Long Cycles VS Short Cycles

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I realize that there are advantages of both long and short cycles. I have experience in both and think there is a time and place for both. I dont think 1 is completely superior. I want to hear from you guys what you prefer and why. What is easier or harder for each and so on.

I mainly want your opinion on which overall seems easier to retain gains, and include oral only cycles. I know life can get in the way of retaining or claiming gains but just your overall opinion.

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
Great question! in for debate.
My longest cycle was 6,5 weeks, dont really know if it yelded more gains/results then my 4 week cycles
Ive startet to think about a longer cycle since a full pct is a full pct No matter if it is a 4weeker or 8

And pct is the most expensive part of it, i would like to get most cycle out of my pct if you see where im going with this?
Sorry about my english

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I guess I pick the cycle length based on my goals. If I want to put on around 10 pounds of muscle in 4-5 weeks I would run Sdrol/PPlex/DMZ 2.0 etc. If I want to lean out I would run a hormone easier on my body and go 7-8 weeks such as using hdrol, epistane etc. Both are fun but if I had to pick one is the 7-8 week ones since it last longer lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My longest cycle was 6,5 weeks, dont really know if it yelded more gains/results then my 4 week cycles
Ive startet to think about a longer cycle since a full pct is a full pct No matter if it is a 4weeker or 8

And pct is the most expensive part of it, i would like to get most cycle out of my pct if you see where im going with this?
Sorry about my english
U can get clomid or nolva for 30-50 bucks, how is that the most expensive part of your cycle?

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
Because i use all sorts of otc boosters, (kings blood, testify, epi-, laxo) cortisol management, mk-677 and I use cycle support in pct with nolva

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
U can get clomid or nolva for 30-50 bucks, how is that the most expensive part of your cycle?
Unfortunately most of the people on here stack multiple bottles of test boosters and OTC PCT products on top of their SERM. That's where all of the money disappears...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Because i use all sorts of otc boosters, (kings blood, testify, epi-, laxo) cortisol management, mk-677 and I use cycle support in pct with nolva
Your serm is your PCT, nothing else you listed is, they're just supplements that you happen to be running the same time as your PCT

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Unfortunately most of the people on here stack multiple bottles of test boosters and OTC PCT products on top of their SERM. That's where all of the money disappears...
I see that

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
So yhea in my post op top i talked about all the stuff used ( i use) in pct on top of the clomid and/or nolva
How do you guys like your cycles?

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
Your serm is your PCT, nothing else you listed is, they're just supplements that you happen to be running the same time as your PCT
Respectfully disagree. There are multiple aspects of a PCT and not just a SERM... Yes, a serm is one part but it is NOT the entire PCT. Natty test boosters, natural anabolics, cortisol control, all have their place in a pct to enhance libido and maintain gains made during your cycle. Cortisol is a common thing people overlook to kill their hard earned gains from on cycle. And idk about you, but i love my libido and having a product like M TEST in pct with a serm vs having just a serm is a huge difference!

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
7-8 weeks isn't a long cycle. To people that only run orals it is, but in the real world of AAS, anything less than 10 weeks is a short cycle.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think there can be a strategy difference depending on whether you PCT, or blast-cruise. Its tempting and convenient to think of "cycles" as definitive blocks of time, especially with the former. But with b-c things can become more fluid and less black and white.

So in saying that, a b-c over the long term shouldnt necessarily be about "lots of gear" then "trt", but based on what the long term goal is, how will you most effectively and efficiently approach that goal, and how can you do so most safely.

Psychological preferences aside, this longterm strategy will innevitably involve periods of high use, periods of low use, and everything in-between. The key idea being fluidity when transitioning: blast-cruise neednt be looked at as dramatic time blocks a la cycle-PCT.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I think the cut of/gray area for some compounds is a short cycle 2-12 weeks and long cycle is 10-weeks to 10 years

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think the cut of/gray area for some compounds is a short cycle 2-12 weeks and long cycle is 10-weeks to 10 years
Yeah, and this demonstrates the tediousness of the cycle-length argument when you blast-cruise: some guys are adamant that a blast is anything exceeding clinical trt doses. You cruising on 300mg test per wk? Umm no!

Fuk that argument, its too short-sighted and diverts attention away from the real discussion.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I think there can be a strategy difference depending on whether you PCT, or blast-cruise. Its tempting and convenient to think of "cycles" as definitive blocks of time, especially with the former. But with b-c things can become more fluid and less black and white.

So in saying that, a b-c over the long term shouldnt necessarily be about "lots of gear" then "trt", but based on what the long term goal is, how will you most effectively and efficiently approach that goal, and how can you do so most safely.

