Legs injections.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All right folks here we are. Probably done over a thousand injections but never tried legs. Hear lots of horror stories and that thing where you constantly hit nerves and hurt yourself doesn’t sound appealing to me. I’m in a rebound phase slowly switching to off season and instead of doing my regular test/npp or eq I plan on giving primo a try. So obviously will pin more often and I want to use a new spot. So 1) is it as bad as we can read online and 2) since I’m very lean I obviously can use a 5/8th inche needle like in my lats or shoulders so would this help me avoid hitting nerves? @Hyde @Whisky @CroLifter @Renew1 @BBiceps @Smont

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to only inject into my quads, but once I started glutes I never went back. Legs weren't bad but I did get more PIP than anywhere else. Give it a try and see how it works out for you.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to only inject into my quads, but once I started glutes I never went back. Legs weren't bad but I did get more PIP than anywhere else. Give it a try and see how it works out for you.
What about the rest? Going shorter needle (in lean) should avoid the other problems of hitting stuff?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used 5/8" to 3" needles for Quads and hit nerves with both. 25 gauge is nearly painless but works best as a shorter needle due to them flexing in your quads.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What about the rest? Going shorter needle (in lean) should avoid the other problems of hitting stuff?
I have hit both nerves and veins, neither one was a big deal, just felt weird. You will be fine!

rxrefill

Awards
Quads are super sensitive for me. Glutes are my main injection spot. I'd pin as small amount I could in quads. Save bigger amounts for glutes and delts imo.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I guess I should do like I did with shoulders to get them used to injection... I should pin a small amount to get the virgin muscle used to it.. like 0.5 or something

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just have the image of everybody saying you hit nerves and **** and it’s crazy painful like I don’t get it. But I need a new spot anyways.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
virgin muscle isn't a thing as far as I know. you don't want to repeatedly inject the same spot, supposed to let it heal. if you do it right it shouldn't hurt.

some tricks:
1. a bright light can make it so some people can see their veins to avoid them

2. I've been doing a poke test. I noticed some places just millimeters away will hurt a lot more or less. so if the initial poke hurts a lot, I move it a little bit

3. smaller needle

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have only injected quads a few times, 27-29g 5/8th slinpins only and small volumes like 0.5cc. I had PIP for several days that I’m sure would go away some if I got used to them but I just don’t find it necessary: I have 8 sites for 1cc or less I can rotate between both side & front delts , inner pecs, and ventroglutes, and both glutes for 1-3cc shots.

I just don’t take enough gear to need to need to mess with muscles that tear easier (lats, bis, tris, calves, quads, hams). That’s probably totally overly paranoid, but I have suffered enough injuries and lifting setbacks in strength sport that I just don’t need to add stressors to places that can fail anyway. I am generally injury prone, historically, and have to do more preventative stuff than the average bear.

I have hit nerves in both front delts several times and it’s just a very uncomfortable immediate muscle spasm; you will jump and pull the needle out ASAP. Not really painful, more frightening. I think I’ve heard with quads there are better and worse areas as far as likelihood of hitting nerves accidentally. But you just move the needle over a cm if you do.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
YES! Primo is by far my favorite, I’m sure you going to love it ❤

I never did legs though, I almost only do shoulders/delts and if you have good quality Primo (I’m sure you do) you shouldn’t have any pain in the delts from 23g 1.5in needles, I mostly use 25g 1/2in needles though.

Let me know how it goes, I’m excited for you!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have only injected quads a few times, 27-29g 5/8th slinpins only and small volumes like 0.5cc. I had PIP for several days that I’m sure would go away some if I got used to them but I just don’t find it necessary: I have 8 sites for 1cc or less I can rotate between both side & front delts , inner pecs, and ventroglutes, and both glutes for 1-3cc shots.

I just don’t take enough gear to need to need to mess with muscles that tear easier (lats, bis, tris, calves, quads, hams). That’s probably totally overly paranoid, but I have suffered enough injuries and lifting setbacks in strength sport that I just don’t need to add stressors to places that can fail anyway. I am generally injury prone, historically, and have to do more preventative stuff than the average bear.

I have hit nerves in both front delts several times and it’s just a very uncomfortable immediate muscle spasm; you will jump and pull the needle out ASAP. Not really painful, more frightening. I think I’ve heard with quads there are better and worse areas as far as likelihood of hitting nerves accidentally. But you just move the needle over a cm if you do.
Thanks for the explanation :) You pin biceps and triceps as an easy spot????My coach told me to start doing that too that somehow it would help the stimulus when I train arms and the mind to muscle connexion and just might help somehow (he does it) but he seems to say it’s very painful to go through all the little muscle fibers?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the explanation :) You pin biceps and triceps as an easy spot????My coach told me to start doing that too that somehow it would help the stimulus when I train arms and the mind to muscle connexion and just might help somehow (he does it) but he seems to say it’s very painful to go through all the little muscle fibers?
Never used either site; I have torn my biceps and seen what happens when guys tear their triceps (it’s a much worse injury to come back from than biceps in my opinion). Strongman takes biceps out left and right as is, and powerlifting doesn’t do triceps any favors.

