Looking for suggestions

StrongGuy

StrongGuy

Awards
So wanted to post a little inquiry about something I'm not very experienced in at all. I'm currently 39, been around the community a while and mainly focus on performance enhancement and longevity, however this is a little out of my wheel-house. Basically I'm looking for some thoughts/suggestions for nootropics I guess. What I'm looking for is something I can take, say on a Saturday night for example, to give a mellow, some euphoria maybe, decent focus effect. I'm not an overly social person so not necessarily something for that type setting, but could be if I wanted it to? I guess similar to marijuana but not as potent if that makes sense.

Little background cliff notes. I regularly used MJ in my high school years and enjoyed DMAA in my mid-twenties. I did get to the point of what I believe was abusing both (at their different respective times) and began to have occasional panic attacks. I am somewhat prone to panic attacks outside of this as well. Due to my profession I absolutely cannot mess with anything that is not legal. I don't drink though I did somewhat heavily at times through my late twenties. With the exception of a glass of champagne this past new years eve, I haven't drank alcohol in about ten years.

I've very briefly looked into kratom and phenibut but I think kratom might be a bit much. I've seen where phenibut can help with social anxiety (which I do suffer from) but I'm not really sure about the effects outside of that, and I don't really like the "hangover" that has also been sometimes associated with it.

Again, I'm just kicking around some ideas at this point. I'd like to have something at my disposal, whether it be a single ingredient or a product that's available out there, to use on occasion to chill out and mainly enjoy an evening at home. Thanks for any input guys.

Last edited:
sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
If you don’t have any addiction issues, maybe a low dos Kratom? Sounds like it could fit the bill.

Not really a nootropic but gives some relaxation and a bit of focus is Delta8. There are legal Delta8 vendors online now, but while it can be legally purchased it has the same metabolites as regular THC on a drug test.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
2gram phenibut and either pink floyd or david gilmour live at pompeii 2016....about as chill as i get!!!

i am a experienced phenibut user, a 1st timer might want to start at 1 gram....don't be eager to add more, it takes quite awhile for full effects to kick in.

something you might look at on a more regular basis is topical pregnenolone applied to temples and forehead.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
On Kratom.. IMO
The addiction ain’t ****. So far all Kratom works crappy. Don’t do **** even at 5 g. And is a gross substance to have to drink or however you take it.
Barely works better than marijuana or CBD.
I’m so disappointed in it and can’t understand how people get addicted to it. Sh🌮t SUCKS! All Krantom. IMO.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm going to give my answer in a couple of parts.

Social Anxiety - I suffer from really bad social anxiety in certain situations myself. KannaEase has been great for me with that.

Euphoric Effect - I absolutely cannot promote any product for a euphoric benefit, but I can say that some people really like it for that kind of effect at certain doses.

I have actually not taken KannaEase and Eria Jarensis at the same time of the day yet. I may give that a try and for the type of effect you're looking for here, you may like that.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m not bagging on your guises product at all, but I am just stating my opinion on how Kratom affects me has nothing to do with you guys

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m not bagging on your guises product at all, but I am just stating my opinion on how Kratom affects me has nothing to do with you guys
I'm not sure if you were talking to me or someone else in the thread? I got confused because we don't make a Kratom and I thought maybe I made a typo in my post haha.

I've only ever tried one brand of Kratom that I liked myself and they aren't a sponsor here so its definitely not something you'll ever see me trying to promote.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm not sure if you were talking to me or someone else in the thread? I got confused because we don't make a Kratom and I thought maybe I made a typo in my post haha.

I've only ever tried one brand of Kratom that I liked myself and they aren't a sponsor here so its definitely not something you'll ever see me trying to promote.
Lol
Sorry man. Seems like a misunderstanding 😊
It’s been a long week... but I do love you guys. No mistake there❤

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol
Sorry man. Seems like a misunderstanding 😊
It’s been a long week... but I do love you guys. No mistake there❤
No worries. I saw you post and I was like 'dang, did I write Kratom somewhere when I was talking about KannaEase' haha.

And thank you. Kind words are always appreciated and mean a lot. Been a long week on my end as well.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to give my answer in a couple of parts.

Social Anxiety - I suffer from really bad social anxiety in certain situations myself. KannaEase has been great for me with that.

