Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
meltedbarrel Looks like you are of to a Great start!!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
IMG_6694.jpg

Not a lot of space there but make the best of it. I use a collapsible walker for dips and have a bar in the door for pull-ups. The dumbbells are every 5lbs up to 45 then 60,70,85,and finally got a pair of 100’s

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
Im confused...Blues, Cardinals, AND Blackhawks? Good looking set up though!
Ha! I get that a lot. I grew up in STL and my wife in Chicago. She is a Cardinals fan (hates Cubs, south side girl) but since she uses the basement to work out, thought I’d throw in a little something for her with the Blackhawks.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im confused...Blues, Cardinals, AND Blackhawks? Good looking set up though!
Ha! I get that a lot. I grew up in STL and my wife in Chicago. She is a Cardinals fan (hates Cubs, south side girl) but since she uses the basement to work out, thought I’d throw in a little something for her with the Blackhawks.
Just started on my basement gym over Christmas.

Your dolls on the couch, or your training partners ??

View attachment 160266

Not a lot of space there but make the best of it. I use a collapsible walker for dips and have a bar in the door for pull-ups. The dumbbells are every 5lbs up to 45 then 60,70,85,and finally got a pair of 100’s
It is more important to use what you have, and it looks like you are making good use of the space !!

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
Your dolls on the couch, or your training partners?
My 7 year old daughter comes downstairs and workouts with me doing band exercises and squats. I’m hoping it catches on with her a bit as she gets older, but for now, its a bit of working out then playing with the dolls.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My 7 year old daughter comes downstairs and workouts with me doing band exercises and squats. I’m hoping it catches on with her a bit as she gets older, but for now, its a bit of working out then playing with the dolls.
I have 2 daughters, I knew the answer before typed it !!

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
Your dolls on the couch, or your training partners ??

It is more important to use what you have, and it looks like you are making good use of the space !!
^Completely agree with that statement!
As long as your rocking out, it doesn’t matter!

I would love to have more height to be able to do overhead stuff, is my only thing I can’t get done.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Hey im just curious how much money you guys have put into a home gym set up? I would like to do it one day but its not realistic at the moment ive just always wanted to have a good setup so i can smash in my garage

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey im just curious how much money you guys have put into a home gym set up? I would like to do it one day but its not realistic at the moment ive just always wanted to have a good setup so i can smash in my garage
I started out in a spare bedroom with very little equipment that was mostly home made, very little money !!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I started out in a spare bedroom with very little equipment that was mostly home made, very little money !!
Yeah i just eventually want to do it. My current gym is like a 2 minute drive away from home and is only 35 a month for 24 hour access so im content for now

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im with ya. It's gonna be the second major purchase i make once i get out of school get my "adult job". First will be a place to live...I suppose you need a home to have a home gym. I figure I plan on working out for at least another 20 years, at 360$ a year (probably on the low end for gyms with powerlifting/strongman equipment) x20 = 7200. As long as I stay below that # ill be happy and will save money.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im with ya. It's gonna be the second major purchase i make once i get out of school get my "adult job". First will be a place to live...I suppose you need a home to have a home gym. I figure I plan on working out for at least another 20 years, at 360$ a year (probably on the low end for gyms with powerlifting/strongman equipment) x20 = 7200. As long as I stay below that # ill be happy and will save money.
Well, I lost a lot of money then lol.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I lost a lot of money then lol.
Haha. Yah, just because thats my goal doesn't mean it will necessarily happen. But you also have a lot of extra goodies that I wouldnt get and are hoping to start up a gym.

I want is a sturdy rack with band pegs, ~800lbs worth of weights, a tx deadlift bar, transformer bar, good standard power bar, duffalo, belt squat, some farmers handles, spud pulleys, elitefts bands. That should get me by for a while. Probably will pick up some heavy dbs as time goes on but i dont need those right away.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Fitfactory Great Looking Place !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone pic up any new equipment lately ??

