Looking to take cortisol supplements I can take all year preferably cheap

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I struggle with anxiety and I am currently take Invictus, but it irritates my skin after awhile. In fact, I put it on my legs, not my chest and shoulders because those areas get more irritated. I can't take certain herbs(ginseng, Forskolin) because they cause me either reflux, or high blood pressure. I was thinking of taking Reduce XT then cycling to something else, then going back to Reduce XT. I'd like to find two products that I can cycle back and forth that will have similar effects and be affordable.

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
Cardarine powder and suspend it yourself. Can buy heaps of it.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
KSM-66 sounds like your answer, reduces cortisol AND anxiety.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardarine powder and suspend it yourself. Can buy heaps of it.
It's beyond irresponsible to recommend someone use cardarine year-round (as the OP specified) for anything, let alone cortisol control when there are much safer (and more proven effective) options as well. This is just bad advice...

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
It's beyond irresponsible to recommend someone use cardarine year-round (as the OP specified) for anything, let alone cortisol control when there are much safer (and more proven effective) options as well. This is just bad advice...
In moderate doses there are NO bad sides to cardarine. OP also said two compounds that he can cycle back and forward...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In moderate doses there are NO bad sides to cardarine. OP also said two compounds that he can cycle back and forward...
BS. We simply have NO IDEA what long-term or regular use of cardarine at ANY DOSE does in humans. Hell, we're not even sure what it does in rodents. Also, cycling cardarine year-round (so arguably using it half the year), is still very uncharted waters.

Human studies have NEVER used more than 10mg/day cardarine, and never for more than a few weeks. We know it's well tolerated at very low doses for very short periods of time, but we have NO IDEA what higher doses or longer duration does. The concern isn't short-term, but long-term use, and increased cancer growth has been observed in rodents with doses equivalent to as low as ~50mg/day (lower doses weren't tested). If you know ANYTHING about what a factor of safety is, you'd know that this means that human studies/research would then have to start with less than 5mg/day (10x FOS). Also, do you even know what HED is?

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
Yeah human experience development.. given there are plenty of logs out there with people reporting no sides at the typical 10-20 mg dose after months of use. Rodents are also exceedingly smaller in size compared to humans , as well as 50mg being 2.5-5 times more than the typical dose us guys would take to begin with. As well as the potential weeks OP would be using the other supp, giving the cardarine and the effects of it plenty of time to circulate out of the body. Personally i would feel safe with taking 10-20mg a day for 2 or 3 months at a time and taking 2 or 3 months off.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah human experience development.. given there are plenty of logs out there with people reporting no sides at the typical 10-20 mg dose after months of use. Rodents are also exceedingly smaller in size compared to humans , as well as 50mg being 2.5-5 times more than the typical dose us guys would take to begin with. As well as the potential weeks OP would be using the other supp, giving the cardarine and the effects of it plenty of time to circulate out of the body. Personally i would feel safe with taking 10-20mg a day for 2 or 3 months at a time and taking 2 or 3 months off.
Dude, the potential long-term concern is cancer growth. This almost definitely isn't going to be noticed in "months" of use. If it was giving people cancer after only months of use, it'd be an extremely potent carcinogen. We really CAN'T know if it'll increase cancer growth for years/decades, and even then, we'll never know for sure, as actual research/studies on it seem to be over, since GSK has abandoned development and moved onto the next thing they hope won't have this rik.

Also, the "rodents are smaller than humans" is the ENTIRE POINT of HED conversions. I asked if you know what those are. You also apparently missed my point about a factor of safety. a FOS of 2-5x is insufficient, but it's actually less than that, as the 50mg HED equivalent WASN'T found to be safe, so we'd have to go less than that even for FOS calculations.

OP, don't listen to this nonsense. Ashwagandha, tongkat ali, and PS are ALL PROVEN in human studies to reduce cortisol and are exponentially safer and proven to be safe than cardarine.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Furthermore, not only does cardarine have serious potential risks and literally no real long-term safety data, but do we even KNOW it reduces cortisol in humans? I haven't seen a single study showing this, while ashwagandha has multiple studies demonstrating safety and effectiveness. Why you're insisting on an unproven option, both in regards to safety and efficacy, when there are proven and safe options out there is beyond me.

