Legit AB Belts? Are there any?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I just wanted some quick recommendations if you've used an AB belt and can recommend it from your personal experience.

I'm curious about them and actually think that I might get one moreso for ideal posture. (lots of BB'ers wear belts the entire day)

im well aware that low body fat (via diet) is the key (cause of) to good abs, and resistance training works just fine for straightening your core.. I've been down to 5% BF, blah blah :) this is not "does ab belt gonna get me ripped???" question in disguise.. I know how it all works :)

still I'm curious if you guys have any experience with these things. there's been a few clinical studies, but im not sure if those study were totally legit and published in academic, peer-review medical journals.

thanks in advance, hope everyone has been doing good

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey guys, I just wanted some quick recommendations if you've used an AB belt and can recommend it from your personal experience.

I'm curious about them and actually think that I might get one moreso for ideal posture. (lots of BB'ers wear belts the entire day)

im well aware that low body fat (via diet) is the key (cause of) to good abs, and resistance training works just fine for straightening your core.. I've been down to 5% BF, blah blah :) this is not "does ab belt gonna get me ripped???" question in disguise.. I know how it all works :)

still I'm curious if you guys have any experience with these things. there's been a few clinical studies, but im not sure if those study were totally legit and published in academic, peer-review medical journals.

thanks in advance, hope everyone has been doing good
Not from experience, but mostly from what I have read getting something for posture like a brace or belt just makes the problem worse.

Having a low body fat percentage may take some load of the lower Bach, but its not going to make your core stronger.

smohk

smohk

Awards
Having a low body fat percentage may take some load of the lower Bach, but its not going to make your core stronger.
It puts a higher load on your upper Mozart and misaligns your Beethoven. I'm not sure it's worth the trade off.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
interesting. well my posture aint bad, just not as good as when I played hockey

anyone else testify for/against the effects of AB Belts (on their Abs)??

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about those neoprene wraps, or the electro-stimulator type? The neoprene ones will just make your midsection sweat and pull out subcutaneous water. As someone posted, wearing something like that all day pulled tightly removes the need for your core to do some of the work.

If you mean the stimulator belts, I say know. When I went to my chirp that did e-stim therapy on my back I asked him about them. He said there just isn't any way to get your muscles to contract hard enough in order to overload them and add development. No doubt they make the muscles contract, and it sucked if it crossed over a nerve. But doing a regular crunch or even sets of planks require a more forceful and longer contraction.