Long term aromasin/ai usage? Dangers?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So currently on 180 mgs test c for my cruise. Been taking 6.25 mg aromasin 3x a week. Keeps my test levels ar 1100 and e2 at 29. Without it I hold water and get puffy nips.

Bf is low and diet is in check. Just wondering what the dangers are of running an ai for long term. I've been using it for almost 8 months now. What harm am I doing to my body?

I plan on dropping test to 150mg and trying to get off the ai. How should I go about that? Slowly taper my ai dosage or come off cold turkey?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So, the medication is about 20 years old and primarily used in breast cancer patients, which can cause some issues in collecting long term data, particularly in men, but the data so far support the notion that the long term effects are more a result of chronically low estrogen than anything inherently “bad” in the medication.

Dropping your estrogen too low for too long will cause a myriad of bone, joint, heart, and liver issues, which is why regular bloodwork is important.

From what I can find, there’s nothing that immediately jumps out as worrying compared to the long term use of many other medications.

However, there is always the bogeyman of where your source is getting their chems from, and if it’s contaminated with any heavy metals. Over time, those kind of things can cause some pretty serious issues.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tha
So, the medication is about 20 years old and primarily used in breast cancer patients, which can cause some issues in collecting long term data, particularly in men, but the data so far support the notion that the long term effects are more a result of chronically low estrogen than anything inherently “bad” in the medication.

Dropping your estrogen too low for too long will cause a myriad of bone, joint, heart, and liver issues, which is why regular bloodwork is important.

From what I can find, there’s nothing that immediately jumps out as worrying compared to the long term use of many other medications.

However, there is always the bogeyman of where your source is getting their chems from, and if it’s contaminated with any heavy metals. Over time, those kind of things can cause some pretty serious issues.
Thanks bro what you advise I do. Dropping my test to 175 mg this week then 150 next week. Should I stop the ai all together then get bloods or taper off?

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You could get bloodwork done now. It’d probably take a couple weeks to see any big changes in levels depending on what you’re testing for. You can lower the AI as you move down your test if you want to. I don’t know how fast you get gyno symptoms or acne, but stopping immediately wouldn’t do any major harm I imagine.

You might get some mood swings if you stop completely until you find a test level you can manage without an AI. Some people just aromatize too strongly to not need a small dose occasionally.

Again, I wouldn’t worry too much about your aromasin usage if your labs are good. Cancer patients take 25mg every day for years, and many still manage to do ok.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You could get bloodwork done now. It’d probably take a couple weeks to see any big changes in levels depending on what you’re testing for. You can lower the AI as you move down your test if you want to. I don’t know how fast you get gyno symptoms or acne, but stopping immediately wouldn’t do any major harm I imagine.

You might get some mood swings if you stop completely until you find a test level you can manage without an AI. Some people just aromatize too strongly to not need a small dose occasionally.

Again, I wouldn’t worry too much about your aromasin usage if your labs are good. Cancer patients take 25mg every day for years, and many still manage to do ok.
^This, it’s been studies with continuing use for over 7 yrs without any long term issues. It might be better to not use a AI at all but I wouldn’t sweat it if you do.

Reactions: Nac

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tha

Thanks bro what you advise I do. Dropping my test to 175 mg this week then 150 next week. Should I stop the ai all together then get bloods or taper off?
You don’t need to taper from 200 to 150. Ive had a couple times over the years where I missed a dose entirely and went 2 weeks between shots, didn’t notice any negative sides.

If you’re trying to find the ideal dose without taking an AI, maybe drop it down to 100mg/week then slowly increase it until you find that point.

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you’re trying to find the ideal dose without taking an AI, maybe drop it down to 100mg/week then slowly increase it until you find that point.
Yes this is what I'd do. It does require some time and patience but if you value the idea of no AI whilst running as much test (and only test, no DHTs during the trial period) as possible then the investment will pay off. Ideally you'll be at a reasonably low bodyfat level (for me that would be under 15% for a male).