But for the competitive bodybuilder, I would go so far as to say you MUST get comfortable pinning those sites to score optimally. Most guys will visually need site enhancement in one or the other, if not both, to balance the physique out (same for quads and calves too). Putting your oil there is guaranteed local size & delivery, you will want to use things like IGF1 and amino acid blends locally, SEOs as mentioned.

So the short answer: I never will, but most serious bodybuilders would be leaving a little size on the table by not bilaterally pinning those sites.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Never used either site; I have torn my biceps and seen what happens when guys tear their triceps (it’s a much worse injury to come back from than biceps in my opinion). Strongman takes biceps out left and right as is, and powerlifting doesn’t do triceps any favors.

But for the competitive bodybuilder, I would go so far as to say you MUST get comfortable pinning those sites to score optimally. Most guys will visually need site enhancement in one or the other, if not both, to balance the physique out (same for quads and calves too). Putting your oil there is guaranteed local size & delivery, you will want to use things like IGF1 and amino acid blends locally, SEOs as mentioned.

So the short answer: I never will, but most serious bodybuilders would be leaving a little size on the table by not bilaterally pinning those sites.
So I should.... without let’s say pinning full ccs or big amounts even just take an insulin needle and pin like 0.25ml of test and stuff like that in my biceps if they’re a weak point. My coach says I’m completely balanced but I disagree 😂. Or you thing for local size enhancement due to injection and tissue scarring id need to do bigger doses like 0.5 and up ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I should.... without let’s say pinning full ccs or big amounts even just take an insulin needle and pin like 0.25ml of test and stuff like that in my biceps if they’re a weak point. My coach says I’m completely balanced but I disagree . Or you thing for local size enhancement due to injection and tissue scarring id need to do bigger doses like 0.5 and up ?
That’s out of my wheelhouse. Bostin Lloyd has some good info out on use as he makes a handful of different SEO blends.

I realize there’s a pretty big difference between a tiny volume of IGF1 being pinned locally where the transcription factors are what’s driving size increase vs an SEO where you are pushing size gain via actual volumization.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I should.... without let’s say pinning full ccs or big amounts even just take an insulin needle and pin like 0.25ml of test and stuff like that in my biceps if they’re a weak point. My coach says I’m completely balanced but I disagree . Or you thing for local size enhancement due to injection and tissue scarring id need to do bigger doses like 0.5 and up ?
imo biceps are easy to overgrow, just train them more?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
imo biceps are easy to overgrow, just train them more?
At a certain point in your physique that’s not really how it works. When you’re way beyond your genetic potential your weak points are tougher to grow while a strong point like my back will grow even if I train it every other week. It’s a typical misconception people have that "train it more" brings more gains. Most of the time less is more. My biceps will never be a strong strong point but I’m adapting and going more with tempos and specific techniques and it seems to help. Anyways my coach says I don’t have a weak point it’s probably just my mind that wants crazy big arms lol.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
At a certain point in your physique that’s not really how it works. When you’re way beyond your genetic potential your weak points are tougher to grow while a strong point like my back will grow even if I train it every other week. It’s a typical misconception people have that "train it more" brings more gains. Most of the time less is more. My biceps will never be a strong strong point but I’m adapting and going more with tempos and specific techniques and it seems to help. Anyways my coach says I don’t have a weak point it’s probably just my mind that wants crazy big arms lol.
it's just that it's a smaller muscle so it doesn't kill you to add more. rich Piana recommend "feeders" for stuff like that.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
it's just that it's a smaller muscle so it doesn't kill you to add more. rich Piana recommend "feeders" for stuff like that.
You’re right it’s a smaller muscle that doesn’t require the same type of training I could try and add more volume. I’m against high volume I don’t think it’s optimal but for small muscles like arms you’re right.. I could work!!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I regularly inject my quads. Even 100mg of prop has no pip for me. Neither does 250mg of E.
I rotate between quads and glutes mostly.

I find its a convenient place to inject. I use 27g 5/8 needles, even when injecting a full 1ml of test e or prop (drawing with a 21g from ampoule).

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Will do my first one tonight. I’ll be doing smaller injections in biceps and triceps too later this week.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I regularly inject my quads. Even 100mg of prop has no pip for me. Neither does 250mg of E.
I rotate between quads and glutes mostly.

