Looking for Electrolyte product

josun

Awards
  • Established
I'm working in Arizona doing construction. Can you guys recommend me any good sups out there? I've been cramping up really bad this week

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven't personally tried it but I've heard Superhuman Hydration by Alpha Lion has great taste and quality is good.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I go to either Walmart or doller general and buy the sugar free hydration stix, there the little single serving stick you add to a water bottle. I fill up a gallon jug with water and add 3 stix and I drink that during my work day, then another 1/2-1 gallon after work without the electrolytes in it.

A box of those stix costs $1-2

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I work construction, I box and lift weights, on top of a 48-56 hour work week I'm typically in the gym 6 days a week and some of those workouts are up to 2 hours long.

No hydration issues for me doing what I mentioned above

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm working in Arizona doing construction. Can you guys recommend me any good sups out there? I've been cramping up really bad this week
Check out Keto Lytes HP. Nothing on the market comes close. It's the GOAT.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Check out Keto Lytes HP. Nothing on the market comes close. It's the GOAT.

I will concur with this statement. That is HANDS DOWN the best electrolyte product I have seen in all my years. I have yet to try it but if that tastes decent, and I am sure it tastes good, that alone is a feat with what is in there.

I am currently on:
stacked with
stacked with
stacked with
gotta love that "ALL PINK" am I right???

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are sweating enough to be cramping, Keto Lytes is what you want, no questions. Works awesome.

Tastes better when you down it in a small bottle/shaker of water, vs adding to a big jug/gallon.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I work construction, I box and lift weights, on top of a 48-56 hour work week I'm typically in the gym 6 days a week and some of those workouts are up to 2 hours long.

Yea but you're a machine and he's human ;) jk The gallon of water jug with hydration stick would definitely be the most cost effective approach for sure.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yea but you're a machine and he's human ;) jk The gallon of water jug with hydration stick would definitely be the most cost effective approach for sure.
Ya, I use to buy hydration type supplements but I was going through a canister per week so this became my solution, that and adding some extra salt to meals.

But before I would even suggest a electrolyte supplement or a hydration powder or whatever. I would ask the person are you drinking over a gallon of water per day every day, because if your not then the supplements or hydration stix or whatever you choose is probably a waste. Get your water intake up first, then add the supplements

josun

Awards
  • Established

Wow that’s pretty impressive. What state are u you in ? Because working in this Arizona heat is now joke. It’s been a 108 + all week

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Wow that’s pretty impressive. What state are u you in ? Because working in this Arizona heat is now joke. It’s been a 108 + all week
I'm in Connecticut, it's definitely not as hot as Arizona lol, but during the summer there's plenty of days where we're in the high 90s to 100°, I also sometimes have to wear tyvek suits and I would imagine it's well over a hundred degrees inside of that suit because when you take it off you are soaked through to your socks and boxers

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in Connecticut, it's definitely not as hot as Arizona lol, but during the summer there's plenty of days where we're in the high 90s to 100°, I also sometimes have to wear tyvek suits and I would imagine it's well over a hundred degrees inside of that suit because when you take it off you are soaked through to your socks and boxers
It's the ~80 degree days with 80%+ humidity that are killer here in CT... those days when you walk outside and you already feel 'wet' within 4 steps out the door.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

@Smont do you think it would be a good idea to add eea's to that mix? I'm working the same shift and I the gym the same ( minus the mma)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's the ~80 degree days with 80%+ humidity that are killer here in CT... those days when you walk outside and you already feel 'wet' within 4 steps out the door.
That’s how training in the garage was here this afternoon in IL. Only 83* outside, but heavy humidity had my shirt totally soaked through in 15 minutes with the higher index. Soon as bench was done I took it off, and wore very loose wrist wraps from then on just to catch all the sweat from running into my hands. Lost a crazy amount of water in only 75 minutes, in the shade with fans on me no less.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Smont do you think it would be a good idea to add eea's to that mix? I'm working the same shift and I the gym the same ( minus the mma)
I often put eaa in mine, idk if it makes a big difference or not. I usually throw 10gm eaa in that gallon and at the end of the work day il have about 2 cups of the mixture left. If Im gonna go to the gym il drink that with a extra scoop of eaa, if I'm not going to the gym il throw the gallon jug with the remainder of that stuff in the freezer so that the next day when I do it there's a frozen block of ice at the bottom

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here too .....
But thankfully, only about 10 months of the year.
o_O(y):cool:
It's weird though, every time I'm down in Florida I feel like it's only humid at a certain time of day. I'll get that midday rain and then it gets humid for a couple hours. Where I live the humidity just seems to be there all day.

The only thing I like about CT weather is that it constantly changing. We really get all 4 seasons

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think every time I've been to Florida there was at least 1 shower every single day lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's weird though, every time I'm down in Florida I feel like it's only humid at a certain time of day. I'll get that midday rain and then it gets humid for a couple hours. Where I live the humidity just seems to be there all day.

The only thing I like about CT weather is that it constantly changing. We really get all 4 seasons
LOL ... I wish that were the case here (in South Florida).
But it's humid all night and day long, here.
:-(

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
LOL ... I wish that were the case here (in South Florida).
But it's humid all night and day long, here.
:-(
.... But we're catching a break right now ....
It is 10:32pm, and the humidity is only 77% at the moment.
LOL

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think every time I've been to Florida there was at least 1 shower every single day lol
That's a for sure for me. I just sweat too easily when it's humid outside :(

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ketolyes formula is really good but I hate the way it turns my water viscous. When I take it, I just throw half a scoop on my mouth down it. Do that twice a day, in the morning (7AM) after my morning workout, and in the afternoon (1pm). I work 7-7 lifting and moving cardio outside down in Georgia.

I just recently got some Ghost Hydration sticks in and will see how they workout tomorrow

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ketolyes formula is really good but I hate the way it turns my water viscous. When I take it, I just throw half a scoop on my mouth down it. Do that twice a day, in the morning (7AM) after my morning workout, and in the afternoon (1pm). I work 7-7 lifting and moving cardio outside down in Georgia.

I just recently got some Ghost Hydration sticks in and will see how they workout tomorrow
There is 12gms of ingredients (which is fully loaded hence why so much powder) hence why no such product can compete with it. :)
...thus need adequate water.

32oz is perfect and will produce a clear drink. Can also chug with less water or add to your pre-workout. I chug 1 to 2 scoops pre-workout and also sip all day. I make a bunch in the fridge. See pic.
20200211_162229.jpg