Log Keto Diet+Stack- Alphamine+Compound20+Vanillean +ReduceXT

exrugger

Awards
So the story is I used to be a rugby player and powerlifter and was in excellent shape for years. After a bad knee injury (4 screws and blown out ACL & MCL) and a hectic work schedule after college lifting/exercising and diet took a major hit. I went from 190 at 7%bf to 240 at 20%ish bf over 2 years. Now that I'm focused and set a goal of reaching my college shape I'm going to get it.

Goal:
Lose 50lbs in 12 weeks

Diet:
Pure Ketogenic Diet- Less than 25G carbs daily- I used to use CKD with great success and plan to transition to CKD later on.
Diet is primarily chicken, beef, pork, eggs, cheeses, almonds, natty PB, Romaine lettuce and other greens and tons of water. I will try to stay under 25g for at least 6 out of the 12 weeks.

Exercise:
30-40min of HIIT 4x per week
Lifting: I want to drop some excess pounds and strengthen my core before going hardcore with weights so I will lift light for another week or two (just getting back into it as well).

Tools:
Alphamine
Compound 20
Vanillean
Reduce XT
Lean Xtreme (found part of a left over bottle, will dose this at 1 cap a day until gone)- thoughts?
Ketostix- to make sure I'm in Ketosis

So I've been on the diet for 13 days thus far and my supps just came in so I figured it should be logged as I didn't see anyone else try this stack yet. I took all of them already and I will say I feel great. The alphamine is delicious and I can definitely feel the warmth and a super clean and focused energy. This is definitely going to help get up early to go on those fasted morning jogs before work. Weight is right around 240lbs and I will do my best to update the weights weekly. Only update now is I tried the ketostix two days ago and confirmed I am now in Ketosis :biggthumpup: and my girlfriend said she can tell my face is beginning to thin out. The 'keto-flu' is now over and I feel great- it only lasted a few days though. For some reason I always did well with Keto in the past. That's all for today, let me know if you guys have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man! Props to you for changing your lifestyle, hopefully you will accomplish your goals

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey man, I'm in for this log. I was ketoing last week but I couldn't get those first few days with end of the year exams and finals coming. Foggy headedness doesn't really help you out on an organic chem II or physics II exam lol. You should throw up some before and afters, a lot of people can take your word for it but its nice to be able to see what youre saying your doing then seeing the results pay off in the end. Either way I'm in! Goodluck.

exrugger

Awards
Thanks everyone!

Jswain34- Keto+chem+physics, I do not envy you right now haha. I noticed the best way to combat 'keto flu' is to increase your fats a little bit, I read this has to do with ketones replacing the glucose as your primary energy source. Since ketones are being produced from fat/body fat, having some extra fat might help with energy (from my experience thus far, I like almonds or Omega supps). I don't know about before and after pics yet, I've thought about it though.

exrugger

Awards
So heres the update everyone who's following:

I am down to 234-235, so I lost about 5lbs this past week which I'm pretty satisfied with. This week will be somewhat of a challenge as I'm on a business trip in Baltimore for the next 5 days. I will stick to mainly steak, grilled chicken, and salads (my company pays for 100% of food expenses) and the hotel has a cardio room I plan to use. I will update again soon.

exrugger

Awards
Finally settled in for the night after a 14.5hr work day. My boss said to be ready to work 8am to 10pm at least two days this week while I'm here :(. Still, I stuck to my diet today.

Breakfast: beef jerky and low carb monster ( I know terrible but I was running late so I had to get something at the gas station):10g carbs est

Lunch: iceberg lettuce, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken and Caesar dressing: 6g carbs est

Dinner: grilled chicken and cheddar cheese :2-3 g carbs ( 1oz of cheese should be treated as one gram of carbs if the carb count is 0).

Also took the supp regimin. Too tired too run so I'm going to get up early tomorrow and use the hotels 24hr gym.

I probably didn't get enough calories today, but my job is hectic and we eat when we can.

Any ideas for a low carb calorie dense snack to bring to work tomorrow (must be premade as im in a hotel so i cant cook)?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Peanut butter & macadamia nuts are some of my favorites.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I usually go for some almonds. Half a cup is like 6g of net carbs

exrugger

Awards
Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of different kinds of nuts a little bit yesterday but was unsure which I should get, I think I'll try the Macadamia as haven't had them in a really long time.

