low LH and potential low T: what to do

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

M34, 1.81 for 73kg, non smoker, no gym at the moment.

An overview on my issues: difficulty in focusing on a single task (ADD-like); brain fog, mild OCD (repetitive behaviors), over-thinking and over-analyzing everything; cold hands; low-grade varicocele, low libido; hay fever; autoimmune inflammatory disease; dry itchy scalp and skin with poor hydration.

Suspecting that my problems could be related to low t (maybe caused by varicocele), I've just done blood analysis. Here my results.
What's your opinion guys?

Value​
Min​
Max​
vit D​
24 ng/mL​
estradiol (E2)​
26 pg/mL​
11.8​
39.8​
FSH​
3.7 mUI/mL​
1.4​
18.1​
TSH-R​
2.16 nUI/mL​
0.55​
4.80​
LH*​
1.2 mIU/mL​
1.5​
9.3​
Prolactin (PRL)​
10 ng/mL​
2.1​
17.7​
S-Testosterone​
4.68 ng/mL​
2.41​
8.27​
albumin​
4.4 g/dL​
3.7​
5.5​
SHBG​
24.10 nmol/L​
16​
80.50​

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have you done full thyroid panel? c-reactive protein?

What is your diet like?
* C-reactive protein: 0.02
* cholesterol: 218
* tryglicerides: 71

I’m going to have ask for a full thyroid panel to my doc in Feb

Consider that I have hay fever and an autoimmune disease, so I’m taking antistamine quite often.
The only supps that I’m taking are: Vit E, resveratrol, curcumin, grape seed extract (advised by MD for keeping inflammation at bay).

About the diet: I try to avoid junk food, my macros are around 60% proteins, 30%carbos and 10% fats, I’m not doing Keto but I start controlling carbs only because I don’t want to gain weight.
A few beers a week and that’s all. That being said, I should eat more veggies for sure.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Given the autoimmune issue I can not believe your doctor wouldnt check your thyroid completely. When you described your symptoms it sounded like hypothyroid.

You should definitely up your fat intake. This is where your hormones come from.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Given the autoimmune issue I can not believe your doctor wouldnt check your thyroid completely. When you described your symptoms it sounded like hypothyroid.

You should definitely up your fat intake. This is where your hormones come from.
yeah, I've scheduled the thyroid panel for mid February. Do you think that ashwagandha could help with my issues? If I remember well is advised in particular for low T and hypothyroid. Or the fact that I have an autoimmune disease (lupus) could backfire?

Thanks!

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not sure your going to find answers here. Lupus is no joke and could be affecting Thyroid and then cascading in to other things. Your T isnt that low. Take the Vitamin D and add fat in to your diet. I think you'll be surprised at just doing that in terms of hormones

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

M34, 1.81 for 73kg, non smoker, no gym at the moment.

An overview on my issues: difficulty in focusing on a single task (ADD-like); brain fog, mild OCD (repetitive behaviors), over-thinking and over-analyzing everything; cold hands; low-grade varicocele, low libido; hay fever; autoimmune inflammatory disease; dry itchy scalp and skin with poor hydration.

Suspecting that my problems could be related to low t (maybe caused by varicocele), I've just done blood analysis. Here my results.
What's your opinion guys?

Value​
Min​
Max​
vit D​
24 ng/mL​
estradiol (E2)​
26 pg/mL​
11.8​
39.8​
FSH​
3.7 mUI/mL​
1.4​
18.1​
TSH-R​
2.16 nUI/mL​
0.55​
4.80​
LH*​
1.2 mIU/mL​
1.5​
9.3​
Prolactin (PRL)​
10 ng/mL​
2.1​
17.7​
S-Testosterone​
4.68 ng/mL​
2.41​
8.27​
albumin​
4.4 g/dL​
3.7​
5.5​
SHBG​
24.10 nmol/L​
16​
80.50​
endoamp max would most likely help with brain fog, it has helped me tremendously.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Vitamin d3 (pharmaceutical, liquid that needs to be refrigerated) has always improved my well being and appetite.

i even used to get some strength gains off of it, which i attribute to increased appetite.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I was thinking the same thing

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote

thanks man, in your opinion coconut oil would be a good source of fats?

Djnickuk

Awards
I’d be highly surprised if you can get a dr to do any further thyroid tests when your tsh is in range.. if you were hypo this would be high out of range.

id def look into getting your varicocele sorted. I had mine ligated and it fixed all the issues you described. Plus no longer That pain in the balls. Which is a bonus. I started to get mine sorted when I noticed my lifts dropping as my test was dropping to that lower than that of a 5 year old girl. Lol

Djnickuk

Awards
And def increase your fats. I’d also drop the protein a little and up the carbs. It’s generally calorie surplus that causes weight increase. Doesnt matter if those surplus cals come from fat, carbs or protein.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
And def increase your fats. I’d also drop the protein a little and up the carbs. It’s generally calorie surplus that causes weight increase. Doesnt matter if those surplus cals come from fat, carbs or protein.
Thanks mate, do you think that coconut oil could be a good source of fat? Any other other suggestions?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thanks man, in your opinion coconut oil would be a good source of fats?
All kinds of fats. Fat from nuts, olive oil and red meat and chicken! That will give you Omega 3 & 6. Not a fan of coconut oil but wouldn't hurt just don't rely solely on it for fats

Djnickuk

Awards
Thanks mate, do you think that coconut oil could be a good source of fat? Any other other suggestions?
loads of good fats. Avocados, peanut butter, good quality grass fed beef butter, olive oil, salmon, oily fish. Chocolate ( dark ) small amount of cheese, coconut oil. Red meats like fattier cuts of beef... lamb. Perhaps avoid pork too often for trans fats. But I like to hit around 25-35% fat in my macros. More fat on non training days and lower fat on training days.