Low dose test cycle for army officer selection prep

txoc

Awards
29 year old male looking at going to OCS with the goal of becoming an infantry officer and going to ranger school.

It's a lot of running (5 miles in 35 minutes), but strength and anaerobic fitness are important as well. I'm less interested in hypertrophy than I am in improving my lifts a bit, getting a strong fitness baseline (more metcon/crossift/smokers), improving my 2 and 5 mile runs, and strong stabilizers to injury proof my knees and ankles (there is a lot of ruck marching).

I currently running ~20mg daily of mk-677 and using bpc-157 as needed. I'm considering adding 200mg test weekly along with 1/2mg armidex twice weekly for 10 weeks (standard trt clinic dose). I don't yet know if the clinic does pct, so I don't yet have that dialed in. I'm also considering cardarine (see this link for a good discussion on the cancer risk: https://sarmguide.com/cardarine-gw-50156/)

Does anyone have experience using lower doses of T to contribute to goals similar to mine?

Thanks!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
29 year old male looking at going to OCS with the goal of becoming an infantry officer and going to ranger school.

It's a lot of running (5 miles in 35 minutes), but strength and anaerobic fitness are important as well. I'm less interested in hypertrophy than I am in improving my lifts a bit, getting a strong fitness baseline (more metcon/crossift/smokers), improving my 2 and 5 mile runs, and strong stabilizers to injury proof my knees and ankles (there is a lot of ruck marching).

I currently running ~20mg daily of mk-677 and using bpc-157 as needed. I'm considering adding 200mg test weekly along with 1/2mg armidex twice weekly for 10 weeks (standard trt clinic dose). I don't yet know if the clinic does pct, so I don't yet have that dialed in. I'm also considering cardarine (see this link for a good discussion on the cancer risk: https://sarmguide.com/cardarine-gw-50156/)

Does anyone have experience using lower doses of T to contribute to goals similar to mine?

Thanks!
do you currently have low T? I see no point in using a trt dose (albeit at the top end of trt dosing) if you don’t have low t already.....

id be more inclined to look at GW (do your own research and make your own mind up on the cancer links) with your goals.

txoc

Awards
do you currently have low T? I see no point in using a trt dose (albeit at the top end of trt dosing) if you don’t have low t already.....

id be more inclined to look at GW (do your own research and make your own mind up on the cancer links) with your goals.
I'm assuming my T is fine- regular erections and decent libido. I'd just be shooting for improved recovery, faster strength gains, and a bit more lean muscle than I would get without the small addition. I would consider ostarine as well, but reliable providers seem hard to come by and the results don't seem to be consistent, while still being suppressive.

Antlion

Awards
The point he was trying to make is that if your regular T level is say at 600 natural it wouldn't really be worthwhile to do a regular TRT dose just to bump it up another 300 or 400 for a temporary period. Plus you also run the risk of testing positive for PE's which would hinder OCS a bit. That aside, as I'm not sure how the military veiws SARMS, I would look into ostarine or GW if their cool with it and drop the test

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm assuming my T is fine- regular erections and decent libido. I'd just be shooting for improved recovery, faster strength gains, and a bit more lean muscle than I would get without the small addition. I would consider ostarine as well, but reliable providers seem hard to come by and the results don't seem to be consistent, while still being suppressive.
yep as @Antlion said, my point was that when you use exogenous test you suppress your own production completely. So you’d go from say 600 natural to 0 natural and replace it with 1,000 exogenous (still in a natty range). That’s literally going to add nothing (I’m thinking maybe you thought what you injected would add to your existing test?).

injecting test makes no sense in this scenario unless your going to supra levels (300mg a week or higher).

osta will do pretty much sweet fanny Adams and imo isn’t worth the potential suppression (it’s debated on how much and seems to be individual) for very little return.

this is why I would probably go none hormonal. Adding cjc dac to your mk will significantly boost gh and improve recovery, sleep, fat loss etc. GW is noted for endurance.

if you really want to go the test route then 350mg a week for 10 weeks would kinda be a standard low ish starter cycle but I don’t see the point. It doesn’t really have noted endurance benefits and there are better substances for strength and/or general fitness imo. Hard to source but tbol with a low dose of test and maybe epiandro for the energy would be the best I could probably think for your goals if I were going to inject (which I don’t think you need to do).

txoc

Awards
Awesome. It looks like I'll go ahead and order the GW. I'm due for my first on-cycle mk bloodwork in about a week and will look into the cjc to start after that.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome. It looks like I'll go ahead and order the GW. I'm due for my first on-cycle mk bloodwork in about a week and will look into the cjc to start after that.
there’s a thread somewhere on here that shows GH levels from varying doses of cjc dac - the sweet spot seems to be 4mg (2 x 2mg doses split evenly) a week - after that gh still increases but at a lower rate. It’s also expensive unless you buy direct from China and even then it’s not far off actual hgh.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Thanks!
don't know how OCS works since i was enlisted....does it involve a bootcamp style training?

txoc

Awards
don't know how OCS works since i was enlisted....does it involve a bootcamp style training?
Yeah, pft type stuff along with some circuit style training and a lot of rucking. I've been told by a couple of guys that went enlisted to officer that it's some of the nastiest smoking they've experienced and mostly just a sleep deprived suckfest.

