Lifting Bro Crisis

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hello everyone! I hope y'all are having a great year so far.

I just finished a semester in college and made a great deal of progress over the period of time there. Strength was sky-rocketing, and body composition was improving. However, the biggest thing I can contribute to that is from having a great lifting partner; where we would always push and compete against one another.

Before the semester had ended I was at my strongest and so was he. We were planning on trying to accomplish a 405 bench by the end of the break. However, this is going to be a bit unlikely now. We had taken a week break from lifting since he was going to be in California for family. When it was time to begin lifting again a 315 squat no longer felt like 185, and now was struggling similar to a 455 squat, and 315 was no longer easy to get for bench and body composition looked flat.

Its very likely in a few hard weeks of training we'll be back at the top, that's not necessarily the problem. My gym partner, and also life long friend mentioned that college isn't working out and he is going to be joining the army this coming months. What scares me is I feel like I'm going to lose a great friend and also become weaker due to his absence and lack of motivation.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very supportive of his plan and want him to be happy in whatever that he does.

I just don't know what I'm going to do now? Between missing a friend who I would see on a daily basis and a gym buddy who'd lift every day of the week with me.

Any advice would be awesome! Thanks for y'all's time!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I have rrained with partners (2 of which where my best friends) and honestly..I love training alone.My motivation?Remembering why I started in the first place.Get a kick ass preworkout and push yourself.I have accomplished alot more on my own than with someone who holds me back

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
If you want,start a training log here on AM..I would personally love to follow

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer training alone as well, but very much enjoy feedback and critique logging and posting my form videos on here.

Yeah, you're certainly going to be distanced from a good friend but that doesn't mean your progress can't be the same. After the time off ease back into it. I feel weaker with the limited gym time during the holidays as well.

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Appreciates y'all feedback! It'll certainly help with going into my next semester of school. Just gotta throw on those head phones and get after it I guess!