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
Furthermore, not only does cardarine have serious potential risks and literally no real long-term safety data, but do we even KNOW it reduces cortisol in humans? I haven't seen a single study showing this, while ashwagandha has multiple studies demonstrating safety and effectiveness. Why you're insisting on an unproven option, both in regards to safety and efficacy, when there are proven and safe options out there is beyond me.
Fair enough, I’ve just had personal good experience with it.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't take GW anyway guys. Last time I took GW I got reflux. It didn't GIVE me reflux, but it made me more likely to get reflux, similar to how caffeine relaxes the muscles in the esophagus, it felt like it did that and i tried it about 3 times. I'd love to take Tongkat, but last time I took it, just like Ginseng does, it made my face feel super hot and raised my BP. It really sucks, consider how well it is studied as a test booster.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried applying some lotion a few hours after you've applied Invictus?.. it can help to reduce the reaction from the benzyl alcohol in some transdermal.. you could also try a low concentration hydrocortisone cream a few hours post application.. might help..

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Invictus is relatively cheap when using code Chef which gives you 25% off. Works well and can run at .5ml a day to make it last longer. Play wiuth the dosage toi see what works best for you.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Invictus is relatively cheap when using code Chef which gives you 25% off. Works well and can run at .5ml a day to make it last longer. Play wiuth the dosage toi see what works best for you.
On what site bro?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Reduce xt is a nice product so you will get good results with it. I haven't used KSM-66 before but from what i've seen it gets good reviews.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cardarine safety

But, in 2007, GlaxoSmithKline decided to shelve 516. The company was about to embark on Phase III trials—the large, expensive, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials that are required for F.D.A. approval—when the results of a long-term-toxicity test came in. Mice that had been given large doses of the drug over the course of two years (a lifetime for a lab rodent) developed cancer at a higher rate than their dope-free peers. Tumors appeared all over their bodies, from the tongue to the testes. The results made GlaxoSmithKline’s decision all but inevitable. If a large dose of the drug seemed to increase the risk of cancer at the end of a mouse lifespan, the only way to conclusively prove that even a lower dose would not have a similar effect on humans would be to run a seventy-year trial. Without that proof, the F.D.A. would likely judge the potential risks of taking the drug to be greater than the actual dangers of high cholesterol.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But, in 2007, GlaxoSmithKline decided to shelve 516. The company was about to embark on Phase III trials—the large, expensive, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials that are required for F.D.A. approval—when the results of a long-term-toxicity test came in. Mice that had been given large doses of the drug over the course of two years (a lifetime for a lab rodent) developed cancer at a higher rate than their dope-free peers. Tumors appeared all over their bodies, from the tongue to the testes. The results made GlaxoSmithKline’s decision all but inevitable. If a large dose of the drug seemed to increase the risk of cancer at the end of a mouse lifespan, the only way to conclusively prove that even a lower dose would not have a similar effect on humans would be to run a seventy-year trial. Without that proof, the F.D.A. would likely judge the potential risks of taking the drug to be greater than the actual dangers of high cholesterol.
This is a surprisingly comprehensive review of all the research on cardarine:
https://www.tga.gov.au/book-page/12-cardarine

I'd like to point out that it wasn't really that large of a dose that was used in the scheme of things, especially when you consider that the FDA recommends a factor of safety of around 10 when going from rodent to human studies. Given that the HED equivalent of 50mg/day was found not to be safe, in more than one study actually, and not only the end-of-lifespan long-term study really, the starting human dose would have to be under 5mg/day for sure. The highest human study used 10mg/day for a few weeks. People using 25mg/day or more is completely uncharted territory.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This may be way out there but I have a hypothesis that ashwaghanda and about 6 g/day of cissus quadrangularis would be a great combo for anxiety. It isn't about reducing cortisol, lots of people think that, but that is a very simplistic view.

One thing I have noticed about anxiety is usually the people who have it the most have self imposed restraint...in other words they imagine a problem that they are restrained from dealing with either because of situations or their own personal capabilities. Having low cortisol alone would reduce your ability to act against your perceived problems, which is a form of restraint.

