Unanswered Looking for a Supplement Recommendation

Chrysalides

Awards
Been reading a bunch on here and looking for recommendations on supplements to give me an edge in the gym. I realize this gets asked a thousand times but hoping to narrow the options. 40 yrs old, 6'/180 lbs, upper/lower split 3-4 x wk in the evenings alternating with HIIT type workouts on off days, light cardio and yoga in the mornings. Telling you all this so it is clear I'm not looking to be a bodybuilder bit rather maintain well rounded fitness in the second half of my life. Recovery takes longer these days and gains are slow. Illegal and gray market is out due to work, wife , kids etc and don't want to wreck my hormones. Could I get anything from epiandrosterone or natural booster to give me a personal edge? Any recommendations for products, dosing, etc? Thanks in advance.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Considering your focus and goals, I would recommend Folidrone by black lion research. Tons of logs and positive reviews on this forum. Its all natural and can be run year around. I am not a rep for any company.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What does your diet look like?
How consistent are you with your diet?
Are you eating for your goals?

If recovery is taking longer, and the gains are very slow.. How much time are you devoting to proper sleep, stretching, rumble rolling, or taking care of your body!?

How is your bloodwork? Is your testosterone levels coming back in check? If they are on the low side this could be an underlying issue.

Start there before you take any additional supplement, pill, or powder, or else you won't get the results you desire if you can not "Supplement" a good diet and training program

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d look into CEL Anabolic Edge if you want something that may help with recovery, strength and endurance. I do very “well rounded” training as well and really enjoyed my use of the product.

Chrysalides

Awards
What does your diet look like?
How consistent are you with your diet?
Are you eating for your goals?

If recovery is taking longer, and the gains are very slow.. How much time are you devoting to proper sleep, stretching, rumble rolling, or taking care of your body!?

How is your bloodwork? Is your testosterone levels coming back in check? If they are on the low side this could be an underlying issue.

Start there before you take any additional supplement, pill, or powder, or else you won't get the results you desire if you can not "Supplement" a good diet and training program
Sage advice - I eat healthy, mostly what I kill or grow but likely don't eat enough and largely plant based. Struggle sleeping through the night and have tried various things from mindfulness to kratom. Yoga 2x week typically and yoga for me is mostly stretching, I'm no guru.

Blood work is on the list of things to do, been lethargic, low motivation, and little aches/pain of late. Physical screen came back fine except for slightly elevated LDL. What do I ask for on hormone screen?

All that said, I'm not a fitness enthusiast but rather exercise to enjoy my hobbies. Could be doing everything wrong.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Considering your focus and goals, I would recommend Folidrone by black lion research. Tons of logs and positive reviews on this forum. Its all natural and can be run year around. I am not a rep for any company.
Very good recommendation here. Follidrone 2.0 (FD2) has been used by many well respected members here on AM with great results!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very good recommendation here. Follidrone 2.0 (FD2) has been used by many well respected members here on AM with great results!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sage advice - I eat healthy, mostly what I kill or grow but likely don't eat enough and largely plant based. Struggle sleeping through the night and have tried various things from mindfulness to kratom. Yoga 2x week typically and yoga for me is mostly stretching, I'm no guru.

Blood work is on the list of things to do, been lethargic, low motivation, and little aches/pain of late. Physical screen came back fine except for slightly elevated LDL. What do I ask for on hormone screen?

All that said, I'm not a fitness enthusiast but rather exercise to enjoy my hobbies. Could be doing everything wrong.
Well if you don't eat enough don't expect to be making gains or getting an "edge" in the gym, it will be impossible if you don't reach a proper caloric allotment for optimal training. The same can be said if you don't get enough sleep which will limit overall recovery.

Yes ask for a hormone panel from the doc or you can do one online yourself but you would have to pay out of pocket (unsure of your insurance) if test levels come back subpar/low then there is another culprit to the big picture.

This is why I ask these questions if someone can't eat enough food for their goal, Taking a pill won't be the miracle, and it will be more money wasted in the big picture. You have to make sure your body is firing on all cylinders (proper bloodwork), getting adequate sleep, and providing yourself with a adequate nutrition. If you can't get all your ducks in a row what good is it to "Supplement" a lackluster diet and subpar hormone profile? Can it help? Sure maybe a bit, but you won't get your full benefit out of your purchase. You need to take care of home base first.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’d definitely recommend looking into CEL Anabolic Effect and/or Anafuse.