This morning woke up at 6am and got some cardio on some type of elliptical machine (it was like an eliptical mixed with a stair climber?), it kicked the S*** outta me lol. Now I have a meeting in the morning followed by the office so I will likely work until 8-9:30pm tonight so I will check back later.

exrugger

Awards
Log for 4/23/13

So got out of work last night and my boss took us all out to Tilted Kilt :beerchug:for drinks and food. I had a cheese-steak salad (cheese, steak, lettuce, blue cheese), no tomatoes. Then to drink I had 3 Jack & Diet Coke (felt guilty, but everyone else kept ordering drinks and I didn't want to look like a jerk lol).

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and kielbasa sausage. Lunch was a burger (no bun) with bacon and onions plus 1/4 cup of broccoli. I estimate my total carb count for the day was around 20g or less which is good because the diet coke & Jack should count towards something. Felt really hung over considering how much I drank earlier; from this point on I'm going to try to stay dry until I reach my goal weight

exrugger

Awards
Log 4/24/13
For Breakfast: nothing, woke up late- freakin booze, I'm done with that crap!

For Lunch: Went to a deli, everything on the menu had carbs so I got a chicken cheesesteak and only ate the filling (chicken and cheese only)

For Dinner: Filet Mignon, 1/4 cup of asparagus, 1/4 cup of green beans.

Est. Carbs: 15

Workout: Got home at 10pm fully exhausted, passed out before getting to the gym.

Unfortunately this morning (4/25) i woke up late again, these 12-14 hour days are killing me. I can't wait to get home for the weekend, only 2 more days!

exrugger

Awards
Good morning everyone,

Log 4/25/13

Breakfast: Spicy Beef Jerky and water- Carbs 7g

Lunch: 2 beef burger patties, 2 slices of american cheese- Carbs 2g

Dinner: Prime Rib and 1/4 cup of green beans and house salad with blue cheese (no croutons or tomatoes, just lettuce and onion)- Carbs 10-12g

Total Carbs:About 21 grams

After dinner I ran 2 miles and burned 355 calories, felt great. The supplements definitely are helping me find the energy with the crazy work schedule to still get some cardio in. I also measured my gut and lost almost an inch since coming to Baltimore a week ago (from 40" to 39"; back in my prime it was 32.5" so that is the long term goal). Things seem to be picking up steadily now that I have begun to hit cardio a bit harder. It will be ten times easier in 2 weeks when I'm back home (I work from a home office usually) so I can easily find the time for the cardio and weights. I will try to get my weight this weekend.

Cannot wait to get home after this work day and see my gf again...next week they are making me work here again (12-14 hour days). Being a salesman and not an operational support person (what they have me filling in for at the moment because a bunch of people walked out of this branch), I cannot stand doing this type of work. I would take landscaping or construction in a heart beat over this confusing cluster#### crap!

Sorry had to vent, LOL

exrugger

Awards
On another note, not sure if its the keto diet or the supps but I noticed that my muscles are feeling more full and tight even though working out has not increased. Any idea as to why this could be?

exrugger

Awards
So I weighed in, only lost 1 lb but lost in measurements, clothes feel looser and muscles seem fuller. Is it possible this diet can recomp your body to a small extent with minimal exrecise?

Thanks

exrugger

Awards
Broken Bottle- so what you're saying is I lost 1lb of water weight? How would this explain my muscles feeling fuller and losing almost an inch off my midsection?

exrugger

Awards
Finally back from the work trip, going to be much easier to stay strict with working at home again (can fit in a workout a lot easier), and not eating out all the time. When I ate out I tried to stick to salads, steaks and bunless sandwiches (burger pattie, steak and onion etc...) but I'm sure restaurants sneak carbs in somewhere (like certain sauces or dressings although I stuck to blue cheese). I feel like progress is being made but I hope to take a big step forward in the next several weeks.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Broken Bottle- so what you're saying is I lost 1lb of water weight? How would this explain my muscles feeling fuller and losing almost an inch off my midsection?
Well when you're in keto you lose fat and water. Didn't notice you'd been on the diet for over a week. So could have been pure fat loss, could have been water or both. Muscles may just seem fuller because losing fat and water or maybe you did lose pure fat.

exrugger

Awards
I have a feeling I lost mainly fat as almost eveyone that hasn't seen me in several weeks say they can tell I lost a good amount of weight. I think my muscles have just toned up and that explains the tighter feeling. On another note, staying below 25g carbs is getting really old- anyone have a favorite low carb meal (or snack) to mix things up?

exrugger

Awards
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I will try to get my weight again tonight. I did fall out of keto for a day this week when I went out and drank some rum and diet cokes (4 to be exact, I know way to many but I was holding super strong for almost 6 weeks). Now I'm back into keto (keto stick verified) and I started the day off with an intense 30 min HIIT session. Also found some new recipes to mix up the keto game, adding alot more veggies (red and yellow peppers, zucchini, spinach etc...) and trying to slowly lower my fat intake (unhealthy fats like from red meat).

