Log...it’s better than bad it’s good

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wait, why test your max 5 days after a hard squat session? You definitely won’t be optimally recovered for that.
Idk why I said Monday, I squat again Friday, week from tomorrow. With ending one job while training at another my whole schedule is off. Haha now I can’t keep track of days of the week.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was military press. Got a great nights sleep last night. I received some stanogen yesterday so I decided to dose .5ml upon waking about an hour before my workout. Half hour later I took my Preworkout and creatine. I was beyond ready to go. Pressing seemed effortless but I forgot to adjust my 1rm so after my working sets I dropped it to 205 as planned. My 5x5 sets reflect this. I opted for 2 sets of 10 then 1 set of 5. I’m glad I did this because the lighter weight and higher volume felt great. I got a little creative afterwards and set up a seated shoulder press using my Viking press handle( pic attached). Went right into Viking press after that and hit 210x4 (video). Lastly I did some facepulls. This workout was fun but tough. Really hit my traps hard. I love the boost of stanogen but will hold off a while until I use it. Really just wanted to try it Preworkout and see how it makes me feel solo at a very low dose.

Seated Military press 3s
5x90, 115
3x135, 160, 180, 205
10x145x2/ 5x145

Seated btn press w/Viking handle
10x120x2
8x145x2

Viking press
12x70, 95, 120
7x165
4x210 (video)

Facepulls
3 sets of 12
IMG_8818.JPG
IMG_8820.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet Viking rig! Sucks you have to frontsquat it up but it’ll make you tougher anyway lol

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sweet Viking rig! Sucks you have to frontsquat it up but it’ll make you tougher anyway lol
I could’ve adjusted the safeties higher but I went straight from the seated press to Viking and decided to be lazy. After doing them I was thinking of adding as an accessory to leg day, front squat/press..front squat/press haha

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like Viking Presses

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Vikings were all Big, Bad Dudes !!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My weight is staying constant at 200lb. Everything fits tighter so I feel like especially my back and shoulders have grown.I’m continuing mk677 5 on 2 off, Laxogenin and Helios.
I’ve revamped my June cycle. Going to look something like this
wk1-8 100mg Dienogen
100mg Stanogen
Wk1-4 75mg halodrol
Wks 4-8 100mg halodrol
Wks 4-8 15-30mg superdrol
As of right now this is what I’m thinking. Any thoughts let me know

Last edited:
wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First day at the new job and I’m in a great mood. Things are just falling into place the way my wife and I worked so hard for over the past almost 9 years. Therefore my workout went great. I was pulling weight effortlessly. I only put 500 on a bar once and I was running DMZ. Today I hit 550 at the tail end of pct. Did straight barbell curls in the first time in idk how long, these also didn’t go horrible. Anyway here’s the workout

Rackpulls
5x180, 225
3x275
5x340
3x385
6x430 volume pr
2x500
1x550 PR
5x340x5

BB rows
10x135/ 8x185x2/ 5x225x2

BB curls
8x65/6x85/5x95/3x105

Incline dumbbell hammer curl
10x25sx2/ 10x30/ 5x40

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Saw a thing on ergolog where it basically showed that DMZ actually just breaks down to Sdrol in the gut...SD metabolites were all that gets found of consequence. So while I’ve never used SD, I’ve probably used it 4–5 times lol.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saw a thing on ergolog where it basically showed that DMZ actually just breaks down to Sdrol in the gut...SD metabolites were all that gets found of consequence. So while I’ve never used SD, I’ve probably used it 4–5 times lol.
No wonder why by week 5 I could barely eat a banana. I loved the strength on DMZ but as soon as I hit pct I dropped 10lb in what seemed like a day

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe you’ve used it once, briefly

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've heard and read (basically) the same thing many times over the years.

But having used both compounds multiple times, I can state with Zero doubts that is not the true story.

The side effects are Worlds apart, as are the Anabolic effects.

I understand that some claim to be offering a type of proof that this is what occurs.

.... But it just doesn't match my real world experiences in the Slightest.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I believe you’ve used it once, briefly
Oh yeah, I did just use it for a few weeks at 15mg lol. I was going thru the birth of my son and everything since the last 8 weeks has been a bit of a whirlwind

Helped me recomp nicely. My appetite wasn’t nearly as bad as DMZ, but I was cutting so appetite should be higher and I wasn’t taking as big an equivalent dose or duration of orals.

View attachment 203371
Found an old picture of me, this is the size I wanna get back to
What did you weigh here?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh yeah, I did just use it for a few weeks at 15mg lol. I was going thru the birth of my son and everything since the last 8 weeks has been a bit of a whirlwind

Helped me recomp nicely. My appetite wasn’t nearly as bad as DMZ, but I was cutting so appetite should be higher and I wasn’t taking as big an equivalent dose or duration of orals.

