Unanswered Looking for Info on Chromium

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Considering adding Chromium to my GDA/Nutrient Partitioning Stack.

Notice common forms are either Chromium Picolinate or Chromium "Chelate" which I've seen chelated to different proteins. Is either form considered/proven superior to another? If so does anyone know to what degree? *-edit I also believe the Chromium Chelate is referred to as "Chromium GTF" sometimes*

Also looking for any recommended dosing for it. Anyone have any literature on dosing? Can't find anything concrete, Seems to swing between 200-1000mcg. I notice most pills range from 200-500mcg. Also notice most GDAs tend to have it dosed at about 250mcg average. But I also find most GDA's tend to have ingredients not necessarily in full doses. I usually like to dose NA R Ala at 300mg. Agmatine at 1g, Ceylon Cinnamon at 3g and Banaba at 9mg Corsolic acid totals.

Also, not being the most scientifically intelligent person, is it possible for Chromium to not be the most optimal thing taken near workouts if one is of that "camp"? Aka, not taking Berberine near work outs due to mTOR issues and not taking ALA near workouts due to high anti-oxidant properties. Does chromium work in some way that would cause it to be better dosed not near your work out? And yes I do know generally these types of supplements are as necessarily needed post work out but there are times in which I do smash 300-400g of carbs post workout in a cheat meal.

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I honestly wouldn’t really go out of my way to add it in. If it’s in a GDA or product I’m using that’s fine but I don’t feel the effects or evidence is strong enough that I’m seeking it out.

Honestly I don’t think cheat meals are the best place for GDAs (and it depends on ingredients and moa of those ingredients), but I’d just have my cheats and move on. 🤷‍♂️

If you do end up picking some up look at the actual chromium content, not the weight of the entire complex. 1000 micro grams would be the absolute max and you’d probably be best at around 100-300 micro grams of actual chromium. Just don’t expect a ton from it.

Reactions: Em3

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I honestly wouldn’t really go out of my way to add it in. If it’s in a GDA or product I’m using that’s fine but I don’t feel the effects or evidence is strong enough that I’m seeking it out.

Honestly I don’t think cheat meals are the best place for GDAs (and it depends on ingredients and moa of those ingredients), but I’d just have my cheats and move on. 🤷‍♂️

If you do end up picking some up look at the actual chromium content, not the weight of the entire complex. 1000 micro grams would be the absolute max and you’d probably be best at around 100-300 micro grams of actual chromium. Just don’t expect a ton from it.
I ended up picking some up off amazon. Quite inexpensive compared to most other GDA type ingredients.

When you refer to the statement about the actual chromium content and not the weight, what do you mean exactly? I'm slightly confused or maybe I'm missing something that certain companies do.

After comparing prices and quality I went with NOW's brand since I find them to be reputable and trustworthy and they at the same time had a terrific value. I purchased their "GTF Chromium" which is essentially Chelated Chromium. Each tablet is listed at 200mcg with the %daily value next to it reading 571% each.

Was planning dosing it up to 400mcg per dose with a max daily dose of up to 800mcg. I'm assuming maybe when you said the "weight of the entire complex" maybe you were referring to multiple ingredient blends that maybe don't list the specific chromium amount?

Thank you

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I ended up picking some up off amazon. Quite inexpensive compared to most other GDA type ingredients.

When you refer to the statement about the actual chromium content and not the weight, what do you mean exactly? I'm slightly confused or maybe I'm missing something that certain companies do.

After comparing prices and quality I went with NOW's brand since I find them to be reputable and trustworthy and they at the same time had a terrific value. I purchased their "GTF Chromium" which is essentially Chelated Chromium. Each tablet is listed at 200mcg with the %daily value next to it reading 571% each.

Was planning dosing it up to 400mcg per dose with a max daily dose of up to 800mcg. I'm assuming maybe when you said the "weight of the entire complex" maybe you were referring to multiple ingredient blends that maybe don't list the specific chromium amount?

Thank you
Yes essentially what I meant.

So if it’s chromium chelate there’s a certain amount providing you 200mcg in this situation.

Now is reputable and does some good labels so they list the amount properly like that. You should be good with 1-2 of those per day, but you could play around with a little more (again I probably not go above 1000mcg).

Hopefully that makes sense and I can be confusing so sorry if I was.

Reactions: Em3