I find its a convenient place to inject. I use 27g 5/8 needles, even when injecting a full 1ml of test e or prop (drawing with a 21g from ampoule).
Isnt PIP more dependant on volume (ml) instead of mg?

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Will do my first one tonight. I’ll be doing smaller injections in biceps and triceps too later this week.
I’ve been doing quad injections for 14 weeks now. 0.5ml twice a week with 25g 1/2” needle. I’ve only had two painful pins and both times I either went too high or too low on the quad. Otherwise, don’t even feel it and very minimal pip if any.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep in mind Rich’s arms were exceptionally full of SEO, much more so than the average top pro (as the goal is not to visibly distort/smooth the muscle presentation). Not discrediting everything else he did for his arms, BUT he’s a perfect example of the difference in size they can make. It’s not as if they were ‘only’ built with lots of frequency and volume but without site injection.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Keep in mind Rich’s arms were exceptionally full of SEO, much more so than the average top pro (as the goal is not to visibly distort/smooth the muscle presentation). Not discrediting everything else he did for his arms, BUT he’s a perfect example of the difference in size they can make. It’s not as if they were ‘only’ built with lots of frequency and volume but without site injection.
he was doing calf feeders when he was talking about it, but he was recommending someone else should do bicep feeders.

for arms he did the 8 hour arm workout lol

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
he was doing calf feeders when he was talking about it, but he was recommending someone else should do bicep feeders.

for arms he did the 8 hour arm workout lol
And none of what he did made sense. He was 1) genetically gifted 2) horribly abusing steroids 3) worked out hard and dieted well and was focused 4) plenty seos in his arms. None of what he suggested would bring a average joe with average genetics to national levels doing 8 hours arms workout or even 3-4 arms workout a week to bring up arms. Doesn’t work like that

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hated doing them for about 20yrs, I used 25g 5/8 and never pushed through right away, I would tap the plunger..that way if I touched a nerve (leg would quiver) I could move the pin up or down to avoid. Not fun blowing through a nerve.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah just did exactly as suggested here. For delts, glutes and lats i usually just slam it in idk but for the quads I just gently pushed in. By the end I felt I was touched something so I avoided going deeper and injected. It was completely painless. I was probably lucky. Anyways I’m happy I can have a new spot to rotate. Let’s see if I’ll have any PIP tomorrow tho. Usually for me pip is associated with painful injections so I’m thinking I’ll be fine. Did the right legs and will do the left one before bed

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah just did exactly as suggested here. For delts, glutes and lats i usually just slam it in idk but for the quads I just gently pushed in. By the end I felt I was touched something so I avoided going deeper and injected. It was completely painless. I was probably lucky. Anyways I’m happy I can have a new spot to rotate. Let’s see if I’ll have any PIP tomorrow tho. Usually for me pip is associated with painful injections so I’m thinking I’ll be fine. Did the right legs and will do the left one before bed
I know you’ve heard this but best thing if you expect pip, if you can line it up in the rotation, is to do the shot right before you train it. This definitely helped with DHB for me.

I’ve always wanted to do an 8 hour arms just to say I did it, but never had a buddy to agree and I hate training arms

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know you’ve heard this but best thing if you expect pip, if you can line it up in the rotation, is to do the shot right before you train it. This definitely helped with DHB for me.

I’ve always wanted to do an 8 hour arms just to say I did it, but never had a buddy to agree and I hate training arms
Lmfao only way I would do an 8 hours training is if we did 2 sets per hours :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve never used quads but glute and ventro glute have always been hassle free. From memory though you’ve struggled to locate the VG in the past and I’m sure you already use glutes??

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve never used quads but glute and ventro glute have always been hassle free. From memory though you’ve struggled to locate the VG in the past and I’m sure you already use glutes??
Yeah I used glutes a lot my first year on trt / steroids in 2019, now using a lot of lats and shoulders with some glutes. Legs is definitely going to be a main part I pin now

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky i still don’t do VG tho, can’t really locate it

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did a pwo vg glute injection yesterday because we were talking about it. I found it by flexing. it was pretty annoying trying to do squats after, but maybe I didn't get the right spot

