Unanswered Low libido. Blood work. Advice?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything out there to help raise my LH/FSH?
-After taking 2 months of Nolva/Asin for gyno (back in June), I am still suffering from low/non existent libido. Got bloods done and the only things that came back abnormal/low were LH/FSH and maybe Free test...

Bloodwork:
Test............. 419 (range: 240-870). (Normal for me).
SHBG.......... 30 (range: 11-78). (Normal for me).
Estradiol... 18 (range: 11-44). (Normal for me).
Prolactin.... 12 (range: 2-17).
Free Test:... 9.0 (range: 7-36).

LH............. 3.1 (range: <12). I am normally around 10.
FSH.......... 2.4 (range: 1-12).

The LH/FSH seem low, and those 2 are usually responsible for erections/libido.
Any advice/suggestion on what do here? HCG is used on-cycle to raise LH. Is that an option for me?

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You need to tell us what cycle you did, dosages, compounds and length.

Also, do you know what your pre-cycle test, e2 and free test levels were?

I definitely have "low libido" but it is easy to forget how your normal libido is after you have been on a cycle for a while.

I am simply back to normal and you may be too

LH is secreted in pulses so it depends on how you "catch" it.

Clomid is best for raising LH. I heard toremifene is very good too, although i couldnt get my hands on it.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to tell us what cycle you did, dosages, compounds and length.

Also, do you know what your pre-cycle test, e2 and free test levels were?

I definitely have "low libido" but it is easy to forget how your normal libido is after you have been on a cycle for a while.

I am simply back to normal and you may be too

LH is secreted in pulses so it depends on how you "catch" it.

Clomid is best for raising LH. I heard toremifene is very good too, although i couldnt get my hands on it.

-I actually haven't cycled in over a year (Test/NPP. 12 week cycle. Ended August 2018).
-Got a bad gyno flare up in May, out of nowhere. Took nolva/asin for 2 months.
-Unfortunately it crushed my libido and I haven't been right since.

Pre-cycle: Test has always been in the 400's. Estro has always hovered around 20 or so.
Pre-cycle: LH: 10
I don't have any results for Free Test pre-cycle.

Last edited:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your E level looks a bit low for optimal libido, based on what ive seen discussed around here.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your E level looks a bit low for optimal libido, based on what ive seen discussed around here.
I second this. Too much aromasin is a sure way to destroy libido. Done it multiple times.

Again, both of these drugs (nolva/aromasin) should actually raise your LH.

You can always try clomid and see for sure whether it is your testicles or the pituitary that is the weak link.

Your total T and free T are towards the lower end though. Was this test done in the morning when test levels are highest?

Edit: Nevermind, i am tired, i just saw you said you are normally in 400s.
In that case, i think that the solution is to let your e2 rise a little. Cut back on your aromasin.

I think that you need to let ypur body find its balance. I am currently on pct and studying this.

Funny thing about e2 is, after you have crashed it, it takes quite a while to get it back up.
Because it is not only about getting blood levels to normal range (which takes time since aromasin permanently disables aromatase hence body has to make new aromatase).
, it is about accumulating enough e2 in tissue.

That is why you actually do not feel symptoms of low e2 right away after you crash it, even though bloodwork shows very low (in my case <5 pg/ml). Because there is still some e2 left in the tissue and you start experiencing symptoms after it gets depleted.

Last edited:

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
-What should I do about the e2 levels? Just wait it out?

-A couple of you mentioned Clomid. Any advice on a dosing protocol (i.e. 25mg/day for ??? weeks)?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am currently doing 25 mg clomid per day but the usual protocol is something like 50/50/25/25 or 50/25/25/25 and then i would taper it to 25 mg eod and then 12.5mg eod.

And i would get bloodwork done about 2 weeks in. LH should be high.

As far as aromasin goes, i would stop it. I dont see point in using it without extra exogenous aromatiseable steroids in your body.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I see a few little flags here, nothing crazy but still.. as mentioned above and this isn’t a golden rule but usually people will tend to have a better libido above 25, ideally around the 30s. Also LH may or may not have an effect on libido but it sure will effect your total test which in the end will effect your libido. I’d definitely work on getting your Luteinizing hormone levels up a little.