Low dose osta to prevent muscle loss

Alexis17

Awards
I compete in a weight class based sport and need to cut weight(approx 8kg) in about 2 months. I wanted to know if running osta at 10mg will help prevent muscle and strength loss from being in a caloric deficit? I ran osta before at 30-40mg range and gained a few kilos which I can't let happen right now.

Ps I did use search function. Couldn't find exact answer

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10mg should be hoips. Id say even 5mg would be ample. Hopefully whatever product you get is legit compound. 8kg of fat in 8 weeks is alot though. I think youll lose some muscle especially if youre quite lean already.

Alexis17

Awards
10mg should be hoips. Id say even 5mg would be ample. Hopefully whatever product you get is legit compound. 8kg of fat in 8 weeks is alot though. I think youll lose some muscle especially if youre quite lean already.
Nah I'm not too lean. Not lean at all really ��. Appreciate your response

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you're "not lean at all" then you really dont need to worry too much about losing muscle mass... your body only goes to that as a last resort when its basically starved and body fat is pretty low. I'd say (roughly) if you can't see any abs, you don't need to worry much, and osta may not be worth it. You could prob get away with just some good carb cycling and a nice little water drop at the end.

Alexis17

Awards
If you're "not lean at all" then you really dont need to worry too much about losing muscle mass... your body only goes to that as a last resort when its basically starved and body fat is pretty low. I'd say (roughly) if you can't see any abs, you don't need to worry much, and osta may not be worth it. You could prob get away with just some good carb cycling and a nice little water drop at the end.
Weight is falling off good but strength feels like it took. A little hit. I'm more concerned with strength since my sport is strength dependant

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Weight is falling off good but strength feels like it took. A little hit. I'm more concerned with strength since my sport is strength dependant
honestly it sounds like you just need a better training program or a more well rounded diet then... fat=/=strength in an way and like i said, a soft body will not break down muscle mass just because. its much easier for it to break down fat mass to fill energy deficits so that's where it goes until theres not much to go for.