Let’s of pancakes

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m looking for advice on my next cycle.
I’m 206 and need to reach 190-195 by roughly June. I’m not bodybuilding, I’m a strength athlete.
My thinking is - run trest and maybe some add one and bulk up for 8 weeks. Then remove all but 300mg test for the next 8 weeks to maintain strength as I cut. That puts me in march.

mid have at least 3 more months ( I might have longer than June since the exact competition date isn’t announced).

from there I could just take a month off or continue with 300 test until I reach my goal weight.

my other option is to not bulk, just cut. BUT if I do that I’ll be leaving some strength on the table since I won’t be bulking.

what would you guys suggest? @Hyde

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There’s a lot of benefit to training around the actual leverages you’ll be using in the competition. I would do the blasts more as a recomp, adding the drugs without raising calories.

It also depends if you will be doing a watercut, how much can you reliably commit to cutting without impacting strength or risking injury to a greater degree. And how far out the weighin is (ie, 24 hour or 2 hour). I don’t think more than 5 lbs is going to be ideal with a weighin same day. If 24 hour, I believe in keeping things within ~7% weightloss in water. Less is better though still.

So if you actually need to get down to 196 to compete, you want to get down there for some of your training, not train at 210 for months then crash the weight off. If you train at 210, you would want to be planning a 20lb watercut - which is about 10%, and therefore probably excessively stressful/risky.