Euphoric Effect - I absolutely cannot promote any product for a euphoric benefit, but I can say that some people really like it for that kind of effect at certain doses.

I have actually not taken KannaEase and Eria Jarensis at the same time of the day yet. I may give that a try and for the type of effect you're looking for here, you may like that.

That sounds like an interesting combo (Eria + KannaEase)!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That sounds like an interesting combo (Eria + KannaEase)!
Yes, it does. I'm surprised I hadn't thought to try together yet. Going to have to do that soon :)

StrongGuy

StrongGuy

Awards
These are great replies, some excellent info here, thank you all. I can research these things extensively but real life input from people on here is what I was looking for. Phenibut, KannaEase, and Eria, Jarensis all sound interesting, I'll research those a bit more. Anyone willing to give a breakdown of typically what to expect from each? Not sure if I'm quite ready for the plunge with Kratom, that might be a bit more than what I'm looking for, perhaps may consider a low dose or something in the future. Right now just looking to "get my feet wet" a bit with these types of things. Not looking for something to take on a regular basis, once per week at most, but probably more like just a couple weekend nights per month.

As far as anything that could cause a positive or false positive on drug tests, I have to steer clear from those types of things, that could be a career ender for me and simply not worth the risk.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
These are great replies, some excellent info here, thank you all. I can research these things extensively but real life input from people on here is what I was looking for. Phenibut, KannaEase, and Eria, Jarensis all sound interesting, I'll research those a bit more. Anyone willing to give a breakdown of typically what to expect from each? Not sure if I'm quite ready for the plunge with Kratom, that might be a bit more than what I'm looking for, perhaps may consider a low dose or something in the future. Right now just looking to "get my feet wet" a bit with these types of things. Not looking for something to take on a regular basis, once per week at most, but probably more like just a couple weekend nights per month.

As far as anything that could cause a positive or false positive on drug tests, I have to steer clear from those types of things, that could be a career ender for me and simply not worth the risk.
I put the links further up to Eria Jarensis and KannaEase in the thread. The KannaEase write up in particular is pretty in depth.

KannaEase - helps me relax and takes the edge off. I get overwhelmed easily and I feel like it helps me be able to relax and power through. It's not as strong as Phenibut but it gives me the relaxation part I like of Phenibut without the sedation part that I don't (not everyone gets that sedation feeling as much I do from Phenibut). KannaEase also definitely helps me with social anxiety. This is at 50 mg. I have done 50 mg. twice per day but never 100 mg. at once like some people talk about for the effect you're talking about looking for.

Eria Jarensis - at a normal dose - great clean energy type feeling. At certain doses some people report euphoric effects. Which is why we were discussing above that it may be an interesting mix with KannaEase.

Phenibut - BigT can detail this from personal experience better than me. I know we used to sell it and people loved it and we got all sorts of great feedback on it. I used it for sleep and years ago had used it for stress/anxiety but never had to use it for that once I started taking our Stress & Anxiety Support daily. But I never used it for recreational purposes because it may be too sleepy to find it enjoyable for that but a lot of people love it for that.

StrongGuy

StrongGuy

Awards
So I just placed a order on a bottle of SNS KannaEase the sceletium tortuosum sounds very much in line with what I might be looking for. I will report back. Also added a tub of Energized Aminos, this time the strawberry limeade flavor. I'm almost through my first tub of pink star candy flavor which I really enjoyed.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I just placed a order on a bottle of SNS KannaEase the sceletium tortuosum sounds very much in line with what I might be looking for. I will report back. Also added a tub of Energized Aminos, this time the strawberry limeade flavor. I'm almost through my first tub of pink star candy flavor which I really enjoyed.
I'm glad that you liked the Pink Star Candy. I hope that you'll like the Strawberry Limeade as well.

I also hope you'll be pleased with KannaEase. I feel that it really helps me a lot.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use the penibut for deep sleep about once per week, maybe less.