What did you weigh here?
210~

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had a good bench session this morning. Strength is holding steady through pct and I feel like I’m moving the weight with much better form. 260lb was set for 1 but I knew this was conservative and went for the amrap. Put 10 in my head but got 8 without making my 5x5s impossible. Opted for 2 sets of 10 to start. Close grip is definitely my weak point so I’m focusing more on volume as it’s an accessory. Incline still is easy to move but I like to throw that in from time to time. I think later down the line I’ll swap flat for incline to try and get a new pr. Otherwise I feel great. Update on Helios @nostrum420 @Renew1 , not even a bottle in and all pain on my left side is gone. I’m sold on this product, it will be a staple.
@TheVenom mk677 is allowing me to recover quicker as well as hold all my weight plus some during pct. I’ve actually gained 8lb and am sitting at 200lb upon waking. Thank you to all of you

Bench 1’s
5x110, 140
3x160
5x205
3x235
8x260 volume pr (wanted 10)
2x290
10x205x2/5x205

CG bench
8x135 30 sec rest then 5x135, 10x135
6x185
3x205

Incline bench
8x135, 155, 175
4x225
6x185

Cable tricep extensions
4 sets of 10

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had a good bench session this morning. Strength is holding steady through pct and I feel like I’m moving the weight with much better form. 260lb was set for 1 but I knew this was conservative and went for the amrap. Put 10 in my head but got 8 without making my 5x5s impossible. Opted for 2 sets of 10 to start. Close grip is definitely my weak point so I’m fly using more on volume as it’s an accessory. Incline still is easy to move but I like to throw that in from time to time. I think later down the line I’ll swap flat for incline to try and get a new pr. Otherwise I feel great. Update on Helios @nostrum420 @Renew1 , not even a bottle in and all pain on my left side is gone. I’m sold on this product, it will be a staple.
@TheVenom mk677 is allowing me to recover quicker as well as hold all my weight plus some during pct. I’ve actually gained 8lb and am sitting at 200lb upon waking. Thank you to all of you

Bench 1’s
5x110, 140
3x160
5x205
3x235
8x260 volume pr (wanted 10)
2x290
10x205x2/5x205

CG bench
8x135 30 sec rest then 5x135, 10x135
6x185
3x205

Incline bench
8x135, 155, 175
4x225
6x185

Cable tricep extensions
4 sets of 10
nice benching bro - you smoke me on bench. I doubled 286 myself today for a pr but my best at 260 is 5.

looks like everything is moving in the right direction

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
nice benching bro - you smoke me on bench. I doubled 286 myself today for a pr but my best at 260 is 5.

looks like everything is moving in the right direction
Thanks man. I’ve been working at it. Nice work yourself though. To say I smoke you isn’t really accurate.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good work homie @wfreiling ! I just spent last hour ignoring my work slack channel so I could catch up on your log! Glad to be back and hear that you're doing well!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good work homie @wfreiling ! I just spent last hour ignoring my work slack channel so I could catch up on your log! Glad to be back and hear that you're doing well!
Thanks man, appreciate it. Sorry to read that you got COVID. People wanna act like it’s a joke but it’s definitely real.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was my max skwaat day. I’m a little disappointed but extremely grateful for safeties. I’ve attached 2 videos for your viewing pleasure. The 2nd will hopefully help someone not do what I did. So squats were going well, however I just didn’t have it in me today. I was just kinda going through the motions. I worked up to 405 and it went well but I got ahead of myself. I thought I could get 425 for 2 after but I wanted to max. Bad idea, I threw 445 on and this is my first ever missed squat. I’m definitely going to learn from this experience as I came out unscathed and finished my FSL, albeit very slowly. Did some SLDL and they felt great. I think I’ll slowly start deadlifting again with light weight.
Please if you watch these videos, give me your honest opinion. I have thick skin but feel like a complete asshole right now.
405x2
https://youtube.com/shorts/v-Vh4pTU_NM

445 fail

Skwaaats
5x160/200
3x240
5x300
3x340/380
2x405 video
445 FAIL video because I’m transparent and need advice
5x300x5

Vertical leg press
10x90/160/210x2

SLDL
8x135
6x185x3

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was my max skwaat day. I’m a little disappointed but extremely grateful for safeties. I’ve attached 2 videos for your viewing pleasure. The 2nd will hopefully help someone not do what I did. So squats were going well, however I just didn’t have it in me today. I was just kinda going through the motions. I worked up to 405 and it went well but I got ahead of myself. I thought I could get 425 for 2 after but I wanted to max. Bad idea, I threw 445 on and this is my first ever missed squat. I’m definitely going to learn from this experience as I came out unscathed and finished my FSL, albeit very slowly. Did some SLDL and they felt great. I think I’ll slowly start deadlifting again with light weight.
Please if you watch these videos, give me your honest opinion. I have thick skin but feel like a complete asshole right now.
405x2
https://youtube.com/shorts/v-Vh4pTU_NM

