Lost my job and insurance. Had to cold turkey stop TRT. Advice?

Popeisdope

Awards
Is there anything im risking by just stopping? I wish i had some ancilliaries on hand but i dont. Ive no money to keep filling it from the pharmacy or order clomid or anything. Not really sure what to do.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are in for a hell of a crash then. Good luck with job hunting.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If u were just doing trt doses at 100-200 then u should be fine. Was a similar boat for me and I was on 200 eow which is like 100 week. Doc didn’t recommend me stopping but understood with $ problem said at the dose I was in I really didn’t need anything and I didn’t have any reaction other then getting a little more sluggish than i came used to. Now if u r just using the term trt but using high doses then Idk. Def not an expert in this field

Popeisdope

Awards
Its been 4 weeks without any after doing 200mg every week for 3 years. I sleep like 2 hours a night and feel like im walking through sand all day. The extra anxiety isnt helping with my job and money situation either. ****ing insurance anyways

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there anything im risking by just stopping? I wish i had some ancilliaries on hand but i dont. Ive no money to keep filling it from the pharmacy or order clomid or anything. Not really sure what to do.
Buy testosterone illegally.......there, I said it.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its been 4 weeks without any after doing 200mg every week for 3 years. I sleep like 2 hours a night and feel like im walking through sand all day. The extra anxiety isnt helping with my job and money situation either. ****ing insurance anyways
I know u r struggling right now but the sleeping u can try sedation, amnesia et al. Find a deal maybe a company would hook u up with logging op. For energy radiate is great, I hear great things about azoth too. Again maybe a logging op. For anxiety it’s tough, but try to eliminate the stuff that hasn’t happened yet, I’ve found a lot of my anxiety is irrational in base bc it has happened. Otherwise thinking along the lines that you’ve done the best you could do with what was available to u at the time, that thinking helps. And of course meditate and belly breath they’re game changers. Wish u the best

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I stopped cold turkey as well when my hermatocrit hit 54. I didn't feel too much of a difference and my bloods about a month and a half later came back perfect. TRT is cheap though even without insurance. I paid $30 for 10ML which lasts me about 5 months. Without insurance it would have been $90.

boomdaddy3

boomdaddy3

Awards
It costs me ~$160 for 3 month supply of compounded T cream ... so a little more than $50/month. I could mow two lawns and make that much. Of course, you may need to add an AI to keep estradiol in balance. And you will need periodic lab work (I do mine every 6 months) but that isn't too expensive either. If there is a will, there is a way - especially if your doctor will write a script for legal compounded supplies.

I wish you the best of luck - I would not want to be in your position - but if I were, I guarantee you I would be giving up TV, alcohol, and any other discretionary spending plus hustling yardwork to ensure I maintained my hormonal levels ... I am a much more energetic, clear-headed, and stronger person with them than without (been on TRT for almost 10 years).

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, a $200 50mL (300mg/mL) jug of Test E taken like TRT @ 1mL per week TRT, will last a long time... almost a year.

A bottle of Clomid or Novla is like $40-$50 from an RC site.

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
Agree. Get test cypionate, take your normal dose, maybe weekly or twice a week if you divide it up, and take control of what you can. Pay out of pocket for bloods and labs every six months. There are online vendors of bloods and labs that would be affordable. There are probably a few ancillary things you buys daily, coffee, magazines, fast foods etc that you could do without. Don’t let outside circumstances dictate your health. If this is important to you, then make it a priority.

Popeisdope

Awards
I have been shown how cheap cyp can be had illegitimately. Even with goodrx and all that stuff the only cheaper option seems to be to get insurance again with another job.

Without breaking sourcing details can someone tell me some red flags to loom out for when getting test outside of a pharmacy? Or is that too far over the gray line?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just get it from someone u trust or a place with a good reputation

Destroying

Awards
Why not just fill the script out of pocket? It’s going to help you stay positive and healthy and get the next job.

grondi

grondi

Awards
Been a Test/Cyp user now for the past 11 months now... at 190/month. Since the OP is low on funds, and I just got shifted to part time at work, is there options out there for close to 100/month and still getting blood done every 3 months??? (Under doc care?)
Thanks all!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been a Test/Cyp user now for the past 11 months now... at 190/month. Since the OP is low on funds, and I just got shifted to part time at work, is there options out there for close to 100/month and still getting blood done every 3 months??? (Under doc care?)
Thanks all![/QUOTE kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks all!
Yes there is. Our board sponsor Entourage Hormones provides doctor supervised TRT that’s all inclusive. Check Entourage out here:

https://entouragehormones.com/pricing/

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks all!
As far as the test cyp itself, I had to buy it out of pocket one month due to a screw up with my insurance. It cost me $72 and the vial lasted me about three months. Labs I think are around $60. That would put you at $44 per month on average.

grondi

grondi

Awards
Great ideas... and half of what I was paying. Appreciate the feedback. Hopefully the OP and myself can stay on track with everything.
Grondi

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man, you're in for one hell of a crash. I stopped using 1andro and a simple dhea and I was tired for hours out of the day until I took my pct

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am checking out Entourage now... Looks like 119/mo for TRT and another 179/mo for HCG. So close to 300/mo for both items. (Not including tests/exams ect...)
Hopefully another source will have a better price point. Bummer that HCG is out of reach.
That doesn't look right. I just visited the site, and saw this: (Attached image) and I'd be using them if they were permitted in Flori-duh. (Most backwards state I've ever lived in for medical, ironically)

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.57.03 PM.png

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am checking out Entourage now... Looks like 119/mo for TRT and another 179/mo for HCG. So close to 300/mo for both items. (Not including tests/exams ect...)
Hopefully another source will have a better price point. Bummer that HCG is out of reach.
Not correct brother.
IMG_4748.jpg

It’s $119 a month for testosterone cypionate, anastrozole, HCG, syringes and access to Dr Henry anytime.

grondi

grondi

Awards
Not correct brother.

It’s $119 a month for testosterone cypionate, anastrozole, HCG, syringes and access to Dr Henry anytime.
Thanks... I saw that I was in error and deleted my post as I got my facts wrong. (I clicked the HCG link where they list it as 179/mo) and thought incorrectly it was in addition to the TRT costs.
I sent another request today for them to contact me. How much a year for labs and the initial consult??

Thanks!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks... I saw that I was in error and deleted my post as I got my facts wrong. (I clicked the HCG link where they list it as 179/mo) and thought incorrectly it was in addition to the TRT costs.
I sent another request today for them to contact me. How much a year for labs and the initial consult??

Thanks!!
No initial consult fee. You just sign up on their website. You get an email with forms to fill out, get a sports physical from your doctor or walk-in clinic then email them. Dr Henry will schedule a telephone consultation and review your labs. Only labs you need as current (less than 90 days).

If you want information from their rep, go to FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Community. Most patients are there on the forum.