I do not believe phenibut is a good choice for the OP because there is a bit of rebound anxiety after it wears off. To me, very similar to when a Xanax or Ativan wears off.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the kannaease is weak in comparison t0 the 2gm phenibut i use sometimes twice a week...but it is a really nice alternative for days off from phenibut. i tried 2 kannaease but found it took 3 for me to be relaxed and chill, will probably try 4.

not knocking kannaease, i like it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
the kannaease is weak in comparison t0 the 2gm phenibut i use sometimes twice a week...but it is a really nice alternative for days off from phenibut. i tried 2 kannaease but found it took 3 for me to be relaxed and chill, will probably try 4.

not knocking kannaease, i like it.
I agree that KannaEase is weaker than Phenibut, but for a lot of people that's a good thing. Especially agree that its weaker than the 2 gram dose you said you use. That would be way too much for me. 1 gram and I feel relaxed and sleepy, 2 grams and I'd out out or a zombie if stayed awake thru it. But it definitely affects everyone different.

I think that KannaEase is a great option for him bc he's worried more about something possibly being too strong. KannaEase is great in terms of effects, especially like where he mentions social anxiety but without being too much imo.

You definitely have a high tolerance. I look forward to seeing what you think of different KannaEase dosing and I'm glad you like it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree that KannaEase is weaker than Phenibut, but for a lot of people that's a good thing. Especially agree that its weaker than the 2 gram dose you said you use. That would be way too much for me. 1 gram and I feel relaxed and sleepy, 2 grams and I'd out out or a zombie if stayed awake thru it. But it definitely affects everyone different.

I think that KannaEase is a great option for him bc he's worried more about something possibly being too strong. KannaEase is great in terms of effects, especially like where he mentions social anxiety but without being too much imo.

You definitely have a high tolerance. I look forward to seeing what you think of different KannaEase dosing and I'm glad you like it.
i started out at 1gm of phenibut and have worked my way up to 2gm....2gm is my limit, i will NOT go over that cliff.

very happy to have found kannaease....i will probably go to 4 caps since i have such a high tollerance, but 4 caps will be my MAX for the kannaease.

i too think that kannaease would be something he might find helpful.

StrongGuy

StrongGuy

Awards
A little follow up to this thread. Picked up KannaEase and have tried it a few times. Admittedly, I started out very conservative because I'm careful and wanted to gauge my response to it. The caps are super easy to simply pull apart so I tried out first with about a half cap, then about two thirds, and have worked my way up to a full cap. Still experimenting with this one, haven't noticed much so far outside of a slight "disassociated" feeling if that makes any sense.

Picked up some Eria Jarensis about a week ago and will likely give that a try this weekend too, probably following the same protocol of trying maybe half a cap first and assess.

Continuing my tour around first-time nootropic experimenting and looking at another SNS product, I think I'll pick up some Focus XT next. Seems like it could also be applicable for what I'm looking for and it has received many rave reviews. Question on this one: If someone could explain the effects of the caffeine free version in comparison to with caffeine? I obviously know what caffeine feels like in a product, so I'm curious what the effects are outside of the caffeine/theacrine. The caffeine free version is appealing to me in that I would have the flexibility to add caffeine if I want or don't if not. I guess basically what is the effects minus the stims (focus, alertness, etc).

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A little follow up to this thread. Picked up KannaEase and have tried it a few times. Admittedly, I started out very conservative because I'm careful and wanted to gauge my response to it. The caps are super easy to simply pull apart so I tried out first with about a half cap, then about two thirds, and have worked my way up to a full cap. Still experimenting with this one, haven't noticed much so far outside of a slight "disassociated" feeling if that makes any sense.

Picked up some Eria Jarensis about a week ago and will likely give that a try this weekend too, probably following the same protocol of trying maybe half a cap first and assess.

Continuing my tour around first-time nootropic experimenting and looking at another SNS product, I think I'll pick up some Focus XT next. Seems like it could also be applicable for what I'm looking for and it has received many rave reviews. Question on this one: If someone could explain the effects of the caffeine free version in comparison to with caffeine? I obviously know what caffeine feels like in a product, so I'm curious what the effects are outside of the caffeine/theacrine. The caffeine free version is appealing to me in that I would have the flexibility to add caffeine if I want or don't if not. I guess basically what is the effects minus the stims (focus, alertness, etc).
People respond differently to different things. When I think of the word dissociated, I think of like an out of body experience feeling and I definitely don't get that from KannaEase. For me, it helps take the edge off and and helps me not get overwhelmed as easily, or at least focus thru it when I do. And it definitely helps me be more mellowed out and keeps little stuff from bothering me as bad.

