Less mg 6+ weeks > more mg 4 weeks

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Conducting yet another experiment with orals since they are so misunderstood. 5lbs a week just isn’t something you’re going to be able to keep all of. And it comes with a slew of undesirable sides. I’ve said this of the better orals for some time:

10mg SD for 5-6 weeks is so much easier and more maintainable than 20+mg for 4 weeks. Every time.
Dbol is even better. 30mg for 6-7 weeks is a dream compared to 50-60 for 4. No fatigue, no insane water fluctuations. Just steady, consistent, maintainable gains.

The list pretty much goes on for strong orals. For some reason, most really don’t kick fully in for me until about 2 full weeks. Ya I’d see more gains those last two if I was running higher doses, But it’s 90% water. Week3-6 are critical to keep a solid amount of muscle. I don’t think I’m going back to aggressive oral dosing again after this run.

Agree/Disagree?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Conducting yet another experiment with orals since they are so misunderstood. 5lbs a week just isn’t something you’re going to be able to keep all of. And it comes with a slew of undesirable sides. I’ve said this of the better orals for some time:

10mg SD for 5-6 weeks is so much easier and more maintainable than 20+mg for 4 weeks. Every time.
Dbol is even better. 30mg for 6-7 weeks is a dream compared to 50-60 for 4. No fatigue, no insane water fluctuations. Just steady, consistent, maintainable gains.

The list pretty much goes on for strong orals. For some reason, most really don’t kick fully in for me until about 2 full weeks. Ya I’d see more gains those last two if I was running higher doses, But it’s 90% water. Week3-6 are critical to keep a solid amount of muscle. I don’t think I’m going back to aggressive oral dosing again after this run.

Agree/Disagree?
Man it would be cool if we could set up a few guys running some cycles like this and really track progress and sides and such. I've come to the conclusion that gains are going to be roughly the same. The shorter/ higher dosed runs will undoubtedly come with many more sides....as you state.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sort of... I find without the high dose I do not gain an equal weight. In fact, I usually plateau after 8 weeks no matter what unless I change what I’m using. So... for me, it seems better to use stronger, shorter bursts of orals, median blasts of injectables, which change every few weeks, and then finally the maintenance doses of whatever I might choose in between cycles.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
IMO longer cycles make more sense because you can only build so much muscle in a week. Moderate dosage 4-6 weeks then numb up dosage calories and intensity for another 2 or more. More AAS means more workout intensity and better gains IMO but I think you need to give your body at least 6-8 weeks to add significant keepable mass. Remember water weight isn’t always bad since your muscles are comprised almost exclusively by water.

Although there is a difference between bloating and associated water weight and intercellular water which is actually part of the muscle tissue.

Just my opinion. And if you are wanting to bulk really effectively IMO you should do longer injectible cycles that slap on real mass like test, deca, or NPP. With adrol or superdrol as a kicker and also at the end to blast through plateaus and possibly lower SHBG wich should give you another nice bump in anabolic activity.

I think slin is something else useful during short blasts alongside peptides and or HGH. Because slin greatly amplifies or potentially surpasses gains made by AAS

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMO longer cycles make more sense because you can only build so much muscle in a week. Moderate dosage 4-6 weeks then numb up dosage calories and intensity for another 2 or more. More AAS means more workout intensity and better gains IMO but I think you need to give your body at least 6-8 weeks to add significant keepable mass. Remember water weight isn’t always bad since your muscles are comprised almost exclusively by water.

Although there is a difference between bloating and associated water weight and intercellular water which is actually part of the muscle tissue.

Just my opinion. And if you are wanting to bulk really effectively IMO you should do longer injectible cycles that slap on real mass like test, deca, or NPP. With adrol or superdrol as a kicker and also at the end to blast through plateaus and possibly lower SHBG wich should give you another nice bump in anabolic activity.

I think slin is something else useful during short blasts alongside peptides and or HGH. Because slin greatly amplifies or potentially surpasses gains made by AAS
Have you been using Lantus or a shorter acting? Having used both I’m almost convinced I like Nov-R better for lean, rapid gains. I still want to give Lantus another run these next few months. I did notice some fat gain but I guess without growth that’s to be expected. I’ve had a few scares with Nov-R enough that I’d tread carefully moving forward.

Neither have shown me any kind of pancreatic suppression as so many theorize.
Maybe if you are a pro running 100mcg 2x a day for 5 years, but not the average gym rat bulking up.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Less mg 6+ weeks > more mg 4 weeks

Have you been using Lantus or a shorter acting? Having used both I’m almost convinced I like Nov-R better for lean, rapid gains. I still want to give Lantus another run these next few months. I did notice some fat gain but I guess without growth that’s to be expected. I’ve had a few scares with Nov-R enough that I’d tread carefully moving forward.

Neither have shown me any kind of pancreatic suppression as so many theorize.
Maybe if you are a pro running 100mcg 2x a day for 5 years, but not the average gym rat bulking up.
I really really don’t think insulin causes pancreatic suppression at anything resembling normal doses. It isn’t mentioned in any medical literature which is relevant to insulin therapy that I have read.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From what I understand, more pros end up diabetic from NOT using insulin by far.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
From what I understand, more pros end up diabetic from NOT using insulin by far.
Exactly. GH causes so much insulin sensitivity that most need slin just to diet or bulk adequately.