Psychological preferences aside, this longterm strategy will innevitably involve periods of high use, periods of low use, and everything in-between. The key idea being fluidity when transitioning: blast-cruise neednt be looked at as dramatic time blocks a la cycle-PCT.
I want to take this ^^^ type of thought and expand it. Maybe someone ran 4 Dbol cycles and kept the 40lbs of muscle he packed on in 1 Year..I don't know but It's a good debate

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want to take this ^^^ type of thought and expand it. Maybe someone ran 4 Dbol cycles and kept the 40lbs of muscle he packed on in 1 Year..I don't know but It's a good debate
Well yeah thats one possibility, but my immediate thought is, are 4 dbol cycles really the most efficient way of putting on x-lbs in x-months?

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Well yeah thats one possibility, but my immediate thought is, are 4 dbol cycles really the most efficient way of putting on x-lbs in x-months?
Exactly what I want to discuss what is BETTER in most areas, results, health, lengevity ect

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly what I want to discuss what is BETTER in most areas, results, health, lengevity ect
Im not sure how to answer that. I know what Im prepared to tolerate for myself, and that is likely to change over time. And its not a fixed target anyway.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Im not sure how to answer that. I know what Im prepared to tolerate for myself, and that is likely to change over time. And its not a fixed target anyway.
I'm basing my bi est on my best 1.5 years out of years of cycling. So 50% science 30% personal experience and 20% bull****ttt

edsd

Awards
Respectfully disagree. There are multiple aspects of a PCT and not just a SERM... Yes, a serm is one part but it is NOT the entire PCT. Natty test boosters, natural anabolics, cortisol control, all have their place in a pct to enhance libido and maintain gains made during your cycle. Cortisol is a common thing people overlook to kill their hard earned gains from on cycle. And idk about you, but i love my libido and having a product like M TEST in pct with a serm vs having just a serm is a huge difference!
i totally agree when it comes to things like Cortisol but isnt there some all in one products or OTC PTC products you can just stack with nolva or clomid.

edsd

Awards
i think it completely depends in general though on what you are taking. Longer test only cycles are bees knees, you can even toss in an oral to jump start or close out the cycle but there are also a lot of things you can do with a short 4-6 week oral only cycle. I think the big variable is what you taking and what your goal is.

edsd

Awards
40 pounds of water :), walking around like a giant water balloon.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Long cycles work better than short cycles but blast and cruise works the best of all.

Try not to think in terms of "I'm in this camp". It just depends on your goals, your genetics & most of all, how disciplined you are going to be while cycling. I swear up and down I did more in 4 days of DNP use while in contest prep than I've seen many people do in 8-12 weeks of work. No joke, got pictures to prove it too.

So your discipline can help you shorten the cycles up. That said, I like to think of health and longevity as something mutually exclusive to length of cycle. What matters more than length is 1) compounds being used, 2) at what dose, 3) what supplements are being implemented, 4) diet, diet, diet & 5) pre-existing medical conditions and/or genetics.

A test-only cycle @ 400mg/wk ran for 24 weeks could easily have less health consequences than a test/tren/eq cycle @ 1-1.5g/wk total for 12 weeks.

And regarding cortisol, did any of you know that chronically high levels of T can increase cortisol? So as long as sleep and calories are present, cortisol should not remain alarmingly high in PCT and in many cases will decrease once the test levels come down to physiological levels.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I realize that there are advantages of both long and short cycles. I have experience in both and think there is a time and place for both. I dont think 1 is completely superior. I want to hear from you guys what you prefer and why. What is easier or harder for each and so on.

I mainly want your opinion on which overall seems easier to retain gains, and include oral only cycles. I know life can get in the way of retaining or claiming gains but just your overall opinion.
personally, I'm a big fan of 8 weeks.... while longer can lead to better gains, I think for planning purposes, 8 weeks is just easier.

pretty much anybody can train hard, eat clean and lay off the booze for 8 weeks. easy to plan in between holidays, etc....

plus, some of us are trying to stay under the radar, and don't want to gain a ton of muscle rapidly lest family and co-workers start asking question we don't want to deal with.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, from effectiveness standpoint, it's mainly dieting and compound rotation that determines how long a cycle will remain effective. We could dive into priming again to understand that more but I digress the subject.

But otherwise, the only reason I could imagine going with shorter cycles is because of 1) health, 2) cost, 3) some sort of time constraint due to drug testing, traveling, etc. or as mentioned above some level of practicality in the dieting, although I would encourage people to diet well year round if I had my way.

