libido drop during a cut

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I've been cutting for nearly 4 months now, with one month where I bulked, but still with extremely clean foods.

i noticed one drastic change since cutting and that is libido. I would say a 90% or more decrease in libido.

do you think this is attributed to eating below a caloric maintenance? lack of fat (which I ate a LOT of when I was not cutting)? or general stress from not always feeling full from meals?

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Could be a lot of things. Could be stress from the cut in general. Stress is a huge killer of sex drive. If you were eating enough cholesterol in the fats you were eating then I doubt it was from the diet's nutrients.

Fear

Fear

Awards
I think it has a lot to do with the fats man - I just finished a report for school about how nutrition affects mood and behavior, and one of the articles (I'll try to find it for you and post) mentioned how [good] fat plays a crucial role in mood and energy stability. Libido probably goes hand in hand with those. I would definitely play around with the amount of healthy fat as long as it fits your cut, and see how you feel.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been cutting for nearly 4 months now, with one month where I bulked, but still with extremely clean foods.

i noticed one drastic change since cutting and that is libido. I would say a 90% or more decrease in libido.

do you think this is attributed to eating below a caloric maintenance? lack of fat (which I ate a LOT of when I was not cutting)? or general stress from not always feeling full from meals?

i will say DEFINETLY lack of fat.

But the low caloric diet will definetly do it as well but fat is very important in the diet as you have just found out.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
As long as you're eating plenty of healthy fats still, it shouldn't affect that. Even if you're cutting you still need to take in plenty of omegas, mainly the EPA/DHA, and in my opinion, you still need dietary cholesterol. If you're that worried, get your LDL/HDL levels checked. Low total cholesterol, especially HDL can have effects on your mood. Keep eating those healthy fats. You have to remember that testosterone is made from cholesterol so it could be a limiting factor.

In short, yes the cut could be responsible for that depending on what your diet looks like.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
if all this fails just get a libido booster if you need it lol, but its probably the lack of fats to not have enough energy to get your sex drive going man