exrugger

Awards
Just weighed in at rhe end of the day in jeans and shirt at 233. Snce I usually weigh in with an empty stomach and in gym clothes I'm guessing the weight loss is closer to 2-3lbs , but im officially down about another lb from last week. Hopefully the new morning HIIT will help me bust past the 230 mark.

exrugger

Awards
Ran 3 miles of HIIT on wood chips/mulch trail in the woods today. Rough terrain, up and down hills...great workout but you have to be careful not to roll an ankle. I can definitely see and feel a difference and I have a strong feeling I'll be under 230 this weekend.

On another note, I got a new keto recipe app on the phone and made some Natty PB Cookies. Delicious way to break it up and satisfy the sugar craving! There is about 1g carbs per cookie so you can eat a bunch of them to satisfy the sweet tooth.

exrugger

Awards
Woke up today to take a waist measurement- 38.25" around, down another .75" :). This weekend I'll weigh in but I have a feeling I bust past the 230 mark.

exrugger

Awards
Weighed in today at 227 :), I figure I'm down about another 5 lbs from last week. The weight lifting and cardio w the diet were key in picking up the pace. I will try to post my weekly routine later today.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
Nice work and results. You have a serious goal to achieve in a very short time. The weight is coming off very quickly though and it appears you may get it done.

exrugger

Awards
Thanks, I think its because I'm so strict with my diet (under 25g per day for the entire diet) plus the HIIT routines and lifting are helping me drop it quick.

It is hard to tell with the supplements bit I definitely feel warming, focus/energy, and appetite suppression. I would definitely recommend this stack combined with the keto diet.

Hopefully I'll hit my goal. The best part of the experience is I'm addicted to working out again, I feel guilty if I don't run or lift for a day. It's a great feeling to change to a healthy lifestyle and I look forward to getting in the best shape of my life.

exrugger

Awards
Up at six am today for 2 miles of HIIT on normal pavement (instead of my usual track). It was the first time I felt shin splints since running again, I'll stick to the usual softer mulch track as shin splints have hindered my goals in the past.

Weighed in this afternoon after eating at 225, in all likelihood had I weighed in on an empty stomach this morning I would have been 223-224 conservatively. Overall pretty steady progress still so I'm happy. Even conservatively I'm down at least 2lbs from last week.

I'm going to hit the gym in a bit (upper body split) and if I'm not too tired ill go for another 2 miles of HIIT (on my usual track).

exrugger

Awards
Just wanted to add, lifted so hard I nearly threw up...felt great

exrugger

Awards
My shins still hurt from running yesterday so I just lifted today. I'm almost positive it is from sprinting on pavement instead of the usual wood chip/mulch blend that is much softer. Any suggestions for what works for anyone to speed shin splint recovery?

exrugger

Awards
Going to try xtend, cissus and ice. Keeping my fingers crossed it works and tomorrow I can get back to HIIT.

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
how does your energy feel? especially with the Keto. I just started Keto as well

exrugger

Awards
My energy is great. The beginning is the hardest part, make sure to eat fats when your feeling tired. After the keto flu it's all down hill.

exrugger

Awards
So I decided to take an off day, work was a bit hectic and I'm still sore plus shin splints are still a bit tender. Sometimes you have to just listen to your body. Anyhow, I decided a few weeks ago to start taking pics for this and was going to show them all at the end. However, I'm really happy about my results from the past 12 days :)
progress 1.png

exrugger

Awards
Squats this morning, boy has it been a while (haven't really squatted since 2007, bad acl injury) and it showed. Form was very strict but only did 225 for 6 on the last set (no belt).

Squats- 10, 8, 8, 6 (pyramid weight up)
Front squats- 10, 8, 8, 6 (pyramid weight up)
Standing calf raises- 8, 8, 8, 8
BB military press- 10, 8, 6, 6 (pyramid weight up)
Lat raises- 8, 8, 8 strict and slow w pause at top
Seated cable row- 10, 8, 8, 8 (pyramid weight up)
Bent over BB rows- 8, 6 (failed on third set amd decided to leave the gym before I over-did it)

Got home and immediately drank xtend and did abs (core work), going to make eggs in a bit for breakfast. Definitely feel like I'm making a good dent in my goal this past week.

exrugger

Awards
Weighed in at 222 after eating today, still making steady progress :)

exrugger

Awards
Started my morning with a 3 mile fasted HIIT. Although I ran less than usual because of recovering from squats and recent shin splints, I can tell I'll be 100% soon. This will definitely pick up the weight loss some more as last week I took cardio super light bc of shin splints.