Just my theories though. It is amazing how many anxiety threads there are on here and I have never seen anyone come back and say they fixed it with a supplement unfortunately. It sucks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I struggle with anxiety and I am currently take Invictus, but it irritates my skin after awhile. In fact, I put it on my legs, not my chest and shoulders because those areas get more irritated. I can't take certain herbs(ginseng, Forskolin) because they cause me either reflux, or high blood pressure. I was thinking of taking Reduce XT then cycling to something else, then going back to Reduce XT. I'd like to find two products that I can cycle back and forth that will have similar effects and be affordable.
behind ears....behind knees....tops of feet...the benefits of b-AET in invictus are numerous, and it will be hard to find a replacement...maybe use Invictus in a rotation with a month on month off!!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Reduce XT has years of great feedback as a great cortisol control product like someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

If you're interested in trying to increase your natural testosterone levels in addition to reducing cortisol, M-Test has KSM-66 in it. I've only ever used KSM in M-Test, never ran it solo.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
behind ears....behind knees....tops of feet...the benefits of b-AET in invictus are numerous, and it will be hard to find a replacement...maybe use Invictus in a rotation with a month on month off!!!
It's also the inconvenience of it, but if it helps, it helps. It just takes forever to wash off my hands once I apply it. It also makes me super tired, but I'm going to half dose it ans see. How long does it usually last with a half dose each day? I have noticed I've started loosing weight lately after using it again, after staying the same weight for literally months. Any data on it raises test?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's also the inconvenience of it, but if it helps, it helps. It just takes forever to wash off my hands once I apply it. It also makes me super tired, but I'm going to half dose it ans see. How long does it usually last with a half dose each day? I have noticed I've started loosing weight lately after using it again, after staying the same weight for literally months. Any data on it raises test?
1st-use a sandwich baggie to apply...don't use 1st thing in morning, you want some cortisol when you wake up to get going in the mornings....each dose should be good for 6-8 hours....it is very effective for weight loss, probably the biggest reason most people use it for...I don't know about increase in test, but increase in libido is very common--do you notice increase in libido?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1st-use a sandwich baggie to apply...don't use 1st thing in morning, you want some cortisol when you wake up to get going in the mornings....each dose should be good for 6-8 hours....it is very effective for weight loss, probably the biggest reason most people use it for...I don't know about increase in test, but increase in libido is very common--do you notice increase in libido?
My libido is always high, so I'm not sure, but I do notice more testicle tingling. Sorry if that is tmi lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My libido is always high, so I'm not sure, but I do notice more testicle tingling. Sorry if that is tmi lol.
try putting a sandwich baggie around your hand to apply...and instead of 1st thing in morning apply around noontime.

see if that helps.

lol...at my age testicle tingling is very good!!!

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
try putting a sandwich baggie around your hand to apply...and instead of 1st thing in morning apply around noontime.

see if that helps.

lol...at my age testicle tingling is very good!!!
I've been applying it between 4-6pm.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been applying it between 4-6pm.
are you sure it is Invictus causing tiredness?? it has opposite affect on me...but everyone is different.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, but a relaxed tiredness.
stick with half a dose for a few days, maybe even use .5ml every other day until it subsides....Invictus is potent stuff it could be that your cortisol is too low.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vit C

that said best to go lower when backing off a bt and higher when training intensier

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reduce XT has years of great feedback as a great cortisol control product like someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

If you're interested in trying to increase your natural testosterone levels in addition to reducing cortisol, M-Test has KSM-66 in it. I've only ever used KSM in M-Test, never ran it solo.
What exactly are the two compounds in reduce XT? Do they have good oral bioavailability?

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What state do you live in?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
endoamp max can be taken year long. i'm on 3rd month and can't say enough good about it...better sleep, better brain function and best of all-better all around health.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Pretty much what I came in here to say. I have ran ksm solo though, and had good results.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bulk ashwaghanda ksm66 is what I do. If you shop around you can find it cheapish and its good to me and i have serious cortisol issues.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bulk ashwaghanda ksm66 is what I do. If you shop around you can find it cheapish and its good to me and i have serious cortisol issues.
Do you have a link to bulk KSM66 that you are willing to share?

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have a link to bulk KSM66 that you are willing to share?
I have found reputable brands, DIRT CHEAP, of pure KSM-66 at CVS and Walgreens. We're talking $14 for 650mg x 60 tabs.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vicious labs and SNS make a good standalone ksm supp at a good price.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am looking at m test by cel, it contains ksm 66 and an all around good ingredient profile. Should be a nice add on to my pct alongside a serm and an ai.

i personally wouldnt take cardarine too.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i see alot of talk about dangers of long term cardarine

what about laxogenin? are there any negative studies on this if i remember correctly it helps with coritsol as well

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i see alot of talk about dangers of long term cardarine

what about laxogenin? are there any negative studies on this if i remember correctly it helps with coritsol as well
I got an impression that it is a bogus supplement.