Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Idea @Iwilleattuna . The strong always find a way !

prettymakopaws

prettymakopaws

Awards
I'd recommend laying a thick sheet of plywood under the rack and bench so you have something more stable than carpet when you go to squat out of it.
Oh you mean I can't do it on slippery carpet with socks on? But yeah that's a good idea! I'm sure we can pick some up somewhere. Thanks!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone get any New (to you) Equipment during COVID ??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Anyone get any New (to you) Equipment during COVID ??
Nope but I've been looking around seeing as 1 out of 10ppl in CT have covid I'm sure there gonna shut the gyms back down soon.

Anyone know a good site for used equipment? I've been looking at new stuff and you cant do much with a $1000 limit on new equipment

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope but I've been looking around seeing as 1 out of 10ppl in CT have covid I'm sure there gonna shut the gyms back down soon.

Anyone know a good site for used equipment? I've been looking at new stuff and you cant do much with a $1000 limit on new equipment
You may not be able to get a "home gym" with the price gouging happening in online marketplaces but you can still get some decent stuff.

Not used, but:

Spud Inc has all sorts of random things that you can be creative with. They have a decent pulley system that you can hang from something. You could also make a homeade one or search other sites.

If you've got $1000 to spend, you could spend on some powerblocks with weight extension packs.

Elite FTS mountain dog band pack is a good assortment of bands.

You can still score some inexpensive benches from FB marketplace.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You may not be able to get a "home gym" with the price gouging happening in online marketplaces but you can still get some decent stuff.

Not used, but:

Spud Inc has all sorts of random things that you can be creative with. They have a decent pulley system that you can hang from something. You could also make a homeade one or search other sites.

If you've got $1000 to spend, you could spend on some powerblocks with weight extension packs.

Elite FTS mountain dog band pack is a good assortment of bands.

You can still score some inexpensive benches from FB marketplace.
I already got a bench, barbell and 500lbs of plates, some random dumbbells and a pulley system I made for cable curls and rope pressdown ect. Some leg attachments for the bench. I can already get a decent workout at home but I'm more so looking to keep adding so it feels like a gym and not a basement full of random old weights

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm probably gonna build a squat rack unless I can find a deal on a power rack. And looking for a leg press which is insanely expensive

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IMG_8436.JPG

My newest addition. Even during these times I’ve found great deals. Just gotta look. As far as plates I bought way more than I needed at super cheap prices then sold what I didn’t need for a reasonable price to other people.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm probably gonna build a squat rack unless I can find a deal on a power rack. And looking for a leg press which is insanely expensive
Have you looked around at half-racks? Get Rxd and Fringe Sport have some decently priced half racks w/ pullup bars.

Leg press would be sweet but I've never seen anything cheap. Well, I have, but it's probably garbage. I've seen some homeade pendulum's, though.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you looked around at half-racks? Get Rxd and Fringe Sport have some decently priced half racks w/ pullup bars.

Leg press would be sweet but I've never seen anything cheap. Well, I have, but it's probably garbage. I've seen some homeade pendulum's, though.
This. Also check out Titan fitness. I have their x-3 short half rack and it’s a beast. Lots of accessories for it as well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I bought most of my Home Gym piece by piece on Craig's List, you just have to check it everyday !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish could build stuff like this
Lat M.JPG

Lat pull down I built (I had to buy the metal to build this) the bars beside it were all made out of scrap. I also built the dumbell rack beside it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s impressive! How long did it take?
I would say about 8 hours, I added the Lo Row later and when I moved my gym to the basement I had to cut it a part and shorten it because on the low ceilings !!

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s Rad! What are your favorite/most used pieces/bars? I’m about to make some additions. Thinking reverse hyper and Buffalo bar or trap bar
I like the Buffalo Bar and SSB Bar for squats, my shoulders are pretty bad. My wife uses the SSB all the time for squats as well.
I got a Texas deadlift bar I use all the time, I have 2 trap bars I havent used much lately, but plan on cycling it back in. (One has raised handles, one has inline (lower) handles. I bench with my York Olympic bar from the 70's or 80's. (A nice bar). I try to use most of my stuff this way it keeps the workouts fresh, etc. I LOVE the Reverse Hyper, my bad back is getting better.