I plan on doing Pec/tri plus light shoulder this afternoon.

exrugger

Awards
On another note, only supps I have left from the stack are Alphamine, Compound 20 (about 3 days left), and Vanillean (few days left). My favorite supplement in the stack is either Compound 20 or Alphamine, I will know for sure after the Compound 20 runs out.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alphamine FTW. Alphamine is hands down one of the best supplements I've ever used. I also really enjoyed my EC/compound 20/erase run I had last summer. But I love alphamine, I need to pick some up.

exrugger

Awards
Oxyelite protein and thermo powder just got here! I'm pumped bc the protein is 2g net carbs per serving so its a great addition to supplement my diet.

Taste: I got the chocolate flavor, id say its not as tasty as muscle milk but its awfully close. I sjould mention it was mixed with water. 9/10

Mixability: clumps a little bit in water if you stir with a spoon but if you stir with a fork or blender it is super smooth. Think Hershey's chocolate milk. 10/10

Profile: look at the label, enough said 10/10

We will see if this is going to aid in my weight loss. I'm thinking 2-3 per day (pre and post work out and occasional breakfast/snack). Each shake is 1 scoop 2g net carbs and 23g protein and 3.5g fat. The next few weeks will tell but if all goes as expected this is replacing the muscle milk and labrada :)

exrugger

Awards
So over the last several days I've been drinking protein 3 to 4 times per day and taking recoup, these are the only changes to my diet but my ketosis has gone from "large amount of ketones" to small amount. Now I trust both USP Labs and EAS, but I'm thinking one of the two may have more carbs than advertised as I noticed there seems to be a correlation between carb intake and ketone levels. However, earlier in the diet I had a small amount of ketones and I still lost weight steadily.

If I continue to make steady progress (as I feel I will) then I will assume the carb count in each supplement is right.

exrugger

Awards
Weighed in yesterday at 222 so this is the first time since beginning the weight loss that I've hit a small stall. However, my stomach was 37" (compared to the 42" I started the diet at!) and after comparing progress pics from the past 2 weeks I think it looks like I leaned out more in my chest, shoulders, and a tiny bit in my stomach. Since my strength continues to climb I strongly suspect I am building muscle and burning fat- this new Oxyelite Protein is awesome! BTW, the taste has grown on me to the point where it tastes way better than muscle milk. I've only got about 1/3rd of my 2lb container left, definitely buying more soon. I should explain the only change I've made in the past two weeks is adding 2-4 scoops a day in my diet (which also replaced some of my other calories as the shake is pretty filling), I also haven't done cardio in a week which I'm going to fix today and go for a HIIT session before hitting the weights.

Here are the past two weeks- I can't wait to compare all photos at the end!
comparison pics.png

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try and limit protein powder to 1 scoop a day man. Save yourself some $ and eat whole foods.

exrugger

Awards
Probably true, but I actually prefer the protein. It helps curb my carb cravings.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tnere are ways to make sweet things that are still low carb. But I guess whatever works for you man. Most important thing is just doing whatever you feel it will take to stay on track. Your $ not mine. Either way, good job and keep up the good work man!

exrugger

Awards
Tnere are ways to make sweet things that are still low carb. But I guess whatever works for you man. Most important thing is just doing whatever you feel it will take to stay on track. Your $ not mine. Either way, good job and keep up the good work man!
Thanks for the encouragement! Ya I should really go pick up more natty PB, that helps alot with carb cravings as well. I think its a combination of being tired of cooking/doing dishes and deliciousness haha

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man peanut butter is the death of me. I can easily take down a jar without even realizing what I'm doing once I get a jar and a spoon in my hands. I haven't had peanut butter in a WHILE. I stick to almond butter now because I can control myself with that unlike pb.

exrugger

Awards
Man peanut butter is the death of me. I can easily take down a jar without even realizing what I'm doing once I get a jar and a spoon in my hands. I haven't had peanut butter in a WHILE. I stick to almond butter now because I can control myself with that unlike pb.
Hmmm, well I do like almonds...maybe I'll give this a shot...

exrugger

Awards
Sorry for not updating in awhile, I need to check my weight this week but my stomach is down to 36.5" so I'm definitely still losing at a steady pace.

On a side note, had my first cheat meal at a wedding this past weekend but I'm pretty sure I burned it right off as I danced for about 90min afterward. I will also post a two week progress pic then.