps are one of my favorite on the go meals.

Recently I bought a cheap small microwave that I keep in my truck and can use on new construction jobs and house flips which makes any meal work. They also sell ones that plug into your car lighter spot. I've seen them at wall Mart.

For snacks I like to do yogurt fruit and nuts.

Another option is to eat a big meal before work, have 1-2 snacks to get through the work day, hit the gym and have a shake then finish with a big dinner. That's current game plan.

btothefman

Awards
Half a can of beans (drained in hot water), half a kale/salad mix, crushed almonds and and pumpkin kernels, some MCT oil and sesami dressing.

High protein bread, sardines, and a few boiled eggs.

A couple there to get you going.

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Half a can of beans (drained in hot water), half a kale/salad mix, crushed almonds and and pumpkin kernels, some MCT oil and sesami dressing.

High protein bread, sardines, and a few boiled eggs.

A couple there to get you going.
That actually sounds wicked good haha

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That is a great idea I may pick one up! would make food options a little easier but buffalo chix wraps are delicious so that is a good option. I usually bring at least one shake with me.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pre packaged hard boiled eggs are great. Or you can just pack some ina ziplock. Another one I do is Tyson grilled frozen chicken strips. 3lbs for ten or so bucks at sams club. I put them in ziplocks frozen, by the time lunch hits they are thawed out and taste good. Throw them on a wrap or just eat them out of the bag. Add something to the side to hit other macros... just be aware the sodium is a little high.

exrugger

Awards
Protein shake- try getting a few flavors
Almonds and other healthy nuts
Protein bar
Jerky (watch the sodium though)
Hardboiled eggs

Unfortunately if your on the go and not planning in advance there aren't alot of great options. I usually go protein shake, almonds or cashews, protein bar for the work day (usually breakfast is eggs and/or lean beef). Once I get home in the afternoon I eat more 'real food' broccoli or green beans, organic lightly breaded chicken chunks (actually not bad macros and convenient), ground turkey or beef, asparagus etc you get the picture. Then another protein shake PWO (usually do 1 scoop prior and 2 scoops post that I drag out and treat like a desert- love adding pb fit to choc pb cup tastes like a reese's shake).

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
500g of skyr/greek yoghurt, 100g frozen fruit, couple grams of sucralose if you feel like it. Put it in a container, shake it and the thawing fruit will keep it cold in your bag/car until you eat it.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to make my own chicken salad. Well I like when my wife makes it. But you can make some of that any way you want. I like bacon in mine, salt, pepper, etc. It lasts 4 days and is high protein. Tastes good when you get it how you want.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For my lunches ill usually make a sandwich on ezekiel bread with 4-5oz boars head chicken and 1oz whatever cheese is on sale at the deli that week. Then ill take a cup of triple zero oikos yogurt and 2oz of various nuts from almonds to peanuts to sunflower seeds to the Planters Pistachio mix. Since you work a physical job itd be pretty damn easy to take some fruit and eat that with it too for more carbs and calories.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cook my food before and prior to work I put my chicken or lean beef in aluminum foil and put it in the oven on lower temperature.

I take my precooked rice and put it in a bowl w or tupperware and hear it up in microwave. I bring it to work.

I bring a protein shake or apple in my lunchbox . napkins, spoon.