Low-Dose Tamoxifen for long-term

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking 5mg of Tamoxifen once a week for a year. Should I be worried about liver damage? It has helped keep my natural test up and notice a difference when I stop taking it (lethargy, lower sex drive etc.). I assumed it is fine given the low dose only once a week. My Bilirubin came back on the higher end of the range but not out of range (1.2). Should I add TUDCA or look to cut the Tamoxifen all together? or is Clomid more liver friendly? Thanks for the advice

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
5mgs once per week? It's almost hard to believe that would have any impact on anything. Have you actually gone off and had blood work done to compare your test?
Once. I stopped for a month and test came in around 350 vs 600 while taking once/week. Seems crazy but have anecdotal evidence as well like sex drive, night time erections etc. that also went away when I stopped.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Other than increased risk of blood clots, and assuming you’re not seeing the liver values continuing to trend in a negative fashion, I would be considering longterm eye damage as a primary concern.

IMG_9254.JPG

I would not go this route.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Other than increased risk of blood clots, and assuming you’re not seeing the liver values continuing to trend in a negative fashion, I would be considering longterm eye damage as a primary concern.

View attachment 240792

I would not go this route.
While I agree with this, and I personally, would never want to stay on a SERM year round.... at 5mgs per week, he is technically taking less in an entire year than most people take in 1 week of PCT. I still wouldn't take it permanently, but he is microdosing it, which I have never heard of before and don't know of any studies on.

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
While I agree with this, and I personally, would never want to stay on a SERM year round.... at 5mgs per week, he is technically taking less in an entire year than most people take in 1 week of PCT. I still wouldn't take it permanently, but he is microdosing it, which I have never heard of before and don't know of any studies on.
Yes I was thinking about it in the same way taking 260mg per year while a 6 week cycle is 840mg. Though I don't want to risk my health obviously. Would Clomid or an AI be any safer?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes I was thinking about it in the same way taking 260mg per year while a 6 week cycle is 840mg. Though I don't want to risk my health obviously. Would Clomid or an AI be any safer?
IMO the VERY SMALL(relatively speaking) increase in your test is achievable via natural means. It's not like this microdosing has you are 1500ng/dl total test. 600 is midrange normal and completely achievable with OTC supplements. Something like M-Test or Cloma-plex, Sustain, Dermacrine, Hyperion, Alpha-Gel, and I am sure I am forgetting others. You can still rotate in the nolva but cycle in these others to limit overall exposure if you are concerned. Heck I could see AI's giving you those numbers, Inhibit-E, Arimihex, Virtus............and so on.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I realize it is a small total sum, but we need to consider potential ramifications of longterm exposure as well, not just total exposure.

Look at the people who go on TRT at 140mg/wk (7.28g/year) that cannot control blood thickening by the end of the year. Compare that to someone taking 750mg of testosterone/wk for a single 10 week cycle annually. A greater 7.5g total annual exposure to exogenous test, but the first man will have acquired a true risk factor he must now live with, while the one blasting a short period will only suffer transient blood thickness that will self correct once he comes off.

And the liver can handle relatively high load - for a period. But it needs time after without those stressors to begin to heal. It’s the continual exposure that poses a larger threat, typically,

IMO the VERY SMALL(relatively speaking) increase in your test is achievable via natural means. It's not like this microdosing has you are 1500ng/dl total test. 600 is midrange normal and completely achievable with OTC supplements. Something like M-Test or Cloma-plex, Sustain, Dermacrine, Hyperion, Alpha-Gel, and I am sure I am forgetting others. You can still rotate in the nolva but cycle in these others to limit overall exposure if you are concerned. Heck I could see AI's giving you those numbers, Inhibit-E, Arimihex, Virtus............and so on.
This was actually the route I would go, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to discuss this because I realize there is a cost component that the microdosed Tamoxifen route doesn’t possess.

But what’s effective and also healthier does usually cost more money/effort.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I realize it is a small total sum, but we need to consider potential ramifications of longterm exposure as well, not just total exposure.

Look at the people who go on TRT at 140mg/wk (7.28g/year) that cannot control blood thickening by the end of the year. Compare that to someone taking 750mg of testosterone/wk for a single 10 week cycle annually. A greater 7.5g total annual exposure to exogenous test, but the first man will have acquired a true risk factor he must now live with, while the one blasting a short period will only suffer transient blood thickness that will self correct once he comes off.

And the liver can handle relatively high load - for a period. But it needs time after without those stressors to begin to heal. It’s the continual exposure that poses a larger threat, typically,
I don't disagree. That's why I said that I wouldn't want to be on a SERM year round. However, my point really was that I don't know anyone or seen any studies on microdosing it the way that OP is doing right now, so I really can't say for sure whether or not it would be OK. It's possible 5mgs per week is safe.... or it's not. If he's getting bloodwork done, which it seems he is, he is at least on top of any potential damage to liver or other organs.

Having said that, I still wouldn't want to be on a SERM year round at any dose because I don't like the unknown factor of whether or not it's healthy. If there were studies that backed it up that 5mgs of tamox per week would raise test and be perfectly safe, then it's a different story. But I can't say either way whether or not it's safe.

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for the thoughtful responses, I am going to try a test-booster (M-test or Optimize T) and Inhibit E. Appreciate you!

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Totally agree with Hyde...
Often..No real studies are being done..none one can wholeheartedly accept..lol
Longterm ANYTHING is Never a good route..
Interactions has got to play a huge part..
One would think..Anyway.!!

...If nothing else...
Come off for a few months..Bloodwork is your best tool to be sure..
BUT..
There are things that Markets don't tell..
Risk vs. Reward..Always..

Just an Old Dog's o.2..
Z...