Looking for suggestions

skeogh

Awards
I have been lurking on here and decided it’s time to introduce myself. I am wanting to do a body recomp I wrestled for 18 years then had a career ending ankle break and it’s taken about 3 years for me to get back into training and my legs have had some serious atrophy after spending 9 months in a cast then the physio..etc.

My question is I am looking to build lean mass and lose some chub what is the best supplements I could stack for this goal?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Welcome!

Would you mind clarifying if you’ve been training the last 3 years, or if now you’re getting back into it. Sorry for misunderstanding.

If the later, take advantage of muscle memory and don’t waste any money on supplements for a while. Secondly, recomping is VERY tough. I, and many others, would say it’s best to pick a goal (gain muscle OR lose fat) and stick with it.

Next, do you know your total daily energy expenditure? If not, search for TDEE Calculator to determine what your caloric intake will need to be based on your goal. I personally start off with 250 calories over or under my TDEE based off of goal.

Lastly, if you’re dead set on picking up something supplement wise, a great product regardless of goal is Ergonine from PES. Multiple recovery agents to help keep training your hardest. If you need assistance on hitting your protein intake goal, I highly suggest PES Select. Great taste, and utilized fast and slow digesting proteins.

Best of luck!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been lurking on here and decided it’s time to introduce myself. I am wanting to do a body recomp I wrestled for 18 years then had a career ending ankle break and it’s taken about 3 years for me to get back into training and my legs have had some serious atrophy after spending 9 months in a cast then the physio..etc.

My question is I am looking to build lean mass and lose some chub what is the best supplements I could stack for this goal?
My compadre! I used to wrestle, and welcome to AM!
Already I known your mindset and ability to take on a routine and stick to it in order to achieve your goal. Nobody does it better than wrestlers when it comes to cutting weight.

The best supplement to start with would be Follidrone 2.0 for 8-12 weeks; dial in your diet and workout regimen and get on it.
I'm in keto and will move into carb cycling in about a month. I'm taking Follidrone 2.0 and Vector. I am in a caloric deficit; losing fat and gaining muscle. I say for you to start with Follidrone 2.0 first for a month, and if you want to incorporate the best natural anabolic available then add in Vector and don't look back.

I'm on my 8th week and lost 11 pounds and like I said, I am gaining muscle in my legs. (I can't do upper body as I crashed my bike, but I can still ride~!) 8 miles one way every day to work. I'll be cleared for the gym real soon, and am looking forward to jumping into the next phase.

What's your routine look like? (Gym)

-M

skeogh

Awards
My compadre! I used to wrestle, and welcome to AM!
Already I known your mindset and ability to take on a routine and stick to it in order to achieve your goal. Nobody does it better than wrestlers when it comes to cutting weight.

The best supplement to start with would be Follidrone 2.0 for 8-12 weeks; dial in your diet and workout regimen and get on it.
I'm in keto and will move into carb cycling in about a month. I'm taking Follidrone 2.0 and Vector. I am in a caloric deficit; losing fat and gaining muscle. I say for you to start with Follidrone 2.0 first for a month, and if you want to incorporate the best natural anabolic available then add in Vector and don't look back.

I'm on my 8th week and lost 11 pounds and like I said, I am gaining muscle in my legs. (I can't do upper body as I crashed my bike, but I can still ride~!) 8 miles one way every day to work. I'll be cleared for the gym real soon, and am looking forward to jumping into the next phase.

What's your routine look like? (Gym)

-M
Thanks man been in the gym 5 days a week hitting a different body part

Monday Back and Traps

Tuesday Chest tris

Wednesday hams and glutes

Thursday Shoulders

Friday Quads Bis and Forearms

I only have like 45 mins to workout on my lunch break so trying to hit the compound lifts then a bit iso work.

My diet has been awful most of my life been cutting and training then it comes to a halt so I went a bit mad with pizza and beer for a bit but I have cleaned it up pretty well.

I have really only used whey protein and creatine as my sports doctor was a total paranoid android when it came to testing.

Sorry to hear that about coming in for your bike man I’m sure you are buzzing to get lifting for you upper body.

Being unable to do something totally scrambled my brain for a bit so I have a total buzz being back in the gym

skeogh

Awards
Nah I was laid up with the injury then heavily depressed so it took till last month to get back in the gym after my time off. I have been coaching MMA but it’s not really the same. I want to gain at the minute my bf is probably on the high teens but I am pretty good at dropping it I just wanna make sure it’s lean weight I am putting on as I have never really been in this position of lifting to build muscle and not having to watch my kcal intake.

I will check out TDEE thanks for the suggestion.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't do both or your going to spin your wheels. Decide to bulk or cut, go from there.