Links to Thyroid medication dosing info?

mrrobot

Awards
I'm having trouble finding good info on self-dosing thyroid medication.
I have my reasons why, but it's not as easy to find good info on *how* as it is for steroids.

I'm not preparing for a contest, but I do want to self-medicate for 6 months with a slight lean toward cutting. I only have access to synthetic T4 and/or T3 gray market, but if I want to go longer term there is a way for me to switch to an armour thyoid type medication at conservative dosage.

Anyone have any good leads?

A bodyweight estimate is fine too, but I'd also like to know more.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thyroid is delicate and a sensitive thing to play with. Some do better with T4/T3 and other's one or the other. Usual , safe doses for T4 and T3 would be 50-100mcg of T4 and 25mcg of T3. T4 probably being safer than t3

mrrobot

Awards
Thyroid is delicate and a sensitive thing to play with. Some do better with T4/T3 and other's one or the other. Usual , safe doses for T4 and T3 would be 50-100mcg of T4 and 25mcg of T3. T4 probably being safer than t3
Thanks! Do you know of any places where they discuss this kind of information or include the experiences that lead to such conclusions?

It's so easy to find discussions of protocols and results and personal experiences with AAS, but my searching on thyroid usually lands me in women's forums, nothing to do with bodybuilding

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm having trouble finding good info on self-dosing thyroid medication.
I have my reasons why, but it's not as easy to find good info on *how* as it is for steroids.

I'm not preparing for a contest, but I do want to self-medicate for 6 months with a slight lean toward cutting. I only have access to synthetic T4 and/or T3 gray market, but if I want to go longer term there is a way for me to switch to an armour thyoid type medication at conservative dosage.

Anyone have any good leads?

A bodyweight estimate is fine too, but I'd also like to know more.
I personally wouldn’t guess with the the T4/T3. Go with the NDT. Start with 1 1/4 and adjust from there. I believe most of the population could probably benefit from NDT anyway...

mrrobot

Awards
I may try to get a prescription, somehow, for NDT. Then maybe add on some T3 if that's not enough.

Still it would be great to see where people have had hearty discussions with personal experiences the way it is with AAS

mrrobot

Awards
well, that was easy. Already got an RX for Armour Thyroid. It'll be at least a month before I'll be doing a roid run and then pick up some T3, at which point I may already start to know if I need it any time soon after.