Left ventricular hypertrophy: finally happened

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was in for a unrelated EKG yesterday, and they told me that I have left ventricular hypertrophy.

Have any of you had an EKG?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes.

What did the cardiologist say? It's not uncommon for people who resistance train to get *some* LVH.

It can be reversible, without giving up training. I'd research these...

Arjuna terminalia
Shilajit fulvic acid + COQ10
Vit D
ACE inhibitors
ARBs
Beta blockers (in particular nebevilol, carvedilol)
...generally keeping blood pressure in a good range.

Search through "Victor Black", "Vigorous Steve" and "Leo and longevity" channels on YouTube, they have lots of good stuff on heart remodeling.

Last edited:

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes.

What did the cardiologist say? It's not uncommon for people who resistance train to get *some* LVH.

Arjuna terminalia
Vit D
ACE inhibitors
ARBs

Search through "Victor Black", "Vigorous Steve" and "Leo and longevity" channels on YouTube, they have lots of good stuff on heart remodeling.
Oh nice! I appreciate the info good sir

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Age? Aas use history?

I have documented my lv signifcantly getting enlarged on cycle and then shrinking afterwards. I may try to dig the thread up.

Ah here it is

It will happen eventually given enough training and aas abuse. We aint prolonging our lives with this thats a given. But its a trade off which we accepted.

Unless its pathological it should reverse itself via aas discontinuation and dropping bodyweight. There are cases on the internet of reversed heart failure too.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes.

Arjuna terminalia
Vit D
ACE inhibitors
ARBs

It was just a nurse she said the dr would talk more about it but he didnt bring it up and i didnt ask. Ill look at the results on my patient portal

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Age? Aas use history?

I have documented my lv signifcantly getting enlarged on cycle and then shrinking afterwards. I may try to dig the thread up.

Ah here it is

It will happen eventually given enough training and aas abuse. We aint prolonging our lives with this thats a given. But its a trade off which we accepted.
Very helpful. Im 32. Yeah ive been on 250mg test for a few months. Prior to that i took a good long break. Prior to the break i was taking lower dosed aas blasts. Its time for another break… BEFORE I BLOW UP - bulk time

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very helpful. Im 32. Yeah ive been on 250mg test for a few months. Prior to that i took a good long break. Prior to the break i was taking lower dosed aas blasts. Its time for another break… BEFORE I BLOW UP - bulk time
Doesnt sound like a dose which would cause problems.

Get that thing checked out to make sure its not hereditary.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bump for more input. Nobody talks about this stuff, but we should
Not much else to add bro until you take the next step and get the echocardiogram done. Get that done and report back.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
P
perhaps don’t bulk. Get leaner n drop
Some overall body weight. Truly less stress on pumping volume.. increase cardio, Hiit, crossh1t etc.