Unanswered Liver

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick question, can you actually feel liver pain? No other symptoms. Just a slight uneasy/pain around the liver area, around the last lower rib. Not intense by any means, slight but noticeable

Last edited:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never heard anyone mention this. Usually people talk about feeling lethargic when their liver is stressed.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve had this before, regardless of being on a cycle or not. Sometimes it’s a little lower than the lower rib cage area so could be something entirely different. I’ll be getting it checked out soon for sure.
Just curious if the liver can actually “feel pain”? And if something is wrong with it, wouldn’t there be other symptoms? Only other thing is when I do run an oral I get stomach bloat quickly regardless of diet...only reason that has me worried is my mom had non alcoholic induced chirrossis (can’t spell) and her stomach bloated up towards the end...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You're probably fine. But given your family history, pain, and worry ... I'd get checked.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Liver does not have internal pain receptors. So you cant feel it per-se.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Regarless of the direct cause/effect, pain can sometimes definitely be felt when there are liver issues.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve had this before, regardless of being on a cycle or not. Sometimes it’s a little lower than the lower rib cage area so could be something entirely different. I’ll be getting it checked out soon for sure.
Just curious if the liver can actually “feel pain”? And if something is wrong with it, wouldn’t there be other symptoms? Only other thing is when I do run an oral I get stomach bloat quickly regardless of diet...only reason that has me worried is my mom had non alcoholic induced chirrossis (can’t spell) and her stomach bloated up towards the end...
I had the same pain under my right ribs sporadically for several years. Recently it got very bad (felt like I was getting stabbed multiple times per day), doctors couldn't find anything other than slightly elevated ALT. It turned out to be liver inflammation from a chronic viral infection. Got over the infection about a month ago and I've had zero pain since.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the google images make it look like the liver sits just a few inches below the bottom of your right pectoral...if that’s correct, my pain is lower. Around the last lower rib and a few inches below that as well. Guess it’s not the liver if those pictures are correct?
It’s not painful to the touch when I push on that area but has been once before.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can assure you that liver pain is not a myth. In the past I’ve had alcool problems and I was folllowed for my liver and I definitely had liver pain. The liver under stress will get larger and the pressure it puts on your rib cage is what’s causing that feeling/pain. When I do STRONG orals I’ll have random pain in that area from time to time and that pain will stop as SOON as I’ve stopped the compound.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can assure you that liver pain is not a myth. In the past I’ve had alcool problems and I was folllowed for my liver and I definitely had liver pain. The liver under stress will get larger and the pressure it puts on your rib cage is what’s causing that feeling/pain. When I do STRONG orals I’ll have random pain in that area from time to time and that pain will stop as SOON as I’ve stopped the compound.
^This, what you are feeling is most likely an enlarged liver putting pressure on your ribcage.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where on the rib cage did you feel the pain exactly?

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because at random times the pain is a good two to 3 inches lower than the last bottom rib

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh **** I was thinking the liver sits way lower, like on the right side of the abdomen/gut area. Yeah my discomfort is far lower. Gallbladder perhaps?
Sheweww! Sorry for the freak out guys, my own stupidity! Thanks for the help, as always!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh **** I was thinking the liver sits way lower, like on the right side of the abdomen/gut area. Yeah my discomfort is far lower. Gallbladder perhaps?
Sheweww! Sorry for the freak out guys, my own stupidity! Thanks for the help, as always!
That area gets very sore for me when my UC is active and is inflammation in the ascending and transverse colon.

Do you suffer from irratable bowel?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve had what I thought was liver pain from steroids way down at the bottom of the ribs...

Then I had actual liver pain from an energy drink. Much higher up. Felt like I had a balloon in my rib cage.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve had what I thought was liver pain from steroids way down at the bottom of the ribs...

Then I had actual liver pain from an energy drink. Much higher up. Felt like I had a balloon in my rib cage.
Which energy drink caused liver pain?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Idk if this is just me but I feel what I can only describe as a “dirty itch pain” feeling where I imagine my liver is, around where is described in this post, when I’m on strong orals and feel that my liver protection is not dosed high enough. It could completely just be placebo or me convincing myself my liver is suffering but I’ve gone by it for years and when I up my Tudca/ support supps it usually vanishes lol

Edit; the “itchy pain” is usually most noticeable when laying down leaning on the area

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can agree on the liver pain. If I have too many drinks I can press down on that side below the rib and it feels tender.