Low Fat while bulking? nutrition noob guys, help out please

grandroid828

Awards
hey guys. im just now starting to go all kai greene on my nutrition. thats right, its tupperware time! haha. anyways. ive always understood diet is crucial, if not the most crucial. but now, at 215 lbs, roughly 12 percent bf, 6 ft 2, and 21 years old, i understand that to keep making great strides im gonna have to be really anal about it. and thats okay! im just curious about one thing tho. whats everyones opinion about low fat diets? and to be clear. i dont mean some fad low fat diet. i mean, the way ive got my diet laid out right now is about like this

total fat- 87g
sat fat-20g
poly unsat-10g
mono unsat-27g
trans - 0g
cholesterol- 396 mg
sodium- 2441 mg
potassium - 3022
total carbs - 438
fiber - 39
sugar - 46
protein - 224

total cal - 3372

this is on a rest day. on a workout day, all that would change is an additional cup of 2 percent milk, and one additional scoop of gold standard protein. basically, from what i see, everything is super on point for a lean bulk. however, i have read there is such a thing as too low fat. i understand it has alot to do with hormones and such. also, i am going to be on halodrol soon, for my first cycle, and i really want to make sure my diet is PERFECTLY set up for max size/mass/strength gains while on it, i dont mind some fat, but no more than 3~ lbs would be great. thanks so much guys.

EDIT: the fats are mostly coming from milk, the small amount of fat in my protein powders, butter intentionally added into brown rice (for more fat), and natural blend canola oil, high in mono and poly fats, not unlike EVOO. and i did not factor in fish oil, which will be probably close to 10 g when i get to my halo cycle

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
on a bulk i stay at .5g per bodyweight and use pb, dairy, and almonds for main fat sources. i do use fish oil too

grandroid828

Awards
on a bulk i stay at .5g per bodyweight and use pb, dairy, and almonds for main fat sources. i do use fish oil too
Thanks brother. And i have pb, dairy, and fish oil. Ill work a handful of almonds in there too and i should be pretty close to that guideline. Thanks so much bro. Ill rep when i get to a computer

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
It depends on how quickly you would like to bulk and what your goal weight is, there is a limit to how large you can naturally achieve, and when your a few pounds shy of that, there tends to be a need for extreme levels of food intake, also to facilitate very high levels of strength, the need for fats is, IMO, far more important than watching a ratio. Again though I'm not an expert. If you're willing to bulk very quickly knowing you'll put on a few pounds of fat, which will most likely be offset by a high level of muscle gain, then high fat high protein and high carbs becomes the name of game and shovel down calories like there's no tomorrow if you want to minimize fat gain and are willing to work harder for longer then continue the way you're going, remember tho if you need a degree to understand the diet don't and it's ingredients then don't eat it. Simple is better.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I do like the fact you have at least 20g of sat fats in there, no nice work.

But that is one very precise diet lol

grandroid828

Awards
I do like the fact you have at least 20g of sat fats in there, no nice work.

But that is one very precise diet lol
I beleive i was a little misleading. I shouldve said with the right portions of the right foods, thisnis what the macros end up being lol. Im not specifically aiming for those numbers, but after setting how much of each food (chicken brown rice sweet potatoes milk pb almonds etc) thats what my macros measured out being. Im not being THAT ocd haha