Looking for gym shoes - Cross Fit shoes question

ybg

Awards
As the title says, I am looking for new gym shoes.

To be specific, I am not looking for lifting shoes, I would like something that would be easy to walk in and provide a solid base for some lifts.

During the last decade in the gym, I have been wearing my old dunks, vandals and the like which were decent for squatting/deadlifting. These days I am walking to and from the gym and I find a pair that I am currently wearing to be a bit stiff and not so comfortable for the 15 min. walk to the gym.

My question is about some shoes that I recently found (online, haven't tried anything yet) that are "Cross Fit rated" lol. A couple examples are Nike Metcon, Reebok Nano 9 etc.

Has anyone tried them or wears them in the gym? Do you think that they would fit for what I need them? If yes, please suggest some popular shoes that I should try.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wear Nanos for most of my training. Very solid option for something a bit more "all around" that you can lift heavy in (I routinely squat and deadlift in them at loads over 400lbs no issues) and do even short running in (400m repeats).

Honestly it will depend a bit on your feet (narrow, wide, etc.) for which is best, but there are lots of options nowadays. If you don't mind video reviews check out As Many Reviews As Possible. He breaks down pretty much all new shoes of this "style" which may help in decision making.

I usually buy mine cheap, buy last years model when on sale. Reebok is 40% off outlet right now (I think, idk they always are having sales) so you can get Nano 9s for $60-70.

Reactions: ybg
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Love the Reebok Legacy Lifters.

Have had my pair for the last year,...Holding up great, very solid/sturdy!

*Update, re-read your post...Dont think you’re gonna wanna walk 15 min outdoors in the legacy’s (although I do elliptical cardio with them just fine)

It’s certainly a compromise you’re looking to make with an actual lifting shoe that can do cardio etc...

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My flat feet love the Metcons in and out of the gym. Whatever you get, last years mode for 1/2 price is the way to go.

ybg

Awards
Thank you all for the replies. I didn’t realize that this kind of shoes was so popular. I ended up getting the Nano X due to limited size availability of other models.