Lower back hurts from benching

LeeRoi

Awards
So ever since I started working out I had lower back pain, I thought it was due to my bed which was really old and had no support.

Well about 3 weeks ago I got a new bed and I stopped working out at the same time due to being real busy and I also got really sick. Well my back pain was gone.

Well yesterday I started back up again and it was chest/tri's day. When I was going to sleep I noticed my lower back was hurting again, it's not like really painful, but when I arch forward it does bother me a bit. It's not like a sore type of pain either...Could my form be wrong? I do arch my back a bit when I bench, cus that's what I've been told to do..suggestions?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It sounds like you just have a very weak core. Look into hypers, reverse hypers, woodchoppers, trunk rotations, and halos.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was making sure it wasn't from hamstring inflexibility.

LeeRoi

Awards
yea. do u suggest me stop benching altogether? I really don't want to..

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
TRY PUTTING YOUR FEET UP WHEN YOU BENCH SO YOU CANT PUSH OFF WITH YOUR LOWER BACK OR ARCH YOUR BACK WHILE BENCHING. CROSS YOUR FEET AND BRING EM AT 90 DEGREES OFF THE GROUND. THIS IS GOING TO TAKE YOUR LOWER BACK OUT OF IT WHEN YOU DO THE EXERCISE. GO DOWN WEIGHT THO. YOU WONT BE ABLE TO DO AS MUCH.