445 fail

Skwaaats
5x160/200
3x240
5x300
3x340/380
2x405 video
445 FAIL video because I’m transparent and need advice
5x300x5

Vertical leg press
10x90/160/210x2

SLDL
8x135
6x185x3
hey bro

that’s not a bad miss imo. Whether you should have taken it is another question, some guys say to rarely miss, I’m a sucker for pushing my limits and would have done the same as you,

key is you held line out the hole ok. You looked nervous at the bottom and that killed you (understandable at that weight). Like I say though, you held line ok until the legs weren’t there and then you started to drift back - next time just drop back down (first miss is always a scary one though).

its gonna make it sweet when you nail it next time though

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Usually when I go for something I’m sure of it. This was definitely not the case today.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never randomly test true max in training. I’m not saying putting out a feeler single or two is ever bad, but they are indicators and not full send, no rAgrets. They cost a lot of recovery, have highest risk for injury, and don’t build. None of the lifts I have performed in recent months have been taken to/over the brink. Close, yes, but never failure. In an attempt scenario, the goal is actually still to avoid failure - you’re just trying to get as close to the edge as possible.

I also believe in never missing, aside from a competition or peak testing scenario. It ingrains bad neurological habits and plants the seeds of doubt/potential to miss later when it counts. You want to develop a winner’s/champion mindset reinforced by constant success. I also always believe in taking a little baby PR before risking everything on big YOLO attempts. A little PR is still a PR - a big miss is just a big failure. Nobody gives you credit for how much you missed by lol.

Sounds like you learned a lesson and you didn’t get hurt or anything so no biggie.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Never randomly test true max in training. I’m not saying putting out a feeler single or two is ever bad, but they are indicators and not full send, no rAgrets. They cost a lot of recovery, have highest risk for injury, and don’t build. None of the lifts I have performed in recent months have been taken to/over the brink. Close, yes, but never failure. In an attempt scenario, the goal is actually still to avoid failure - you’re just trying to get as close to the edge as possible.

I also believe in never missing, aside from a competition or peak testing scenario. It ingrains bad neurological habits and plants the seeds of doubt/potential to miss later when it counts. You want to develop a winner’s/champion mindset reinforced by constant success. I also always believe in taking a little baby PR before risking everything on big YOLO attempts. A little PR is still a PR - a big miss is just a big failure. Nobody gives you credit for how much you missed by lol.

Sounds like you learned a lesson and you didn’t get hurt or anything so no biggie.
was hoping you would comment as I wanted to see your view

my coach says similar to you re missing

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This might sound dumb but I almost feel like this needed to happen. I’m extremely stubborn and while lifting usually am under the impression that “I got this” now that, at least for me, I’m moving some heavy weight I need to throw that mentality away and not always be chasing a max. Hell, a year ago I couldn’t squat at all because I injured myself. Now, I’m kinda comfortable throwing 4 plates on. I need to focus more on the progress I made and how I made it. Thanks for not sugarcoating anything.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
was hoping you would comment as I wanted to see your view

my coach says similar to you re missing
It’s just my opinion but there it is. I think the worst thing about missing is that it concretely defines limits. When you fail due to actually being too weak, it says “You absolutely cannot squat 445 today”. Why would I want to know that? Far better that I squat 425, leave with my chest puffed up thinking, “yeah I probably could have did 20 more lbs” and been wrong, but now psychologically conditioned to believe in it enough that it propels me to smash it later on.

So I guess my idea isn’t really to test anything - I believe in validating what you know to already be true. Both Andy Bolton and Benny Magnusson have said on record when they pulled over 1,000 that they had already seen the lift successfully a thousand times in their minds. When they pulled it in comp, it came naturally. It was a foregone conclusion.

The longer I do this, the more value I have come to place on the mind.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s just my opinion but there it is. I think the worst thing about missing is that it concretely defines limits. When you fail due to actually being too weak, it says “You absolutely cannot squat 445 today”. Why would I want to know that? Far better that I squat 425, leave with my chest puffed up thinking, “yeah I probably could have did 20 more lbs” and been wrong, but now psychologically conditioned to believe in it enough that it propels me to smash it later on.

So I guess my idea isn’t really to test anything - I believe in validating what you know to already be true. Both Andy Bolton and Benny Magnusson have said on record when they pulled over 1,000 that they had already seen the lift successfully a thousand times in their minds. When they pulled it in comp, it came naturally. It was a foregone conclusion.