For Eria Jarensis, before taking the cap open, I'll tell you that it tastes pretty bad in its pure form haha. So just wanted to prepare you for that. A lot of people use 2 caps of it, so I do think you'd be fine at 1 cap.

Focus XT - Caffeine versus Caffeine Free:
- The Caffeine in Focus XT isn't added just for the sake of putting caffeine in there. Caffeine is actually synergistic with and potentiates the effects of some other nootropic products.
- This potentiation effect is also whey we dose the caffeine at the level that we do. So many people make the mistake of adding too much caffeine or stimulants to their nootropics and wind up overpowering the smooth nootropic effect by 'over stimming it' - I don't mean just with Focus XT but in general. We get asked all the time if we'll do a higher stim Focus XT, and we may because people want one, but I think the caffeine level in this is perfect for most people.
- We make the Caffeine Free version for people that don't want to or can't take caffeine and also for people, like what you mentioned, that like to take caffeine from other source.
- For me personally, I always have a caffeine version flavor open that I use most of the time but then a caffeine free one open that I use when I don't want extra caffeine.

Focus XT is a great product and can be used for so many different applications. A lot of people use it as a nootropic energy drink and many people use it because its pretty much the perfect nootropic base product in that it covers your basic nootropic needs. We get great feedback from students, gamers, nurses, police, fire, EMT's, athletes, people using it as a pre-workout that need to get their mind off the stresses of day to day life and focus on their workouts, and more.

What I mean when I say the perfect nootropic base product is that just like how many people jump to advanced bodybuilding supplements without covering the basics, the same can be said for nootropics - so many people look to go with the most advanced this or that and don't have their bases covered and don't all allow the advanced stuff to work to its full potential bc of that.

StrongGuy

StrongGuy

Awards
People respond differently to different things. When I think of the word dissociated, I think of like an out of body experience feeling and I definitely don't get that from KannaEase. For me, it helps take the edge off and and helps me not get overwhelmed as easily, or at least focus thru it when I do. And it definitely helps me be more mellowed out and keeps little stuff from bothering me as bad.

For Eria Jarensis, before taking the cap open, I'll tell you that it tastes pretty bad in its pure form haha. So just wanted to prepare you for that. A lot of people use 2 caps of it, so I do think you'd be fine at 1 cap.

Focus XT - Caffeine versus Caffeine Free:
- The Caffeine in Focus XT isn't added just for the sake of putting caffeine in there. Caffeine is actually synergistic with and potentiates the effects of some other nootropic products.
- This potentiation effect is also whey we dose the caffeine at the level that we do. So many people make the mistake of adding too much caffeine or stimulants to their nootropics and wind up overpowering the smooth nootropic effect by 'over stimming it' - I don't mean just with Focus XT but in general. We get asked all the time if we'll do a higher stim Focus XT, and we may because people want one, but I think the caffeine level in this is perfect for most people.
- We make the Caffeine Free version for people that don't want to or can't take caffeine and also for people, like what you mentioned, that like to take caffeine from other source.
- For me personally, I always have a caffeine version flavor open that I use most of the time but then a caffeine free one open that I use when I don't want extra caffeine.

Focus XT is a great product and can be used for so many different applications. A lot of people use it as a nootropic energy drink and many people use it because its pretty much the perfect nootropic base product in that it covers your basic nootropic needs. We get great feedback from students, gamers, nurses, police, fire, EMT's, athletes, people using it as a pre-workout that need to get their mind off the stresses of day to day life and focus on their workouts, and more.

What I mean when I say the perfect nootropic base product is that just like how many people jump to advanced bodybuilding supplements without covering the basics, the same can be said for nootropics - so many people look to go with the most advanced this or that and don't have their bases covered and don't all allow the advanced stuff to work to its full potential bc of that.
Yeah the dissociated may not completely describe it for me, definitely not "out of body" more of a disconnected feeling. Not necessarily a bad thing, just kind of muted/calmed emotion I guess. Again, I've only tried it a handful of times and am interested to see how it develops going forward.

