Looking for Preworkout. Haven't taken one in years. So many choices.

Ginowest

Awards
Hey guys,

Help me out because I'm not sure what to pick and I don't like only going off product descriptions. I like anecdotal feedback.

I do (olympic) weightlifting, but because of some inflammation issues (achy joints, acne, puffiness) I switched to a paleo diet, basically all meat and vegetables and a lot less carbs. Most of my issues decreased or went away completely. So I'm not as snappy because of the decrease in carbs for now, maybe my body will adapt after some time.

I usually just drink coffee in the morning, but because I need an extra boost, I'm thinking about buying a preworkout. I just don't know which one. I want a good stimulant kick, focus, and if possible a warming effect for my body because I workout in a somewhat cold garage. I also tend to be a cold person (cold hands and feet during fall, winter and spring). Something that could have a positive effect on explosiveness or strength would also be nice if that's feasible.

A few sugars included in the preworkout is fine as long as it's not excessive. I usually eat a banana before I workout anyways, but that's probably the extent of my sugar intake.

Any recommendations?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
BFF full blitz is a favorite around here. Pretty good stuff. C4 ultimate is a go to of mine, one I keep going back to and never does me wrong.

You’ll get a bunch of suggestions. Most work well enough, mostly comes down to how much caffeine you’re up for.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you are a pure athlete and just want something that is performance/endurance based with an enhancement of stimulants I would suggest these

Stimmed:
Build Fast Formula FullBlitz (More for pump/performance) // Blitz3d (more for focus/energy)
Nutrabio Pre
Ghost Legend
Core Fury
Morphogen Alphagen
Cellucor C4 Ultimate

Pump Agents (Non-Stim) --- you could drink with your coffee instead of a stimmed pre
Build Fast Formula VasoBlitz
Ghost Pump
PES High Volume
Morphogen Volugen
Olympus Lyfestyle No Mercy
CEL VasoForce XT (Pill) // SuperSwole (Powder)

Some key things I would consider looking into for your goal
- 3.2g Beta-Alanine (performance/endurance)
- 5g Creatine Monohydrate (performance, endurance, strength)
- 2g Peak02 (Max V02 output)
- 2g LCLT (Recovery)
- 3-6g L-Citrulline (Performance, delay lactic acid buildup)
- 1.5-2g Nitrates (Performance, Endurance, Recovery)
- 2.5g Betaine (Power/Performance)
- Astragin/Bioperine (increase uptake of ingredients)

Ginowest

Awards
BFF full blitz is a favorite around here. Pretty good stuff. C4 ultimate is a go to of mine, one I keep going back to and never does me wrong.

You’ll get a bunch of suggestions. Most work well enough, mostly comes down to how much caffeine you’re up for.
I just looked up full blitz and saw that it contains yohimbe. I do remember from 7-8 years back that yohimbe doesn't agree with me. It gives me this high blood pressure feeling, don't know if that's just me or if it happens to everybody.

I'll consider C4 though.

Ginowest

Awards
If you are a pure athlete and just want something that is performance/endurance based with an enhancement of stimulants I would suggest these

Stimmed:
Build Fast Formula FullBlitz (More for pump/performance) // Blitz3d (more for focus/energy)
Nutrabio Pre
Ghost Legend
Core Fury
Morphogen Alphagen
Cellucor C4 Ultimate

Pump Agents (Non-Stim) --- you could drink with your coffee instead of a stimmed pre
Build Fast Formula VasoBlitz
Ghost Pump
PES High Volume
Morphogen Volugen
Olympus Lyfestyle No Mercy
CEL VasoForce XT (Pill) // SuperSwole (Powder)

Some key things I would consider looking into for your goal
- 3.2g Beta-Alanine (performance/endurance)
- 5g Creatine Monohydrate (performance, endurance, strength)
- 2g Peak02 (Max V02 output)
- 2g LCLT (Recovery)
- 3-6g L-Citrulline (Performance, delay lactic acid buildup)
- 1.5-2g Nitrates (Performance, Endurance, Recovery)
- 2.5g Betaine (Power/Performance)
- Astragin/Bioperine (increase uptake of ingredients)
Wow, thanks for the info, I'll check those out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TheSolutions list covers most I would recommend as well. I would add in seismic surge by hard rock supplements to the list. One of the best stimmed pre workout products i've tried.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still have tried juiced daddy but feedback has been good. I love seismic surge and we had logs done in here a few months back and everyone enjoyed it. I’ll link them below if you want to see.

Seismic Surge log
https://anabolicminds.com/community/index.php?threads/Seismic-Surge-log-*Sponsored*.318623/

Seismic Surge
https://anabolicminds.com/community/index.php?threads/Seismic-Surge-Sponsored-Log.318689/
Thanks for the logs. I read one of them already. I’m almost through a container of seismic surge. I liked it a lot. It just suppressed my appetite more than any other PWO.

Last edited:
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does Juiced Daddy compare to Seismic Surge?
I prefer juiced daddy personally. The energy and focus was is just unparalleled but surge has great appetite suppression. Plus the bonus is that 3/4 of a serving in either of them gets the job done and stretch the tub much further.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm liking juice daddy, a step up stim wise compared to most pre workouts with caff/yo/theacrine combo, but not as intense as caff/DMAA. Not much appetite suppression. No discernable crash. No cold chill thermogenic effect.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Before you commit to a pre-workout, try a 5hour energy extra, it’s 230mg caffeine and some other goodies...I used one tonite (and often) actually, it gets the job done! This way you can gauge if you like stims...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Before you commit to a pre-workout, try a 5hour energy extra, it’s 230mg caffeine and some other goodies...I used one tonite (and often) actually, it gets the job done! This way you can gauge if you like stims...
^^^ I agree with this ^^^
The new stims are crazy strong.
I hadn't taken one for years, and a friend sent me a couple of samples with a trade we did.
... LOL.
DANG!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^ I agree with this ^^^
The new stims are crazy strong.
I hadn't taken one for years, and a friend sent me a couple of samples with a trade we did.
... LOL.
DANG!
yoooo I forgot about 5 hour energy ! I use to do that when I first started lifting. They give a great rush

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just looked up full blitz and saw that it contains yohimbe. I do remember from 7-8 years back that yohimbe doesn't agree with me. It gives me this high blood pressure feeling, don't know if that's just me or if it happens to everybody.

I'll consider C4 though.
Since you can't handle yohimbe and most of the pre's recommended so far have it and you
mentioned you wanted to feel a kick in energy then stay away from formula's with 200mg or
more of L-Theanine cause you won't feel anything with boat loads of that in a PW.
Take a look at Merica Labs A-BOMB definitely looks good for energy, focus, and pumps also
take a look at Obsessed Labs Relentless definitely has a profile that looks like what your looking
for and 1 to 11/2 scoops should be enough and neither one of these two have Y or L-Theanine
so you'll be good to go. :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yoooo I forgot about 5 hour energy ! I use to do that when I first started lifting. They give a great rush
I've tried them a few times but last time I did I crashed a few hours later. Maybe they have improved the formula now.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
CEL superswole with coffee ! Pump, endurance, more reps, best around in my book