All of those variables ^^^ are wildly different from person to person so logically the perfect length cycle varies.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
personally, I'm a big fan of 8 weeks.... while longer can lead to better gains, I think for planning purposes, 8 weeks is just easier.

pretty much anybody can train hard, eat clean and lay off the booze for 8 weeks. easy to plan in between holidays, etc....

plus, some of us are trying to stay under the radar, and don't want to gain a ton of muscle rapidly lest family and co-workers start asking question we don't want to deal with.
This brings up a good point about lifestyle. I was going to vote that longer 4-6 month cycles are better, and I still might but having a hectic lifestyle would limit you to short cycles if you wanted to be smart about it. I just finished what was going to be a 4.5 month cycle on week 12 cuz life got in the way.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards

Sorry about my english
This ^^^ is a Q I'd like to know from the guys that do 6 on 8 off with a PCT doesn't that cost alot more. The average calculation is for every $100 you spend on gear , you spend $300 more on ancillaries and PCT if your being healthy

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
This ^^^ is a Q I'd like to know from the guys that do 6 on 8 off with a PCT doesn't that cost alot more. The average calculation is for every $100 you spend on gear , you spend $300 more on ancillaries and PCT if your being healthy
Yes it cost alot, but most of the natty supps used in pct is run most of the off cycle time anyway, so its not that much more expensive, cycling is sometimes cheaper then the natty stack seen on this forum

I am planing a 6 week trest oral and transdermal with stenbolone

What i have not decided yet, is if i wonna run longer with trest and a nonmethyl and use the stenbolone as a finisher or in the begining
And if running sten first the rest of the cycle will probably just feel weak and not constructiv?

If i exspend the cycle after stenbolone im thinking about trest, epiandro and 11kt to harden and selectivly lower cortisol at the end of cycle to smooth in to pct?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For myself, I usually need 3-4 weeks to get my diet @ 95% of where it needs to be, so doing a 6 weeker almost seems pointless. But I use oils exclusively now and money isn't a concern at the moment so I can rotate multiple compounds and I don't spare myself the fancy stuff either - I gleefully implement GH, MK, Primo, Mast, MENT, etc and Aromasin, insulin as needed, T4/T3. Granted, I don't take large doses of anything but rather take the approach of having a complete cycle because it works better and allows for much greater gains in the long run.

When you have options and a neverending budget for this stuff, longer cycles are the way to go and opting for more complete anabolic cycles that include 3 to 4 different pathways to enhance muscle growth.

Mind you, I'm never gonna suggest to do stuff like this without the right ancillaries and supplements to keep BP, platelets, cholesterol & organs in tip top shape.

It goes back to my epiphany this last summer that people on skimpy budgets ought to either 1) adjust their dose and cycle length to allow for proper ancillaries and PCT (including blood work) or 2) don't do the steroids and rather opt for spending the money you do have on something like Somatozine (or some other MK supp) and extra lean meats & some organic food options that people generally opt out for b/c of price.

And before anyone wonders, no, I'm not a rep for MA Supps although I probably should be since I love his products so much, lol.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
For myself, I usually need 3-4 weeks to get my diet @ 95% of where it needs to be, so doing a 6 weeker almost seems pointless. But I use oils exclusively now and money isn't a concern at the moment so I can rotate multiple compounds and I don't spare myself the fancy stuff either - I gleefully implement GH, MK, Primo, Mast, MENT, etc and Aromasin, insulin as needed, T4/T3. Granted, I don't take large doses of anything but rather take the approach of having a complete cycle because it works better and allows for much greater gains in the long run.

When you have options and a neverending budget for this stuff, longer cycles are the way to go and opting for more complete anabolic cycles that include 3 to 4 different pathways to enhance muscle growth.

Mind you, I'm never gonna suggest to do stuff like this without the right ancillaries and supplements to keep BP, platelets, cholesterol & organs in tip top shape.

It goes back to my epiphany this last summer that people on skimpy budgets ought to either 1) adjust their dose and cycle length to allow for proper ancillaries and PCT (including blood work) or 2) don't do the steroids and rather opt for spending the money you do have on something like Somatozine (or some other MK supp) and extra lean meats & some organic food options that people generally opt out for b/c of price.

And before anyone wonders, no, I'm not a rep for MA Supps although I probably should be since I love his products so much, lol.
Long cycles get points just off the long ester being a bit stronger over time mg/mg. Like fueledpassion notes that you can tweak the cycle as you go. Updosing or adding something.
However the lifestyle burden on long cycles has got me shopping for a case that will carry loaded syringes. I have a travel kit but not a small 1
On the other hand short cycles especially the 8 on 8 off is very tempting except I personally feel like my body wants to keep on the extra weight when it has been added over a longer period.

As for price, I only mentioned it because most guys are not getting payed to run gear. I have plenty money if BB was the only thing I do. You can't hate on a 24 yo that runs 10 weeks of test 200mg/week cuz that is what he can afford.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For the same financial outlay as buying 1 long cycle worth of gear, you could get a lifetime supply of raws. The UGL markup is fukn ridiculous.

You likely know this.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
For the same financial outlay as buying 1 long cycle worth of gear, you could get a lifetime supply of raws. The UGL markup is fukn ridiculous.

You likely know this.
LOL I know and I already have a disassembled lab [a fukking near pharma grade] sitting in storage. I do feel bad every time I buy vials but I owned my house when I cooked so I was able to do everything in stealth mode

Reactions: Nac