Lifting volume in PCT after test cycle?

Slapoyjoe

What do you guys do in terms of lifting volume during PCT? I’m nearing the end of an epic first test cycle and want to keep as much as is reasonable and possible. I’ve gained a ****load of mass. I’m bumping into doorframes as a misjudge my new shoulder width. I’m ripping out my sleeves. It’s crazy.

If my calories are about the same as on cycle, would a switch from 5 days a week chest/tris, back/biceps, abs/core/legs @ ca 35-40 sets to 4 days full body @ ca 20 sets be adequate to maintain? I’ll keep it as heavy as possible. I’ll continue 1 day of LISS cardio. I can’t continue the high volume off of testosterone, obviously (I’m 47).

In case you’re wondering, I’ll be following the perfect PCT protocol in terms of serms and cardarine.

How do you guys approach lifting volume during PCT? Your advice is welcome.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't change anything. It's been a while but I used to just trained the same and eat for my new maitnence weight till next cycle

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I increase volume on cycle so as your already thinking I drop it off cycle, but I try to drop the rep range slightly and go heavier just to maintain a stimulus. Shorten sessions to an hour to minimise cortisol impact as well.

Just my thoughts but I’m a million miles away from getting this nailed myself so keen to see what others say

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I keep my volume and length of workouts the same. While changing my diet to more omega based fats vs a clean bulk of red meat chicken etc.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Curious of your gains from only test e. What was your begining weight and max lifts vs where you are now?

Slapoyjoe

Curious of your gains from only test e. What was your begining weight and max lifts vs where you are now?
I had a tbol kickstart. My cycle is 500 mg test e/week.

I’m 47 so I don’t really max out anymore because of joint issues.

My max 1 rep bench before was 315, which I can do now for 6 reps, and maybe a 7th before cycle ends. My lifts are up across the board, and I’m squatting 315 for serious reps now. My lifting volume right now is insane and I know unsustainable off cycle. That’s why I’m asking.

I’m 5’11, started at 200 pounds. I weigh 235 atm. First test cycle ever. No cardio atm, though I am a runner and will be again.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
40 sets per workout? How the hell can you do that many working sets? I'm totally spent to muscle failure at 24- 26 working sets.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The simple answer would be: always have your messocycle's set up arround your maximum recoverable volume. This volume will differ a lot between on cycle and off cycle off course.

Assuming you know what your volume is off cycle just revert to that. You basically have no other choice. You can not exceed this as your performance will start declining and it makes no sense going below it as you wont be training at your max and will sacrifice gains.

Regarding pct... it will depend where you letf off when you started pct. Where you in the middle of your cycle or at the end? Have you deloaded or not. Do you feel burned out or not?

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulking increases testosterone and keeps muscle. Remember to run though. It is definitely necessary

Slapoyjoe

40 sets per workout? How the hell can you do that many working sets? I'm totally spent to muscle failure at 24- 26 working sets.
Oh it totally kicks my ass. No question. I crawl out of the gym, but man, I'm blowing up!

Slapoyjoe

Question: so how does your lifting routine differ on Pct than when your cutting?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Question: so how does your lifting routine differ on Pct than when your cutting?
I lift probably double the volume when cutting. In PCT I lift like I’m trying to grow. Hard pump (assisted with supps: karbolyn, arginine, citrulline, beta alanine etc) then slow deliberate heavy work to near-failure. Just keep doing the deed.