Thank you for the explanation of Focus XT. Definitely looks good for a versatile set of situations with a number of benefits. I may just pick of a tub of both, some of those flavors sound pretty damn good and I understand the non-caffeine comes in just the fruit punch which is fine too. Of the examples of types of people with positive feedback actually include three that apply to me lol.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Try one of those Sleep Walker energy shot drinks that have phenibut in them. I believe it's a low dose but just enough to give a positive effect. See how you like that. And then, I would try Delta 8, which is sold at local vape shops.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Try one of those Sleep Walker energy shot drinks that have phenibut in them. I believe it's a low dose but just enough to give a positive effect. See how you like that. And then, I would try Delta 8, which is sold at local vape shops.
He was saying in the first post where he thought Phenibut was more than he wanted to try. I think that's the case for a lot of people. I'm not anti Phenibut at all, I just don't think it lines up with what he's looking for. I don't think Delta 8 is either honestly.

But they may be good suggestions for other people reading.

From personal experience, I like Phenibut every once in awhile for sleep. I do NOT like Delta8; I know a lot of people that do and say it makes them relaxed; it definitely had the reverse effect on me - anxious, frustrated, and just mad - not at anything in particular, just pissed in general haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah the dissociated may not completely describe it for me, definitely not "out of body" more of a disconnected feeling. Not necessarily a bad thing, just kind of muted/calmed emotion I guess. Again, I've only tried it a handful of times and am interested to see how it develops going forward.

Thank you for the explanation of Focus XT. Definitely looks good for a versatile set of situations with a number of benefits. I may just pick of a tub of both, some of those flavors sound pretty damn good and I understand the non-caffeine comes in just the fruit punch which is fine too. Of the examples of types of people with positive feedback actually include three that apply to me lol.
The muted/calmed emotion sounds more like it. In day to day life, I refer to it as my pill that makes me not want to smack stupid people as bad bc I don't let stuff get to me as bad haha.

I think you'll love Focus XT. I like all of the flavors and if you asked my favorite, it might even vary from time to time. Overall, I love Grape Limeade and Blue Raspberry flavors in general, but I've been on my Rocket Pop kick lately. And yeah, the Caffeine Free only comes in Fruit Punch right now, but I do think we may add another flavor to it sometime this year :)

That's awesome to hear about the example feedback matching 3 that apply to you. That'll be cool because you can use it to help in different circumstances and situations and see how you like it in the different ones.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He was saying in the first post where he thought Phenibut was more than he wanted to try. I think that's the case for a lot of people. I'm not anti Phenibut at all, I just don't think it lines up with what he's looking for. I don't think Delta 8 is either honestly.

But they may be good suggestions for other people reading.

From personal experience, I like Phenibut every once in awhile for sleep. I do NOT like Delta8; I know a lot of people that do and say it makes them relaxed; it definitely had the reverse effect on me - anxious, frustrated, and just mad - not at anything in particular, just pissed in general haha.
I was turned off on phenibut too after reading about it.. but I had one of those sleep walker drinks without knowing it had that in it.. and I felt amazing. I think it's a very low dose, that's why I said to try that as an intro to phenibut. I didn't have any side effects, but I also didn't drink one daily.

I'm shocked you had those side effects with delta 8 though. I recently quit vaping it cause the shipping ban and the local stuff I can get sucks lol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was turned off on phenibut too after reading about it.. but I had one of those sleep walker drinks without knowing it had that in it.. and I felt amazing. I think it's a very low dose, that's why I said to try that as an intro to phenibut. I didn't have any side effects, but I also didn't drink one daily.

I'm shocked you had those side effects with delta 8 though. I recently quit vaping it cause the shipping ban and the local stuff I can get sucks lol.
On their website, the Sleep Walker drinks no longer list Phenibut as an ingredient. I'm not sure if its still really in there or not. I thought they changed them and took it out.

I was surprised too about the Delta 8. I to be fair, I tried 2 different brands to make sure it wasn't just something up with the one I tried. It seems to work great for some people, but I'll never take it again and wouldn't suggest it to anyone that gets overwhelmed agitated easily unless they can try their first dose on a day where if need be they can kind of isolate themselves from people. When I took it the first time, I told everyone I was around - look, I realize I'm being a jerk, I'm sorry, I can't help it; please just let me be. It was definitely not a good experience haha.