Low Libido, Low Test (340) post Propecia/Finasteride

Trump1776

Awards
Had blood work results come in from my primary care physician yesterday.
Verdict, Vit D slightly low and Test around 340, with my norm around 800.

I've been off Propecia/AntiAndrogens for roughly 4/5 months. I've improved slightly but not even close to baseline regarding sex drive.
Thyroid, cholesterol, and liver function all good.

Because its at 340, doc can't prescribe anything.

Anyone have any pointers on how to tackle this? Just trying to get this **** done.

I noticed sustain alpha is off the market so Im open to suggestions, supplements or pharmaceuticals.

Thanks

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Trump1776

Awards
Yes I have read it. But that doesn't offer me any paths to take.
Do you have amy suggestions to remedy this?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sounds like a HPTA restart could help but not sure as it looks like your endocrine system could be damaged beyond repair. trtdoc?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you feel like TRT is a better solution then contact me and I can put you in touch with Entourage Hormones, an AM sponsor.

Trump1776

Awards
Ill do some digging from what you provided.
Thanks for your time.

-MAGA

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I've been off Propecia/AntiAndrogens for roughly 4/5 months. I've improved slightly but not even close to baseline regarding sex drive.

Anyone have any pointers on how to tackle this? Just trying to get this **** done.

I noticed sustain alpha is off the market so Im open to suggestions, supplements or pharmaceuticals.

Thanks
Propecia/Anti-Androgens. .....I'm wondering why the Anti-Androgens? Was it just for hair reasons?

As far as Propecia goes, I read a number of articles, and first hand accounts a number of years ago. That's some scary stuff. In my opinion, no man should ever risk using that, unless it is part of therapy for some serious physical issues.

Robert11

Awards
Propecia does not affect most users adversely. The problem is when it does it’s some serious **** so it’s gotten a lot of attention. I’ve been on and off it for the last 20 years. Mostly on, and haven’t had any of the documented negative effects . Unfortunately it’s a crapshoot, and if you lose you lose big.

Jobu777

Awards

Thanks
Finasteride is bad news. There's also a psychiatric component from the drug. The longer you're off the better your symptoms should get. There are cases where it didn't return to normal, but generally time works. I used the drug for a while myself and it messed me up. Ipamorelin brought my T levels back in the normal range. I know people might take issue on how that happens but I have the testing on and off 3 times to prove it. Also I would get uv exposure, preferably 'naked' such as in a tanning bed.

Jobu777

Awards
Propecia does not affect most users adversely. The problem is when it does it’s some serious **** so it’s gotten a lot of attention. I’ve been on and off it for the last 20 years. Mostly on, and haven’t had any of the documented negative effects . Unfortunately it’s a crapshoot, and if you lose you lose big.
I guarantee you it is affecting you in ways you do not realize as of yet, such as slight to significant personality changes, sex drive will eventually crash, erection quality etc. I do not believe the side effects are rare.

Jobu777

Awards
Finasteride also down-regulates Pregnenolone, which is a naturally occurring hormone precursor that modulates the brains reaction to stress. Lowering Pregnenolone by using finasteride naturally makes one less able to adapt to stressors. Replacing Pregnenolone via supplementation has been reported by many to ameliorate some of the emotional side effects associated with finasteride. This makes sense given the identified mechanisms of action.

Trump1776

Awards
Ipamorelin?
I've heard of drugs like Clomid or amiridex in order to get the levels back to normal.
Are you saying the use of ipamorelin brought your test. levels up, and you have maintained that level off of the drug?

I just want to get my levels back to normal, and have considered running amiridex or something of that nature.

Jobu777

Awards
Ipamorelin?
I've heard of drugs like Clomid or amiridex in order to get the levels back to normal.
Are you saying the use of ipamorelin brought your test. levels up, and you have maintained that level off of the drug?

Robert11

Awards
I guarantee you it is affecting you in ways you do not realize as of yet, such as slight to significant personality changes, sex drive will eventually crash, erection quality etc. I do not believe the side effects are rare.
I’m not saying they’re rare, just that the majority of users don’t experience them. How long is eventually? Longer than 20 years? Because I have no sex drive issues at all. 14 years ago I was off on 3 different occasions when me and my wife were having children and no differences at all. I was on after that for my longest stretch. I’m physically active and cycle at least 2000miles/year up to 50 mile rides, lift, and have a high stress job requiring me to make quick decisions on limited information. No brain fog, lack of motivation, or sluggishness.

I again went off again a couple of years ago after reading all the horror stories and was off for over a year. Still felt good and no differences in energy, sex drive or clarity in thinking. Only difference I saw was hair in the sink and eventually went back on.

I don’t want to minimize the seriousness of the side effects for those that are susceptible, but don’t confuse the seriousness of those side effects with the frequency of their occurrence. Maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones. For someone that is young and contemplating trying it, knowing what we know now I don’t think I would take that risk.

Trump1776

Awards
Would you guys recommend clomid or arimidex to account for the lowered testosterone levels?
What do you all think?