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since my last post I picked up some small things on Craigslist to give me more options. Another bar, more weight, another bench, a dip station (not pictured), a rack that has a hi/low pulley and fly machine. Also picked up a multi grip bar and some small things like occlusion bands and fat grips. Oh, and more barbell quick-clamps.

Next on the list is a hex bar, bar stand, and a GHR and leg press attachment for my rack.

Always a work in progress.

IMG_3625.JPG

IMG_3626.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice additions. I need to get a Hex Bar also !!

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever cover up the bolt heads of their rack with anything. On the rack I have the bold on the lower supports are the exact height as a bar sitting on 45’s. I wasn’t paying attention and pushed a bar away, and bang, nice little scratch on the bar. Not a big deal overall, but looking for something decent looking.

I did find som silicone lug nut covers and though they might work, but bought the wrong size.. Might have to try a larger size, but thought maybe someone else here may have an idea or two.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hopefully someone will have a good idea for you................

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever cover up the bolt heads of their rack with anything. On the rack I have the bold on the lower supports are the exact height as a bar sitting on 45’s. I wasn’t paying attention and pushed a bar away, and bang, nice little scratch on the bar. Not a big deal overall, but looking for something decent looking.

I did find som silicone lug nut covers and though they might work, but bought the wrong size.. Might have to try a larger size, but thought maybe someone else here may have an idea or two.
Go to Lowe's/home Depot and look for re-bar safety caps....they are plastic and orange...they look like a mushroom

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established

Go to Lowe's/home Depot and look for re-bar safety caps....they are plastic and orange...they look like a mushroom

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
That's a good idea, something I didn't think of. I'll set to see if they have any of those at work that I can pick up.

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
So I bought some hooks from Lowes/Menards (cant remember) and drilled out the screw holes to fit the 5/8” bolts through. Since there was more than enough thread left to still put the nuts on, this worked out well. Other than that, I did not really do anything. Each hook is rated for 100lbs if screwed into a stud, so should be strong enough.

View attachment 170156View attachment 170157View attachment 170158

Reactions: dds
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Idea !!

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
Been wanting a deadlift jack due to using Rouge HG bumpers, all weight the same size, me being lazy, etc. So I decided just to make one out of wood. I only pull around 365 max, and it holds up good, nice and stable. Built a prototype just to see if it would work, so I'll make a nicer one when I get to it. Free wood from scrap being thrown out, only cost was some screws.

View attachment 171449

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Been wanting a deadlift jack due to using Rouge HG bumpers, all weight the same size, me being lazy, etc. So I decided just to make one out of wood. I only pull around 365 max, and it holds up good, nice and stable. Built a prototype just to see if it would work, so I'll make a nicer one when I get to it. Free wood from scrap being thrown out, only cost was some screws.

View attachment 171449
Home made and free, great combination. My first bench (1970) was made from wood.

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
A couple of small adjustments. I moved the weight storage against a wall just to free up some space to walk around the basement. It also gives the appearance of more room.

I added my old stereo as well as my old speakers and sub, two more by the treadmill and elliptical, so I don’t have to wear headphones.

View attachment 176086View attachment 176087

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A couple of small adjustments. I moved the weight storage against a wall just to free up some space to walk around the basement. It also gives the appearance of more room.

I added my old stereo as well as my old speakers and sub, two more by the treadmill and elliptical, so I don’t have to wear headphones.

View attachment 176086View attachment 176087
Nice Set Up!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let's keep these home gym pic coming. I love to see them !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like those peg boards, are they aluminum ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

meltedbarrel

Awards
  • Established
Built a stand for doing calf raises. About 3.5 ft deep x 2.5 ft wide. Made of some 2x12’s with stall mat underneath. Can be flipped to get a bit higher if needed. Also put some extra underlayment I had lying around under potions of my platform where it wasn’t touching the ground. View attachment 176771