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who here does Bicep injections ?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky i still don’t do VG tho, can’t really locate it
shame that as along with the glutes it can take a lot of oil. When I’m doing test, tren, mast or test and deca I combine everything into one pin as I’d rather one bigger jab than 2 smaller ones. So normally it’s 2ml plus of oil and my delts simply ain’t taking that amount.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did a pwo vg glute injection yesterday because we were talking about it. I found it by flexing. it was pretty annoying trying to do squats after, but maybe I didn't get the right spot
Favorite place to do preWO carnitine. It needs to be IM to kick in rapidly and everywhere else will generally be sore during the workout. But the VGs are tough as the glutes and I can hit them with a slinpin length needle still.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
just use 31 gauge if you really want to
I no guys use a 31 but I can’t be bothered warming the oil to get it through that size. A 27g is the smallest I’ve gone

but my point was generally poking fun at my lack of bicep size tbh 🤣

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Favorite place to do preWO carnitine. It needs to be IM to kick in rapidly and everywhere else will generally be sore during the workout. But the VGs are tough as the glutes and I can hit them with a slinpin length needle still.
I did 20 units mass monster 10 units carnitine in vg glute, it bothered me a bit. maybe I'll try it again some time. then just now today I did 20 / 20 into main glute and feel no pain at all

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I haven't read through the thread but I have done a spot on the upper outer quad a few times, sometimes it's 100% smooth and painless and a few times something felt wrong the second the needle broke the skin and I immediately pulled it out, there's definitely a good spot in that area but I feel like I'm finding this very little room for error so I only attempt it once in the blue if I'm feeling ballsy.

Still haven't done biceps, scares the crap out there of me cus I got so many visible veins around there. Triceps seem like they would work but I kind of feel like I have to reach too far around my arm and once I actually get the pin and it's going to be hard to inject.

Been sticking with glutes, side delts, upper inner chest and a couple random sub q spots.

Il go back and read through the thread when I got some more time so sorry if I'm not completely on topic lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've heard a few ppl say the hip flexor area can take a lot of oil but I can't for the life of me find any spot around there that looks like a injection site?

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lmfao only way I would do an 8 hours training is if we did 2 sets per hours :)
What does your arm workout typically look like? I normally have one solo arm workout a week where I do 20 sets biceps and 20 sets tricep. Will typically look something like this, however I will change up a couple of exercises now and then.

Every set is prob around 10-15 reps, a few reps before failure. Workout is around 1.5 hours.

Dumbell Bicep Curl-5 sets
Barbell bicep Curl- 5 sets

Curl bar SkullCrushers-5 Sets
Tricep Rope push down-5 Sets

Straight bar Cable curls-5 Sets
Cable single arm curls-5 Sets

Tricep Straight bar push downs-5 Sets
Sitting Dip Machine-5 Sets

That’s what a typical arm day is for me, Been doing something similar for years, arms are pretty good size but might be overdoing it.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What does your arm workout typically look like? I normally have one solo arm workout a week where I do 20 sets biceps and 20 sets tricep. Will typically look something like this, however I will change up a couple of exercises now and then.

Every set is prob around 10-15 reps, a few reps before failure. Workout is around 1.5 hours.

Dumbell Bicep Curl-5 sets
Barbell bicep Curl- 5 sets

Curl bar SkullCrushers-5 Sets
Tricep Rope push down-5 Sets

Straight bar Cable curls-5 Sets
Cable single arm curls-5 Sets

Tricep Straight bar push downs-5 Sets
Sitting Dip Machine-5 Sets

That’s what a typical arm day is for me, Been doing something similar for years, arms are pretty good size but might be overdoing it.
I would never do 20 sets of a muscle not even a small muscle like biceps. I do maximum 10-12 sets and I basically have cramps and am sore for the next 4 days I don’t understand how you could possibly do 20+ sets unless intensity is low which is something I’ll never do. Really not my way of seeing things and how I train!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did 20 units mass monster 10 units carnitine in vg glute, it bothered me a bit. maybe I'll try it again some time. then just now today I did 20 / 20 into main glute and feel no pain at all
Well it still hurts a tad, but it’s such a tough area you don’t really notice it and it’s easier to shrug off. Having your shoulder sore when pressing or squatting can be a bit of a mindf*ck, if that makes more sense.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well it still hurts a tad, but it’s such a tough area you don’t really notice it and it’s easier to shrug off. Having your shoulder sore when pressing or squatting can be a bit of a mindf*ck, if that makes more sense.
I have to do more testing but I will probably be doing mostly main glute with 31 gauge now. couldn't even feel it. otherwise I do hips. don't like doing delts really. I haven't tried pec injections yet, but I'm going to soon

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have to do more testing but I will probably be doing mostly main glute with 31 gauge now. couldn't even feel it. otherwise I do hips. don't like doing delts really. I haven't tried pec injections yet, but I'm going to soon
if you haven’t tried and have decent lats.. it’s the biggest muscle above waist and litterally has no nerves or anything bad to hit in it. It’s my favorite spot by FAV. Not a single bad pin in over 200-300 pins in it.