Looking for guidance

rah19

Member
Ill try to keep this short but my names Andy. I have worked out most of my life and always stayed fit but just about a month and a half ago I decided I'm done being skinny. It's time to bulk

I know what I need to do and the patience it's going to take. All I need help with is my diet. Basically I'm a us marine at school so I'm limited to certain things.

I have a microwave and fridge in my room. We have a chow hall that always serves good food but there's alot of times we don't get enough time for me to eat like a horse.

My diet right now consists of eggs (3 or 4), fruit, yogurt, potatoes, and granola cereal. Lunch usually whatever I can get at the chow hall. Chicken, rice or noodles, whatever vegetable I can get, and a pb sandwich. Dinner is almost always a ham, turkey, bacon, salami, pepperoni, and provolone sub. (The sub girl hooks me up) a bag of chips and fruit. I always try to get some muscle tech mass gainer in there. Before I go to bed I usually eat 2 packets of oatmeal and an apple.

That's a typical day. I feel like I'm ready to have a strict diet plan but need help on what things Are a must to eat, pre workout post and anytime, also what I can eat being limited on cooking and time. Supplement suggestions too. If you guys need more info just ask. I really would appreciate some help.
 
Try and get more eggs. Like 8-10 yolk and all, and as much protein as you can, another idea is every meal try and drink about a quart of whole milk, that really helped me with gaining, you have a good mindset, it takes time and lots of patience. Good luck!
 
Just eat as many/much whole foods as you can. I understand your diet can't be flawless. Don't get hung up on macro ratios, use it as a guideline. Carbs are you friends (sweet potatoes, rice, pasta, bread) and good fats are your friend as well (nuts, meat, oils ect)

Protein-1g/lb of bw
Fat-.5+/lb
Carbs- the rest of your intake

People will have so many different offers for different diets blah blah blah. To be honest, if you're in school and have limited access to what you can eat, just eat what you can try to keep it healthy. Bulking is simple=eat in a caloric surplus. If you get fat, increase your intensity in the gym or back off the cals just a tad. Switching from 97/3 to 80/20 ground beef and 1% to whole milk helps increase cals

Start with protein and creatine if you haven't already. Grab a prewo or whatever. Shop at Nutraplanet. **** your PX's GNC.
 
Sean1332 is right on point especially since your selection is spread in front of you. PBnJ go a long way to add overall calories and is a decent fat (depending on brand). That surplus only needs ya to store away more food from the hall. Hardest thing wont be deciding, its the actual eating the calories needed. Hope that helps a lil bit
 
That helps alot guys thank you. Helps narrow down some foods I've been lacking and should eat. I forgot to mention maybe you guys can give me some insight on my supplements. I'm using c4 extreme for a pre which I absolutely love, I mentioned the muscle tech mass tech gainer, GNC mega men multivitamin, GNC amplified creatine 189, and fish oil capsules.
 
That helps alot guys thank you. Helps narrow down some foods I've been lacking and should eat. I forgot to mention maybe you guys can give me some insight on my supplements. I'm using c4 extreme for a pre which I absolutely love, I mentioned the muscle tech mass tech gainer, GNC mega men multivitamin, GNC amplified creatine 189, and fish oil capsules.

Personally, I would get absolutely as many of the cals, from "real food" and not powders. Full grains, fruits veggies and meats. You might be surprised how much can blend up too. Only powders as a supplemental meal.
 
Back
Top