Looking for Online Coach Body transformation goals

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Good day everyone!

I have a co-worker at the fire hall is looking to find a good online coach for a training program as well as nutrition.

He is pretty new to weightlifting and his main goal is an overall body transformation losing fat while ideally gaining muscle.

Who would you guys suggest?

I would guess Thibarmy and meadows would be some options?

Thanks so much!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jason Theobald
Shelby Starnes
John Gorman
Cliff WIlson
Austin Stout
Layne Norton
Kyle Hunt
Alberto Nunez
Eric Helms

Honestly if he is "New" to working out he will make great progress if he learns the fundamentals of tracking calories, progressive overload, and getting down proper form and range of motion. Sticking to something like a 4x U/L Program (Lyle's generic bulking program) and making good food choices will do the trick

There would be no need to drop the money on a higher-end coach for a simple transformation contest when the premise for that individual would be tracking macros and proper execution of movements on a basic training program.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Jason Theobald
Shelby Starnes
John Gorman
Cliff WIlson
Austin Stout
Layne Norton
Kyle Hunt
Alberto Nunez
Eric Helms

Honestly if he is "New" to working out he will make great progress if he learns the fundamentals of tracking calories, progressive overload, and getting down proper form and range of motion. Sticking to something like a 4x U/L Program (Lyle's generic bulking program) and making good food choices will do the trick

There would be no need to drop the money on a higher-end coach for a simple transformation contest when the premise for that individual would be tracking macros and proper execution of movements on a basic training program.
Thank you!

Money isn’t a factor to him, it’s really about someone holding him accountable and helping to get him going. He’d love to have a strict nutrition plan telling him exactly what to eat.

Is that list in order? Would the 2 I said make the list or would they be better for more advanced lifters?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank you!

Money isn’t a factor to him, it’s really about someone holding him accountable and helping to get him going. He’d love to have a strict nutrition plan telling him exactly what to eat.

Is that list in order? Would the 2 I said make the list or would they be better for more advanced lifters?
Well, the issue is there is no one size fits all.
So having him outlined exactly what to eat isn't always optimal. The human body just doesn't work that way.
Anyone can script up some bioscience cookie-cutter meal plan, which does not always mean its the most optimal and efficient plan. Hence why he needs to do some work on what food sources sit well, journal his intake, and then get a foundation on what digests correctly, where his maintenance is, and then adjusts off of that.

He needs to do some of his own homework so he knows his body and how to adjust. The same goes for training on volume, frequency, and what exercises suit him best given he trains with proper form and range of motion.

No particular order on the coaches, but those are all great coaches. He could prob find someone local or just as good for half the price if not cheaper that will give him more attention to detail and longer responses to tailor to his needs. His best advice would be to shoot out some emails to coaches or those he thinks are worth his time, see their response, and gather his own conclusion before making a decision. Any client should be comfortable and be able to fully communicate with his coach and get detailed responses and explanations for what they are doing and why.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Well, the issue is there is no one size fits all.
So having him outlined exactly what to eat isn't always optimal. The human body just doesn't work that way.
Anyone can script up some bioscience cookie-cutter meal plan, which does not always mean its the most optimal and efficient plan. Hence why he needs to do some work on what food sources sit well, journal his intake, and then get a foundation on what digests correctly, where his maintenance is, and then adjusts off of that.

He needs to do some of his own homework so he knows his body and how to adjust. The same goes for training on volume, frequency, and what exercises suit him best given he trains with proper form and range of motion.

No particular order on the coaches, but those are all great coaches. He could prob find someone local or just as good for half the price if not cheaper that will give him more attention to detail and longer responses to tailor to his needs. His best advice would be to shoot out some emails to coaches or those he thinks are worth his time, see their response, and gather his own conclusion before making a decision. Any client should be comfortable and be able to fully communicate with his coach and get detailed responses and explanations for what they are doing and why.
As always thank you for your detailed and very helpful response.

I’ve been saying very similar things to him. He’s a super nice guy so I’m just trying to get anything extra I can to help him out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would think with these goals he is a Gym Member, find a trainer/coach at his gym and get some recommendation from people who have used this coach for similar results to his goal.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I would think with these goals he is a Gym Member, find a trainer/coach at his gym and get some recommendation from people who have used this coach for similar results to his goal.
Nope unfortunately no gym membership. He works out at our fire station gym

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nope unfortunately no gym membership. He works out at our fire station gym
OK, @The Solution you taking on any new clients ???

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I’ve taking some of @The Solution advice. I’ve found a basic 3 day plan for my friend to start. Trying to give home some basic food tips and we will track how he’s doing and go from there. I appreciate you guys helping!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer