Low Dose NPP and Heightened Anxiety

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I am on my 3rd week of low dose NPP (100mg/wk) and 200mg/wk Test E. I've taken Deca before and had very similar side effects that I'm experiencing right now. Real bad anxiety and emotional insecurity. I was able to wean off Sertraline about 3 months ago and was fine up until the cycle. Since restarting Sertraline 25mg/day, I've felt so much better. Almost like a light switch went on with my emotions. No more racing heart at night and anxiety has greatly diminished. Is there any correlation with Nandrolones and lowering serotonin? I can definitely feel it effects my serotonin and cortisol level immensely. While I do like the NPP for joint health, I'm not liking the mental side effects. I'm even taking an on cycle support to keep prolactin and estrogen in check.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea Dave Crossland talks about this a lot. That's why guys like him tell dudes to start with npp and not deca so if they run into issues like yours it'll be out of the system a lot quicker

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I think more research needs to be done on 19-NOR compounds and adrenal hormones. When I ran a cycle of Deca Durabolin in the past at 200mg/wk with Sustanon 500mg/wk I had severe anxiety and terrible panic attack symptoms. I had severe adrenal burnout from that cycle and believe it had to do heightened levels of cortisol due to the Deca. There is clinical evidence of NPP increasing circulating ACTH when administered in rats. I'm going to run some Beta Androstenetriol along with NPP and see if that greatly helps along with staying on my SSRI.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anxiety from NPP and Test went away completely when I started to inject daily (while on cycle). I was able to get up to 350mg NPP without an issue (injecting 6-7 times a week) where I had crazy anxiety at 100mg (injecting twice a week). I have heard this numerous times. What is your injection frequency for both NPP and Test?

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think more research needs to be done on 19-NOR compounds and adrenal hormones. When I ran a cycle of Deca Durabolin in the past at 200mg/wk with Sustanon 500mg/wk I had severe anxiety and terrible panic attack symptoms. I had severe adrenal burnout from that cycle and believe it had to do heightened levels of cortisol due to the Deca. There is clinical evidence of NPP increasing circulating ACTH when administered in rats. I'm going to run some Beta Androstenetriol along with NPP and see if that greatly helps along with staying on my SSRI.
Since you already had a preexisting condition, the sides from NPP interacting with your condition and or any medication you take could definitely amplify the sides. As far as Cortisol you could try something natural like SNS Reduce XT, which works great for Cortisol, and shouldn’t have any interactions with NPP. But probably in the future you need to stay away from NPP and Deca knowing that they have caused issues, that way your cycles aren’t so stressful.

Reactions: Nac

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Yeah my frequency is EOD 25mg of NPP and 200mg of Test E split for 3 shots for the week. I think mentally and physically I am predisposed to higher anxiety and cortisol levels so probably won't do another Deca or NPP again. Tren did give me similar rage but not as much anxiety. What compounds are better for someone with more anxiety related issues?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not really sure, except for maybe Mast and Primo. I don’t take Tren anymore, because it makes me way too aggressive and short fuse, but not really anxiety. I love Trest, but not everyone tolerates it. Maybe EQ would be worth a shot.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not really sure, except for maybe Mast and Primo. I don’t take Tren anymore, because it makes me way too aggressive and short fuse, but not really anxiety. I love Trest, but not everyone tolerates it. Maybe EQ would be worth a shot.
Masteron (and a lot of DHTs) can increase anxiety in those predisposed. .... As well as EQ.

I recently ran a Test/Mast/Tren cycle, and although I am more predisposed to anxiety than some, I didn't experience an increase.
.... Although I was also using AET-50, which reduces Cortisol.
It also helped me to sleep on cycle (which was the main reason I was using it during that run.
.... Oh, and it makes my body run a little cooler, which was a Big plus during that cycle. Especially at night.

*** Mast and EQ are very user dependent, as far as anxiety goes.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Masteron (and a lot of DHTs) can increase anxiety in those predisposed. .... As well as EQ.

I recently ran a Test/Mast/Tren cycle, and although I am more predisposed to anxiety than sone, I didn't experience an increase.
.... Although I was also using AET-50, which reduces Cortisol.
It also helped me to sleep on cycle (which was the main reason I was using it during that run.
.... Oh, and it makes my body run a little cooler, which was a Big plus during that cycle. Especially at night.
Ahh, good to know…I feel so good on any of those that I wasn’t sure. Not many options, but I could see how your Test, Mast, Tren cycle could work, because Mast and Tren do work good together.👍

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ahh, good to know…I feel so good on any of those that I wasn’t sure. Not many options, but I could see how your Test, Mast, Tren cycle could work, because Mast and Tren do work good together.👍
Yeah, it's a fairly common cycle. (y)

As you were replying, I did add a "disclaimer" at the bottom of my last post.
:)

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just added tren/mast this week to my test/eq..it's go time now