The longer I do this, the more value I have come to place on the mind.
it’s interesting as my mind works in a slightly weird way in that regard.

i never mentally struggle with a missed squat or dead - I never miss those lifts because I don’t think I’m going to make it (as soon as the lift starts my survival mechanism and will to succeed kicks it and if it’s there it goes). But even when I miss a squat (doesn’t happen that often - not missed for about a year) it seems to reinforce that I will have that weight. Same with deads

but like when a big dude punches you and it knocks you down but not out. It’s like ‘that ain’t so bad, I can take that you cunt’

point being that for deads and squats finding my limit only serves to tell me that isn’t my limit and I will exceed it

now bench is different. The only time I miss a bench press is when my mind tells me I’m missing on the way down. I don’t have enough to get over that and miss every time. I don’t push my bench limits as close for that reason. I need to know it’s there

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I never miss squats. I fail the lift by transitioning early. I think my body knows it ain't going to get that back out of the hole.

Nice attempt. The silver lining I can see is, you didn't compromise form to grind it up and subsequently injure yourself, or at best over-reach and struggle to recover.

I'm enjoying your log man, reckon you are heading for some serious gains.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What’s the last piece you need?[/
Hdrol
50/75/75/75/75/50/50/50

***Dark side reign ***
0/0/0/0/day 36-25hdrol15sdrol
Day 50 50hdrol 30sdrol

Dienogen week 1 75mg
Week 2-8 100mg

Td 3ad 50mg 8wks

Supports
Tudca 500mg
Nac 1000mg
Carditone
P5p 200mg

Pct
Clomid 50/50/25/25/25
Or
Nolva
40/20/20/20

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damnit, I knew that. I’m stalking so many logs they’re starting to run together. Man that’ll be a good cycle if you can manage any potential sides.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
30mg sdrol???

hold onto your hats guys and girls. Some shits gonna get fucked up 🤣

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
because 20mg is pretty brutal. Not many guys manage to run it above 20mg from what I’ve seen.

30mg will be harsh bro, but the gains should be crazy . You used sd before?
I have but a very long time ago. Yea I’m a little concerned about that but it’s dosed at 25mg hdrol/ 15mg sdrol per cap. Hopefully, I’ll be able to tolerate it

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Went into today’s workout super tired. Busy weekend at work followed by training at my new restaurant. Opted to swap squats for presses, which I’m glad I did because I was spent. Got through the workout but it was nothing special. Also, didn’t eat enough since I was at my new place today and don’t wanna be seen as lazy, standing around eating. Tomorrow is my day off so Wednesday workout will be killer.
Received the final piece of my cycle today as well so I’m stoked.

Military press
5x80, 105
3x125
5x135, 155, 175
5x135x5
BTN
8x95x2
6x115
5x125
Upright rows
8x65x2, 75
6x85
5x95
3x105
Facepulls
3 sets of 10
IMG_8865.JPG

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m pulling from the floor again!!! Started very light today and really focused on form. I’m swapping out rackpulls for deadlifts now. Set my max super low. Worked up to 275, felt fine but I didn’t wanna push it on week 1. Did bent over rows with mini bands for the first time and it felt awesome. Arm work after that, slight pain in my forearm during reverse curls. In all today was awesome. I hope deadlifting is something I can do for now on.
Weight is about 202lb. I’m thinking about dropping the mk677 until June. I’m about to try out a few bottles of Ursa Major with the Helios. Recomp a little bit and focus on maintaining weight. I’m starting to get a little fluffy haha.

Deadlifts
5x110, 140
3x165
5x180, 205, 235
3x275
10x180x2/5x180

Barbell rows
10x95, 8x135, 6x155x2
+mini bands

Seated preacher ez bar curls
10x35/8x55/6x65x2

Hammer curls
10x25x2
Ss
Reverse ez bar curls
10x35x2

Seated CG cable rows
50 reps
IMG_8868.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Always do a bracing movement before deadlifts after your general warmup. That helps me for sure. A set of Bird Dogs or Side Planks or such. I have been digging the RKC Planks (just a brief max effort contraction during a plank).

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still getting use to working nights as it’s been over a year. I like to train first thing in the morning. Today I was a little groggy but it was leg day so I took 2 scoops of juice daddy along with 1 cap of spook(amp citrate). Even with the added stims it was a grind as I just kind of went through the motions. After my squats I did some farmers, I have all these awesome dumbbells and I just don’t utilize them enough. That needs to change. I might be selling this vertical press and buying another or a different leg machine altogether. I loaded it with 310lb and I don’t think I’d be confident loading too much more weight. It’s a cool accessory but the amount of floor space it takes up might outweigh its function. I’m definitely adding the econo reverse hyper if it’s ever available again so we’ll see if the vertical press stays after that.

Warmup
Band stomps, band leg extensions
Vertical leg press 10x90x3

Squats
5x160/200/240/260/300/340
5x260x5

Farmers walk 40ft w/dumbbells
60s x 2/ 70x2

Vertical leg press
8x180x2
6x310x2