Low T where to go?

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll be 40 in 5 months and my recent total testosterone level was 241. I copied some results from a recent physical below. I also added bloodwork from 3 years prior when total T was 354. Diet and supplements haven't changed between the two tests.

I'd like to see somebody who can provide more information than a general practitioner. I don't want to jump into testosterone injections and I feel like an anti aging clinic might push for that. Do I see an endocrinologist? Were should I go for more information?

Order Name : FREE T4

FREE T4 1.24 ng/dL 0.70-1.48 Final

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Name : Vit.D 25OH

Vit.D 25OH 56.6 ng/mL 30.0-100.0 Final

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Name : Testosterone

Testosterone 241 ng/dL 47-981 Final

Bloodwork from 3 years earlier:

Order Name : FREE T4

FREE T4 1.01 ng/dL 0.70-1.48 Final

Order Name : Vit.D 25OH

Vit.D 25OH 73.6 ng/mL 30.0-100.0 Final

Order Name : B12

B12 834 pg/mL 213-816 HIGH Final

Order Name : Folate

Folate 11.5 ng/mL 7.0-31.4 Final

Order Name : Testosterone

Testosterone 364 ng/dL 47-981 Final

Order Name : Magnesium

Magnesium 2.7 mg/dL 1.6-2.6 HIGH Final

Test Name In Range Out Of Range Reference Range Lab

DHEA SULFATE 196 106-464 mcg/dL HQ

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Your general practitioner does not know what they are doing. Most endocrinologist don’t know what they are doing either.
mid you want a waste of time go see either.
mid you want to try test and trt go to and anti aging clinic
Those are your two choices

because you don’t want trt or test why do you want to see an Endo and waste your time?

what are you hoping for? What do you want? What are you looking for in terms of treatment.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Your general practitioner does not know what they are doing. Most endocrinologist don’t know what they are doing either.
mid you want a waste of time go see either.
mid you want to try test and trt go to and anti aging clinic
Those are your two choices

because you don’t want trt or test why do you want to see an Endo and waste your time?

what are you hoping for? What do you want? What are you looking for in terms of treatment.

I'd like to see if there are alternatives to testosterone. I'm not 100% against it but if something like temporary clomid use can get my levels higher I would prefer to start there. My understanding is that trt is not necessarily the first step in raising t levels. I would like to know if there might be an alternative.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A trt clinic may be able to help with a clomid protocol. You may have to talk with a few to see. Send some emails out letting them know that is what you would like to try.
Good luck and I hope it is enough to pull your numbers up. It is a big decision

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been on TRT for years, not negative issues, see a good Dr. and you will not be sorry !!