Liver blood results after 4 weeks of Epi

kingsix

Awards
Hello everyone,

Benn browsing this forum for a while...So just though I'd share something back..So here are my liver values after 4 weeks of Epi.

Cycle is as follows:
1 week : 20 mg
2-4 week : 40mg

Only taking NAC (600mg 3 times per day) for liver support.

Anyways..resuts:
value - result - unit - ref range - comment
Bilirubin - 8 - umol/L - ( < 17) - ok
AST - 0,69 - ukat/L - (<0,58) - high
ALT - 0,80 - ukat/L - (<0,74) - high
S-gama-GT - 0,18 - ukat/L - (<0,92) - ok
s-alpha-amylase - 1,20 - ukat/L - (<1,80) - ok

Before the cycle values were:
Bilirubin - 7 - umol/L - ( < 17) - ok
AST - 0,41 - ukat/L - (<0,58) - ok
ALT - 0,51 - ukat/L - (<0,74) - ok
S-gama-GT - 0,29 - ukat/L - (<0,92) - ok
s-alpha-amylase - 1,39 - ukat/L - (<1,80) - ok

AST, ALT increased while GGT and alpha-amylase actually went down..strange...
I'm planning two more weeks of 40mg, so 6 weeks total... I think it should be ok with this liver values or?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
When you say Epi, I'd assume you are referring to Epistane and not Epicatechin based off the mg dosages?

Do you have pre-cycle bloods to compare your levels against? Just going off the numbers you've provided, if you want to add something else for your AST and ALT, you could add in some TUDCA.

Study reading: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23592128

kingsix

Awards
Yes it's Epistane. Added base values from before cycle in original post.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yes it's Epistane. Added base values from before cycle in original post.
Thanks for clarifying, I see people calling these Epicatechin products Epi now, and it's not what I am used to.

Cool, good on you getting bloods man. Too many people go just off "feeling" side effects and have no clue what's actually going on in their body. Yeah I'm not a doctor, but if you're concerned read up on that study above and hunt out some others. Never hurts to throw TUDCA in the mix because it has good general health benefits behind it as well.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for clarifying, I see people calling these Epicatechin products Epi now, and it's not what I am used to.

Cool, good on you getting bloods man. Too many people go just off "feeling" side effects and have no clue what's actually going on in their body. Yeah I'm not a doctor, but if you're concerned read up on that study above and hunt out some others. Never hurts to throw TUDCA in the mix because it has good general health benefits behind it as well.
Tudca for the most part only helps with keeping Bile from backing up in your liver... so your Bilirubin Levels
will stay normal, but your ALT/AST Levels will still be high.

I ran 500mg per day of Tudca while doing my 12 week cycle. Bilirubin came back perfect. ALT/AST were still thru the roof.

Add 500mg to 1000mg per day of NAC and you will see your levels back down to normal in a month.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Tudca for the most part only helps with keeping Bile from backing up in your liver... so your Bilirubin Levels
will stay normal, but your ALT/AST Levels will still be high.

I ran 500mg per day of Tudca while doing my 12 week cycle. Bilirubin came back perfect. ALT/AST were still thru the roof.

Add 500mg to 1000mg per day of NAC and you will see your levels back down to normal in a month.
Everything I've read TUDCA study wise shows it to be good at reducing ALT/AST or are you just referring to the speed at which the values normalize?

EDIT: To op - you should be fine utilize your NAC dosage as Vujade suggested as well. Plenty of studies showing it works well (aka why it's been a staple for so long and for so many people)

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everything I've read TUDCA study wise shows it to be good at reducing ALT/AST
or are you just referring to the speed at which the values normalize?
After 12 week cycle running various orals and transdermals. My Bilrubin levels were perfect, but my ALT / AST
were triple the normal levels and they were perfect before i started.

I ran two different companies Tudca just to make sure i was covered and still had Sky High ALT / AST Levels,

In PCT I added 600mg of NAC and after 30 days my ALT / AST Levels were perfectly normal again.

NAC is what they give people at the hospital that OD on Tylenol.

I know Tudca may help with ALT / AST, but not as good as NAC.