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Damn some of these home gyms look better than the nice big gyms in terms of the setup, equipment and just atmosphere. Like the old school hardcore dungeons of the 80s and 90s. Anyone from NYC here been to powerhouse in the Bronx or the old Elmos in the heights? Reminds me of that atmosphere.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like the Buffalo Bar and SSB Bar for squats, my shoulders are pretty bad. My wife uses the SSB all the time for squats as well.
I got a Texas deadlift bar I use all the time, I have 2 trap bars I havent used much lately, but plan on cycling it back in. (One has raised handles, one has inline (lower) handles. I bench with my York Olympic bar from the 70's or 80's. (A nice bar). I try to use most of my stuff this way it keeps the workouts fresh, etc. I LOVE the Reverse Hyper, my bad back is getting better.
I have an ssb, Texas power and squat bars . I think the reverse hyper will be my next purchase as well as a trap bar

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DSCN0226.JPG

This isn't a home gym, but one I visited when in Grenada. It was the local Police Dept Gym

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 201952

This isn't a home gym, but one I visited when in Grenada. It was the local Police Dept Gym
Are you from Grenada? My GF is and I was there exactly a year ago. Loved it. I saw a gym in the big shopping center by the college but didn’t check it out. That’s definitely cool to have that at the job.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you from Grenada? My GF is and I was there exactly a year ago. Loved it. I saw a gym in the big shopping center by the college but didn’t check it out. That’s definitely cool to have that at the job.
No From PA, I was just visiting back in 2005.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every once in a while (not often) I might get into a rut for whatever reason (injury, run-down feeling, things going on in life, etc) where drive/focus might be lacking. (In my 42 years of training I never took off more than a week, (except once, missed 2 weeks on my honeymoon back in 1989).

Not feeling it this past week, run-down, lots of work stuff, interrupted sleep, etc). Next week Ill run my "minimalist" routine in my home gym (Still pushing the heavy weights) but stripped down a bit. A good maintenance routine for me at my age. In mid 50's, I cant really expect to put on any more mass (actually that would be stupid) but this keeps me in business of maintaing what I have, and really thats my goal these days. hang on to my muscle as I age. On shoulder day, the third exercise is "Dumbbell side/rear lateral raise super-set).

Attachments

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Every once in a while (not often) I might get into a rut for whatever reason (injury, run-down feeling, things going on in life, etc) where drive/focus might be lacking. (In my 42 years of training I never took off more than a week, (except once, missed 2 weeks on my honeymoon back in 1989).

Not feeling it this past week, run-down, lots of work stuff, interrupted sleep, etc). Next week Ill run my "minimalist" routine in my home gym (Still pushing the heavy weights) but stripped down a bit. A good maintenance routine for me at my age. In mid 50's, I cant really expect to put on any more mass (actually that would be stupid) but this keeps me in business of maintaing what I have, and really thats my goal these days. hang on to my muscle as I age. On shoulder day, the third exercise is "Dumbbell side/rear lateral raise super-set).
Never Give Up !!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Do own a Viking press or just use a landmine with attachment?

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do own a Viking press or just use a landmine with attachment?
Viking Press handle, then done in a Power rack across the uprights using Olympic bar.. Sort of like how this guy is setup, but with a good handle and only one barbell.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Viking Press handle, then done in a Power rack across the uprights using Olympic bar.. Sort of like how this guy is setup, but with a good handle and only one barbell.

Oh nice I do the same with my axle and the Titan Viking attachment. I also have a single hand attachment. Love Viking presses

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you have a Landmine, the Titan Gnarly Handles are a worthwhile buy IMO.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
@Rocket3015 do you mig weld it or another? Interested since just bought some land and will start using mig again to build a fence around the property.... I know how to weld just never really learned the strength etc of the stuff lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Rocket3015 do you mig weld it or another? Interested since just bought some land and will start using mig again to build a fence around the property.... I know how to weld just never really learned the strength etc of the stuff lol
I have a Stick and a Mig Welder, I almost always use the Mig.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are out on a decent-sized piece of property, it might be worth it to get a welder/generator that runs stick. It would save you having to run a generator AND a MIG setup. You can always get the stuff later to use it for TIG as well. MIG is definitely easy around the shop though and is what I use at home.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you are out on a decent-sized piece of property, it might be worth it to get a welder/generator that runs stick. It would save you having to run a generator AND a MIG setup. You can always get the stuff later to use it for TIG as well. MIG is definitely easy around the shop though and is what I use at home.
Good Thought !!

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is large.. I just never learned stick. May look into it if it's similar but don't want to drop cash and then lack the skills lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is large.. I just never learned stick. May look into it if it's similar but don't want to drop cash and then lack the skills lol
The more you do it the better you will get.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So my treadmill **** the bed. Looking for either a new one, a recumbent bike or another elliptical. Anyone know any low cost quality ones.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So my treadmill **** the bed. Looking for either a new one, a recumbent bike or another elliptical. Anyone know any low cost quality ones.
I'm sure you can find something on Craig's List barely used !

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

My gym became cramped and was susceptible to flooding, so I moved it into a more oversized shed. I am hoping to add more to the unit as the year goes on. The next purchases will be an adjustable cable and a reverse hyper.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the most expensive dog bed I have ever seen
Haha. I promise you she thinks it's not good enough for her.