After that is the infantry officer's course. The standards are:
1) run 5 miles in under 37 minutes 30 seconds
2) squat 2x bodyweight
3) push press or jerk 1.15x bodyweight
4) 12 mile ruck in 2 hours 45 minutes
5) complete a 16 mile ruck
6) over 270 apft

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, pft type stuff along with some circuit style training and a lot of rucking. I've been told by a couple of guys that went enlisted to officer that it's some of the nastiest smoking they've experienced and mostly just a sleep deprived suckfest.

After that is the infantry officer's course. The standards are:
1) run 5 miles in under 37 minutes 30 seconds
2) squat 2x bodyweight
3) push press or jerk 1.15x bodyweight
4) 12 mile ruck in 2 hours 45 minutes
5) complete a 16 mile ruck
6) over 270 apft
thanks, i've always been curious what OCS entailed.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For what youre going for, eq and tbol would perfect but maybe a little more of an endeavor than what you have in mind.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would suggest to find some natural stuff unless you can find a way to be on cycle the whole time you’re in the military, maybe use some Clomid to boost your test.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I only knew one guy (in my circle) who benefited "cardiovascularly" from Test, and he was using Test Suspension before strenuous physical activities. We partially attributed it to the placebo affect and the increased short-term test increase and aggression.

If it were me in your situation, and after educating myself on the reported cancer risk, Cardarine would be the option I would look at. I would test it out in similar training in the weeks leading to the event so I know what to expect, and what it can/can't do.

I would only do a low dose AAS to get me past a plateau if one of those lifts were in question for qual.

If I were carrying unnecessary water weight/bloat from the MK, I would solve that issue ahead of time too. As you are well aware, every added ounce on a run hurts.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I only knew one guy (in my circle) who benefited "cardiovascularly" from Test, and he was using Test Suspension before strenuous physical activities. We partially attributed it to the placebo affect and the increased short-term test increase and aggression.

If it were me in your situation, and after educating myself on the reported cancer risk, Cardarine would be the option I would look at. I would test it out in similar training in the weeks leading to the event so I know what to expect, and what it can/can't do.

I would only do a low dose AAS to get me past a plateau if one of those lifts were in question for qual.

If I were carrying unnecessary water weight/bloat from the MK, I would solve that issue ahead of time too. As you are well aware, every added ounce on a run hurts.
sage advice here

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would not use any performance enhancing supplements while getting ready for infantry school or ranger school. You will not be able to use any of those supplements while you are there and it will be harder to adapt from the lack of “help”.

Nothing you do will keep you from leaving there looking like a cancer patient lol. Spend your time getting into cardiovascular shape, working without food or sleep, and do long marches in shitty boots and socks with a ruck sack. Probably the best thing you could do is get as miserable as possible now so that it won’t be as bad when you are there. It’s all a mind game. Best of luck.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Training for athletics instead of body composition are different approaches. Since your goal is ratio strength to weight there are only a couple of really good options that fit your scenario.

Tren is great except for all the sides including destroying lipids.
Anavar is the king of raising muscle CP stores but also destroys lipids long term.
Masteron tends to crush estrogen when ran solo. It will eventually mess up lipids too.

Tren and Anavar burn visceral fat preferentially when ran solo and none promote water retention. Adding test will make life more comfortable but not necessarily help the end goals.

Overall, Anavar at 20mgs daily is probably your best option for no more than 8 weeks. You'll still need PCT.

Last edited:
jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would suggest to find some natural stuff unless you can find a way to be on cycle the whole time you’re in the military, maybe use some Clomid to boost your test.
+1 on this. Black Lion Research Follidrone 2.0 and Vector would definitely help you.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Friend who went through buds said he and his pals used pharma gh pens. Depending on how long you have to train. I would consider GH leading up, since it wont shut you down and you can drop it during ocs. I imagine it would be hard to stash compounds during training. Dont expect a dramatic transformation.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Training for athletics instead of body composition are different approaches. Since your goal is ratio strength to weight there are only a couple of really good options that fit your scenario.

Tren is great except for all the sides including destroying lipids.
Anavar is the king of raising muscle CP stores but also destroys lipids long term.
Masteron tends to crush estrogen when ran solo. It will eventually mess up lipids too.

Tren and Anavar burn visceral fat preferentially when ran solo and none promote water retention. Adding test will make life more comfortable but not necessarily help the end goals.

Overall, Anavar at 20mgs daily is probably your best option for no more than 8 weeks. You'll still need PCT.
I would honestly tell him to stay away from any aas. Because what if he doesnt recover properly, going into the bootcamp with low test is going to be a nightmare.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would honestly tell him to stay away from any aas. Because what if he doesnt recover properly, going into the bootcamp with low test is going to be a nightmare.
His using isn't my decision. My opinion on whether it's a good idea doesn't matter either. I just try to provide answers for the questions asked.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have you considered Rad 140? I used it for fitness test at work and prior to the test Rad 140 made me feel like I was in my 20 's again...just felt on another level.