Levels out of whack after adding HCG to TRT?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys

On TRT

160mg / week

A month ago I got labs done with just test enanthate at 160/week

My T levels were 28 nmol/L (around 860 ng/dl)

And E2 was at 158

Doc told me to start adding 750 iu HCG

after just a month.

Test is 43.6 nmol/L (around 1240 ng/dl)

E2 is 279 (highest it’s ever been)

As soon as I saw the results I popped .5 arimidex I had on hand..

What could have caused this!?

First labs were taken 72 hours after second injection of the week in the morning

Second was taken around 55 hours after second injection (4:30pm) this was only because I’ve been working 7 days a week lately and it was the only time I could get in..

Question is... am I gonna die!? Lol.

But seriously do you think this is due to the HCG?

Please let me know

Andre

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hCG stimulates testosterone production in the testes (as an lh mimetic).

Higher testosterone will innevitably result in more e2.

hCG stimulates aromatisation.

Your results are not atypical.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
hCG stimulates testosterone precursors in the testes (lh).

Higher testosterone will innevitably result in more e2.

hCG stimulates aromatisation.

Your results are not atypical.
Thanks for the response.

So I’m guessing if I’m going to continue the HCG I’ll have to come down on the test and continue using adex?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the response.

So I’m guessing if I’m going to continue the HCG I’ll have to come down on the test and continue using adex?
Thats primarily up to you and your treating physician. Id certainly be keen to drop the e2 level if it were me, preferably via an AI but also maybe lowering the test dose too. Seems like a high'sh hCG dose if thats going to be a longterm amount.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Thats primarily up to you and your treating physician. Id certainly be keen to drop the e2 level if it were me, preferably via an AI but also maybe lowering the test dose too. Seems like a high'sh hCG dose if thats going to be a longterm amount.
She originally prescribed me 1200iu a week. I decided to do 750 because I read that’s what’s common.

What dose would you suggest? Would 500 a week be substantial?

Thinking about pinning 250 on the same days as my test injections. Monday and Thursday.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
She originally prescribed me 1200iu a week. I decided to do 750 because I read that’s what’s common.

What dose would you suggest? Would 500 a week be substantial?

Thinking about pinning 250 on the same days as my test injections. Monday and Thursday.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Im not really suggesting anything specific, just noting that 750iu seems a little on the high side for an ongoing weekly dose; most protocols Ive seen typically dont go above 500iu and have very particular dose timings. But, most of my exposure on this subject is restricted to sites where John Crisler and Justin Saya's philosophies and treatments dominate.

But even these guys say there is no real cookie-cutter protocol, but general guidelines that will be modified according to patient response and bloodwork. In saying that, Id assume that if 750iu is putting your test and e2 too high, itd be a better option to trial lowering the hCG (especially if your trt protocol was spot on prior to starting the hCG, and if the lower hCG dose will still achieve what is desired whilst minimally impacting other values undesirably).

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Im not really suggesting anything specific, just noting that 750iu seems a little on the high side for an ongoing weekly dose; most protocols Ive seen typically dont go above 500iu and have very particular dose timings. But, most of my exposure on this subject is restricted to sites where John Crisler and Justin Saya's philosophies and treatments dominate.

But even these guys say there is no real cookie-cutter protocol, but general guidelines that will be modified according to patient response and bloodwork. In saying that, Id assume that if 750iu is putting your test and e2 too high, itd be a better option to trial lowering the hCG (especially if your trt protocol was spot on prior to starting the hCG, and if the lower hCG dose will still achieve what is desired whilst minimally impacting other values undesirably).
Awesome.

Thanks Nac, always a great help

Reactions: Nac